• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Loungefly 30th backpack

Suger Mag

MamaBear
Any of these around in the shops at the world lately? Trying to decide if I suck it up and buy from other sources or hold out hope for when I go 1/10.

I saw someone post on FB yesterday that they just found one on property. This backpack was also on shop Disney before Christmas.

If you really want it and you have a chance to get it you should get it. Cant tell you how many times I delayed and missed out on Disney Longefly.

If you really want it and you have a chance to get it you should get it. Cant tell you how many times I delayed and missed out on Disney Longefly.

the worst that happens if I give in and buy it now is that I would have paid more for it, than if I wait and see it in the shops when I go.... there, then I would have it with my discount.... .... sigh, i hate paying full price (LOL)

the worst that happens if I give in and buy it now is that I would have paid more for it, than if I wait and see it in the shops when I go.... there, then I would have it with my discount.... .... sigh, i hate paying full price (LOL)
I'm right there with you, it's funny I save on everything then waste it in one go.

I snagged it on shopDisney as I just randomly happened to be logged on when it dropped and i was thrilled. New to loungefly I got a little excited so a week later I got the real 50th gold one too but decided to return bc I’m so happy with DVC one. I was feeling kinda awful about returning with so much remorse until I used the credit to pick up the DVC sweater on sale. I’m a little bit DVC happy these days…ok most days!
Oh and I wouldn’t have bought it without the multiple dvc gift card discount.(It was my “starter” bag which led me to the full price gold one that I didn’t like as much. )

yeah i think they are all done for the most part... maybe here and there for a bit, but I suspect the last stock dump was in time for the crowds over Christmas. With the 30th anniversary for DVC ending, I can't see them doing a re-run. Decided to suck it up and get it while they were still priced ok on ebay, figured the upcharge was worth not spending the time trying to hunt one down in a couple of weeks.

yeah i think they are all done for the most part... maybe here and there for a bit, but I suspect the last stock dump was in time for the crowds over Christmas. With the 30th anniversary for DVC ending, I can't see them doing a re-run. Decided to suck it up and get it while they were still priced ok on ebay, figured the upcharge was worth not spending the time trying to hunt one down in a couple of weeks.
I did the same to get one for my wife's birthday. I only paid about $20 over retail and got free shipping, so it was worth it to me to not have to keep searching and/or hoping more would become available. Also, my wife's birthday is not too far off and I didn't want to be still trying to get one at the last minute. I figure the prices on eBay and other after-market options are only going to rise the more time goes by.

I did the same to get one for my wife's birthday. I only paid about $20 over retail and got free shipping, so it was worth it to me to not have to keep searching and/or hoping more would become available. Also, my wife's birthday is not too far off and I didn't want to be still trying to get one at the last minute. I figure the prices on eBay and other after-market options are only going to rise the more time goes by.
I broke down and went the eBay route for the second bag as well. The extra $20-$25 was worth it to avoid the inevitable grumbling that would have arisen. A small price to pay for domestic bliss.

And you have it at the parks day one!
Ps.. when buying stuff on Ebay you can get preowned gift cards at a discount or at target for 5% off I use giftcard wiki

And you have it at the parks day one!
Ps.. when buying stuff on Ebay you can get preowned gift cards at a discount or at target for 5% off I use giftcard wiki
Oh yeah I love my Redcard 5%... it adds up, especially as I use giftcards for everything possible at WDW ... food, silly loungefly backpacks, experiences like Savi's or Oga's...., it helps me budget and it is nice to have it essentially prepaid.

What was the original direct from Disney price? I was looking at eBay listings and they all seemed to be around $130-150, but looking at other Loungflys direct from Disney, they seem to be in the $70-100 range? I see some saying you paid a $20 premium which doesn't sound awful, but if they were being sold by Disney for $80, then paying $150 is a different story. :)

What was the original direct from Disney price? I was looking at eBay listings and they all seemed to be around $130-150, but looking at other Loungflys direct from Disney, they seem to be in the $70-100 range? I see some saying you paid a $20 premium which doesn't sound awful, but if they were being sold by Disney for $80, then paying $150 is a different story. :)
$75
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-loungefly-backpack-disney-vacation-club-475015902951.html
It's not like the 50th anniversary ones people trying to sell for $500.

Hot topic/ box lunch has decent prices... but they dont carry the park editions

$75... and then the DVC discount which should knock off another 20%.

Yes, all the ones priced in the $90 -100 are all gone now. That was why i decided to jump when I did, figuring If they were all sold out, then the price will just get higher as fewer and fewer remain. I dont get the 'must haves' too often lol, but I love Loungefly and of course I love my DVC, and really wanted to add this to my little collection. I purchased for $102 total which included expedited shipping ($90 without the tax/shipping). I can live with that...... $150+... then I would lust from afar.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter