DVC resort Bell Service, use them or not?

I typically stay at either BCV or BWV. I use Bell services if we have grocery bags that need to be stored while waiting for the room as well as my luggage. They are always friendly / helpful and I have never had a problem. I've found that if I get to the hotel around 12pm, the preferred room is generally available within an hour. If I get in late around 3-4pm, the room is not ready till about 6pm and its whatever is left. I normally ask for a high floor.

At Aulani, it’s easier because Bell Services actually unloads your bags and delivers them and it (or has been in my experience) the same person.

I believe at WDW it’s a separate entity (valet maybe?) that unloads and a separate person delivers.
Yes to the second point, in my experience, staying at BWV. We tip the person (usually a valet) who unloads the luggage, etc. onto the luggage cart and delivers it to bell services. Then we tip the bell person who delivers the cart to our villa, unloading it as directed.

I’m on vacation and am happy to provide the gratuities for services provided. I’m used to tipping anyone who provides a service by handling my luggage. That usually includes the sky cap who checks us in curbside at our departing airport, so I don’t have to schlep the luggage to a check-in kiosk, tag it myself, then move it again to the point where it gets placed on the luggage belt. At MCO, dropping off a rental car, there are usually sky caps around to assist with getting the luggage checked in. Otherwise, I need to hunt down a luggage cart. It’s something like $7 to get a self-service cart (or maybe now $9, although that might have been at MIA, not MCO). I’ll happily tip the sky cap $20 to handle our two checked bags and a carry-on for us and avoid a lot of hassle.

We always drive to the resort, usually after a grocery run. We use bell services to haul our stuff up.

Perhaps you quoted the wrong post??
You made a comment to another poster about commenting on the forum after only being here two weeks and only having 14 posts. When you joked that we never agree, I made a tongue-in-cheek comment that maybe you'd see things differently once you've been around awhile too (fully knowing you've been here for over 20 years but playing off your comment to the other poster). I guess more emojis are needed.

ETA: I then added that 12 of those 14 posts that other person made were all from today.

You made a comment to another poster about commenting on the forum after only being here two weeks and only having 14 posts. When you joked that we never agree, I made a tongue-in-cheek comment that maybe you'd see things differently once you've been around awhile too (fully knowing you've been here for over 20 years but playing off your comment to the other poster). I guess more emojis are needed.

ETA: I then added that 12 of those 14 posts that other person made were all from today.
Okay.. so another agreement??

We almost always use them as we generally do split stays and arrive early in the day. They hold our bags and groceries while we hit a park or a pool. Never had an issue. On the way home I sometimes just do it myself depending on flight times and our plan.

If we need a cart we use bell services. I would never take one of theirs to use. If we DIY we don't use a cart.

It seems to be an option now, at least in some resorts.

When I first joined in 2000, I never saw anyone other than BS using the carts. That seems to have loosened up.
Do you try and search on out or do you ask at Bell Services?

Until recently, I was explicitly told I could not have a cart, that these were reserved for bell services. However, I've seen many Guests using carts during my last two stays.

I'm not sure why things changed.
We've seen it more often lately also, especially at AKL and WL. Unless Bell Services lets grocery delivery people use them. But I've also seen people using them with luggage on them also, so who knows!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest