DVC Resort tour for a new member?

Livelovedance

DIS Veteran
I apologize in advance if this is a ridiculous question, but it possible to request a dvc tour if you’re already a dvc member?

On our last trip we ended up purchasing dvc from Disney Springs on our last day. It wasn’t planned, and the process took so long that we didn’t even get to use the FP because we had to get back to the resort for the DME :worried:

We have a trip coming up and we were thinking on our nonpark day it might be nice to visit Copper Creek, our home resort (we’ve never been). Would it be possible to schedule a dvc tour of the resort, even though we’re already owners? We wouldn’t be looking for perks, we’d just like to get to look around, maybe see a room in person, and ask any questions we might have. Is this unrealistic? Should I contact the person we purchased from, or member services? Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't be surprised if DVC sells more points to current or previous owners than to new ones. At least, that's the way they sound whenever they run into a current owner. They'd love to give you a tour.

Sure. They'll assume you're after an add-on.

I wouldn't be surprised if DVC sells more points to current or previous owners than to new ones. At least, that's the way they sound whenever they run into a current owner. They'd love to give you a tour.

I was afraid they’d say no, but I didn’t even think about it that way! I guess I’ll wait until our trip and schedule one while we’re there. Thank you!

They will sometimes only allow existing member tours at the end of the day, you need to check with them at any ASA location for the current policy. I would also contact your guide and explain that you didn't get to use your fast passes when you bought and that you would like him/her to make some Disney magic and replace them for your new visit.

:earsboy: Bill

They will sometimes only allow existing member tours at the end of the day, you need to check with them at any ASA location for the current policy. I would also contact your guide and explain that you didn't get to use your fast passes when you bought and that you would like him/her to make some Disney magic and replace them for your new visit.

Good to know! What are ASA locations? Are they the DVC booths that are around the parks? If we get into a tour I will definitely ask!

Contact your sales Guide before your trip to arrange something.

DVC does not give guided tours of entire resorts. People can freely visit any Disney resort and access most guest areas on their own. As for seeing a room at Copper Creek, that really just depends on if they are using a model room for tours at the time of your visit.

The DVC sales center is located at Saratoga Springs. There they have models of Copper Creek, Aulani and (last I heard) Polynesian. They'll happily let you walk around those model rooms, typically a "self guided tour" with a few other families and a single host to answer some basic questions. There is also a public model room on the BoardWalk near Big River Grill. That's open approximately 8am - 6pm daily for anyone to walk in and see an example of a BoardWalk two bedroom villa.

I apologize in advance if this is a ridiculous question, but it possible to request a dvc tour if you’re already a dvc member?

On our last trip we ended up purchasing dvc from Disney Springs on our last day. It wasn’t planned, and the process took so long that we didn’t even get to use the FP because we had to get back to the resort for the DME :worried:

We have a trip coming up and we were thinking on our nonpark day it might be nice to visit Copper Creek, our home resort (we’ve never been). Would it be possible to schedule a dvc tour of the resort, even though we’re already owners? We wouldn’t be looking for perks, we’d just like to get to look around, maybe see a room in person, and ask any questions we might have. Is this unrealistic? Should I contact the person we purchased from, or member services? Thanks in advance!

Welcome home! :cheer2:

This! Livelovedance, give your sales guide a call. Most are happy to help you set up something and it's possible that they MIGHT be able to meet you to show you the models. This greatly depends on their schedule, assigned location, etc, but if you call them in advance, most are happy to help set up a tour for you, even if they cannot be there for you.

No way I would sign up for a sales tour if I had no interest in buying/adding on. Why deal with that hassle? Just call your guide. They can help. Have fun!

We just did a tour at Copper Creek on Thursday. We got to see a studio, a one bedroom, and the cabins. They are, at this time, being given in the afternoon. Just check with the DVC desk near the front door of the lobby. We are DVC members and really just wanted to see the cabins. They are quite impressive and I can't wait for the opportunity to stay there. We were also very impressed with the studio and one bedroom. Very nice, fresh design.

DVC does not give guided tours of entire resorts. People can freely visit any Disney resort and access most guest areas on their own. As for seeing a room at Copper Creek, that really just depends on if they are using a model room for tours at the time of your visit.

The DVC sales center is located at Saratoga Springs. There they have models of Copper Creek, Aulani and (last I heard) Polynesian. They'll happily let you walk around those model rooms, typically a "self guided tour" with a few other families and a single host to answer some basic questions. There is also a public model room on the BoardWalk near Big River Grill. That's open approximately 8am - 6pm daily for anyone to walk in and see an example of a BoardWalk two bedroom villa.

Thank you! We’re not looking for a tour of the whole resort. We’re planning to go for a meal and WCC and walk around, but we figured while we’re there it’d be nice to see the rooms. I’ll call the sales guide and see if we can work something out.

Welcome home! :cheer2:

This! Livelovedance, give your sales guide a call. Most are happy to help you set up something and it's possible that they MIGHT be able to meet you to show you the models. This greatly depends on their schedule, assigned location, etc, but if you call them in advance, most are happy to help set up a tour for you, even if they cannot be there for you.

No way I would sign up for a sales tour if I had no interest in buying/adding on. Why deal with that hassle? Just call your guide. They can help. Have fun!

Thank you!!! I was nervous about it but now I’m excited to be a member! I’ll definitely call the guide, it’ll be a lot easier if we can set something up ahead of time.

We just did a tour at Copper Creek on Thursday. We got to see a studio, a one bedroom, and the cabins. They are, at this time, being given in the afternoon. Just check with the DVC desk near the front door of the lobby. We are DVC members and really just wanted to see the cabins. They are quite impressive and I can't wait for the opportunity to stay there. We were also very impressed with the studio and one bedroom. Very nice, fresh design.

This is PERFECT, thank you! I’m glad to hear they’re currently doing tours at the resort! We’d love to see those room types. This is exactly what we’re looking for. I’ll ask the sales guide if he can set this up for us. If not, I’ll ask at the dvc desk at the resort.

Yes at the parks, DS, boardwalk, and at the resorts.

Great, thank you!

That's open approximately 8am - 6pm daily for anyone to walk in and see an example of a BoardWalk two bedroom villa.

Great info in your post, tjkraz! :cutie: The Boardwalk 2 bedroom lockout model villa is actually open from 9am to at least 9pm, so anyone can pop in to view the models during those times, no appointment needed at all! :D But be aware that the folks posted in the models are there to book tours, so unless you are interested in adding on points (members) or in purchasing DVC, I would NOT book an appointment. As we have told LiveLoveDance, you do NOT need an appointment booked as an official tour to get to see models. There are other ways. Less pressure, less time. :flower:

Great info in your post, tjkraz! :cutie: The Boardwalk 2 bedroom lockout model villa is actually open from 9am to at least 9pm, so anyone can pop in to view the models during those times, no appointment needed at all! :D But be aware that the folks posted in the models are there to book tours, so unless you are interested in adding on points (members) or in purchasing DVC, I would NOT book an appointment. As we have told LiveLoveDance, you do NOT need an appointment booked as an official tour to get to see models. There are other ways. Less pressure, less time. :flower:

Yes, thank you! We’re probably going to book a tour, especially after seeing that @csdvcsully had the chance to tour the different rooms right at copper creek. I’m going to call my sales guide on Monday and see what he says. We’ll be visiting the resort that day anyway so if it’s a possibility we’ll take it. If it’s not going to work out, we’ll definitely visit the models and be on our way lol. Thank you to everyone that responded, I truly appreciate it! I’m definitely still learning! :worship:

We just bought in while we were there for the 4th. We did the tour at SSR and then went over to WL and did the afternoon tour of CCV as well. We were impressed with the rooms also. I believe the tour was around 4 PM if I remember correctly.

I'd strongly recommend making an appt and going to CCV, not SSR. This is strictly so you can see the awesome cabins :) They will sell themselves lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter