DVC Points for Sale

Laurajean1014

<font color=blue>WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team<br><
Ebay currently has two Old Key West sales (1-for points and the other selling a block of Sun-Thur vacation, currently at $99, but reserved!).

There's a Boardwalk resale that's asking $12,000!

Wow, the Boardwalk resale is for $80/pt. I would think going through e-bay would save on a brokerage fee which might bring the price down a little, but I guess not.

What do you have to search under in EBAY to get these auctions? Or other DVC auctions

To find the Boardwalk one I typed "disney + boardwalk" in the seach field. Sometimes you can get it with "disney + vacation" or "disney + vacation + club", just keep trying different combinations.

$80 PP right now at BW as a starting price, that's a laugh.

Not that I'd personally give that much, I can see someone giving $75 pp at BW or OKW. That would include the closing, etc. The person I believe would do this would the the one that's intent on buying and want OKW or BW as the home resort. Since the only incentives to buying through DVC are the no closing, financing and MB; there's not much negative to buying resale. What happens with the DVC point system and continued resorts coming on line is that our points will have increased value both if we sell or use them. The only resales that should maybe go over the DVC retail price are add ons.

Originally posted by Disney Adventurer
Wow, the Boardwalk resale is for $80/pt.
Well, I'll have to keep an eye on this for the next 16 days 21+ hours. :rolleyes: Do you think it will move at all? Wouldn't you think that anyone who's considering bidding would do some intense research, and no way bid on it? But I have to agree with HorizonsFan...sure makes me appreciate getting in when I did! ($63)

Wow!

Check out ebay now! One Boardwalk resale: 150 points for $12,000 and more than 5 vacation options at OKW~

That is a rip off!!!

I think I will wait for the BCV's next year. That is my advice now to all potential owners. Otherwise VWL. A resale at that much for these locations is obscene.

Resales can still be a good value if you shop around. The problem with eBay (from a buyer's perspective) is the "greater fool" theory. There's so many shoppers, and the one that overbids the most gets the points. That's the thing that's great about eBay if you're a seller, of course.

But you certainly don't have to buy your resale on eBay. There's several reputable brokers out there, and if you arm yourself with a little bit of info a resale still can make sense. It all depends on your situation.

I just spoke to the seller of that property. They have even borrowed 17 points for future year. That means you would only get 133 for the first year. I will love to see if they get that or not.

To me it is highway robbery!!!

what do you care if the if they get their asking price on ebay? It only makes all our points worth more! I say the more they can get, the better. Lets make it $90!!!

I still think Disney offers the best deal! With ebay you need to come up with cash within a few days. Why pay that type of premium and pay cash for it?

I opted for the financing for the initial and some add-ons because of the tax deduction!

Did you finance or purchase outright?

Someone has a 2 bedroom @ OKW from 9/24/01-10/01/01 starting @ $400, no reserve and so far no bids.

What is this $95 fee, that's news to me:

You pay a $95 transportation fee that must be paid directly to the resort before check-in.

When I first read your post I thought it was a transfer fee. However, we just recently booked on DCL and it was still $75!

I have never rented points, but I assume that WDW doesn't care, nor would charge you extra for being a non-member...

Anyone want to call the seller????

Originally posted by normr
Someone has a 2 bedroom @ OKW from 9/24/01-10/01/01 starting @ $400, no reserve and so far no bids.

What is this $95 fee, that's news to me:

You pay a $95 transportation fee that must be paid directly to the resort before check-in.
This must be an exchange someone has gotten through II. DVC charges an extra $95 "resort services" fee for exchanges plus the exchange fee and guest certificate fee of $35. Technically renting an exchange is against the rules for both II and RCI but I get the feeling it is a routine occurance. Still, there is some risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter