DVC Questions

OKSTATE99

Mouseketeer
I have questions for you DVCers.

One, can you cancel a ressie? If I reserve my home resort at 11 months, them try and make ressies at a different DVC resort at 7 months and get it, can I cancel my home resort? How far in advance of a use year do you have to bank your points? Is it easier to borrow from the next year then to bank? Can you bank all of your pionts or borrow all of your points? We like to go to WDW everyother year. So we would like to know our options and strategies. So if I buy a resale BWV I basically have to find my own finacing? What DVC properties (at WDW)(from Disney) are avaiable for sale now?

Thanks in Advance
Robert

According to the member book, if you cancel reservations before 30 days prior to your arrival date, you get your points back. If you cancel within 1-30 days your points go into a holding tank, and if you cancel after one day you lose the points.

You can bank all of your points in the first six months of your use year. You can bank 50% of points in the seventh to ninth month of your use year. You can bank 25% of your points in the tenth month. In the last two months, you can't bank any points.

You can bank all your points and borrow all your points.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Hilton Head Island are currently for sale at Disney.

Disney is also still selling Vero Beach (in addition to VWL and Hilton Head Island).

If you decide to purchase a resale, you will have to come up with the money on your own - i.e., find your own financing. If you want BWV (or OKW) your only option is a resale. There are quite a few threads on this board with lots of good info on resales. Use the search feature to find them.

Good Luck with your decision.

Hey OKSTATE! We're from Stillwater and have been members since 2000. Feel free to email us if you want answers from the OK viewpoint.

By the way, we love it - not one moment of regret.

When points are in the "holding account" they can only be used to make reservations 60 days in advance. They are also unable to be banked.

Whether to bank or borrow is a personal decision. Once the points are moved either way, they must be used in that year and can't be re-banked or re-borrowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter