DVC Disneyland Tips

Taraleigsmom

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
Considering a June 2025 DL trip, I have not been in 30 yrs, a WDW girl ! Does anyone have any tips or suggestions ?? Is 3 days enough for both parks ? Any info on Villas?

Thanks

Can definitely experience both parks in three days. I’d still try for a full five days ticket option vacation. Do go with the hopper option because each park has different operating hours. Plus after hour events pop into the calendar closing one even earlier. DVC villas can be booked through Disney or can rent the points for a reservation. Buying a direct VDH DVC contract is also an option for booking June 2025.

As a WDW girl myself, we finally tried DL last Halloween with a 4 day ticket. Basically 2 semi-full days and 2 half days. We did not cover everything. Not even close. Partly because we tried to get in a bit of everything and spent alot of time exploring our resort (DLH), swimming, Trader Sams, Napa, the spa, etc. In hindsight the 5th ticket day could’ve been well utilized. While you probably could cover most everything with a 3 day ticket and efficient plan, we chose a slower pace.

Disneyland Hotel and Villas were amazing! The new monorail pool bar opened during our trip, along with the new splash pad. You’re in for a real treat! It’s a fantastic resort.

Can definitely experience both parks in three days. I’d still try for a full five days ticket option vacation. Do go with the hopper option because each park has different operating hours. Plus after hour events pop into the calendar closing one even earlier. DVC villas can be booked through Disney or can rent the points for a reservation. Buying a direct VDH DVC contract is also an option for booking June 2025.
Thank you. points are not an issue or buying another contract .
Looking for more info rooms, parks etc.

Every time I’ve done three days at Disneyland I’ve wished I did more. But it’s certainly enough for a very very fun trip where you see and do all of your priorities and still have time to kind of take the parks in.

If you’re a regular at WDW you’ll notice that Disneyland opens earlier and stays open later, so you can get more done in a day. You’ll also notice the food is better at Disneyland. 😎

Grand Californian Villas are virtually in California Adventure but they are very tough to book if you don’t own there. Disneyland Hotel Villas are more of a hike but if your points are eligible to book them, you should be able to find availability.

3 days are enough, 4 will be more relaxed pace. Like pp said, VGC is closer but hard to get at 7 months. VDH is shiny and new. Plan for the $3 a point tax at VDH.

For me, Disneyland is a 2 day park and DCA is a 1 day park - so a 3 day no hopper ticket works out nicely for myself. However, those are pretty packed days - so if you want a more leisurely pace then you can extend it by a day or two. Of course, if you do 3 days and don't get everything you want done, that just gives an excuse to return and something more to look forward to

Avoid the beginning of June with grad nights and check the calendar to choose the days that are the most blacked out for the APs. Summer in Anaheim will be crazy but at least those times may be better.

June usually is pretty nice for weather with warm days and mild nights. There can always be a heat wave so check the weather and be prepared. However, I’ll take 100 in Anaheim over 90 in Orlando every time.

VGC is the best DVC in the whole system.😉 Stay in the Villas and get park hoppers and you can hit everything in three days with G+ and some early mornings. If you’re in DCA you can just go back to your room to use the bathroom, it’s that close.

Go to Blue Bayou for dinner and request a waterside table. Make sure to see the light up (sh-boom) in Cars Land at least one night. Ride tip: Grizzly River Run is usually a walk on at the end of the night and it’s a great last ride when staying at VGC.

VDH does not get much love on the boards, but it a great place to stay :) The food at the pool bar is great and do not skip on the Tangaroa Toast at Tangaroa Terrace! I have never stayed in the Villas at Grand Cal but I dislike the chaos in the lobby and the pool at Grand Cal. VDH has a more relaxed, less crowded vibe in my opinion. It will also most likely be easier to get a room at VDH since it has more villas than VGC.

We usually go for three days, 2 at DL and 1 at DCA with no park hoppers. Park hoppers and Genie+ are not a requirement but are a nice addition if you want to splurge. It is extremely easy to park hop if you wish, and Genie+ is works significantly better at DL due to the demand not being as high. Early Entry really shines at DL when you can basically knock out most if not all of Fantasyland before park opening. Early Entry at DCA is a hit or miss.... sometimes all the EE attractions are up and running... other times there are literally two attractions open lol

As far as food is concerned, Jolly Holiday and Carnation Cafe re amazing and Pyms Test Kitchen at DCA. I find that Blue Bayou and Lamplight Lounge are over rated for the experience and food they provide.

Since this is the first time back in years make sure to get plenty of churros. Don’t buy the ones in Downtown Disney though, stick to the ones in the park. I was shocked going to WDW at how it seemed almost impossible to find a churro and when I actually did it wasn’t anywhere near as good as DLR.

Since this is the first time back in years make sure to get plenty of churros. Don’t buy the ones in Downtown Disney though, stick to the ones in the park. I was shocked going to WDW at how it seemed almost impossible to find a churro and when I actually did it wasn’t anywhere near as good as DLR.
Little known (?) fact: The company that makes the churros for Disney’s US parks has their churro factory in Southern California. A lot of quality benefits to having stuff within a couple days of when it’s made.

VDH does not get much love on the boards, but it a great place to stay :) <... snip... > It will also most likely be easier to get a room at VDH since it has more villas than VGC.
Easier, perhaps, not only because there are more villas but also more restrictions on which points can book those villas??

I think 3 days is doable. But we like to do 5 because we enjoy a leisurely pace and lots of breaks. Early-mid June has grad nights, we we prefer to avoid. We were there in late June 2022 and had a great time (minus the covid we caught which made us leave early.) It was quite warm but nowhere near Florida in the summer temps.

I would never do Disneyland without hoppers. That's just a personal preference. We essentially treat the 2 parks like 1 larger park and go back and forth, as needed. Especially nice if you stay at the Grand Californian since there are two entrances from there directly into California Adventure. Park hopping is allowed after 11am now, so not too terrible.

There are some rides at both WDW and Disneyland....and a few of the are much better at Disneyland so don't skip something just because you've been on it at WDW. (Though some are obviously identical like Dumbo.)

Probably sacrilegious to say here with as many WDW fans as there are, but I find Disneyland superior to WDW Magic Kingdom. Disneyland is great and I know you will have a wonderful time. WDW and the bubble as a whole are fantastic, but when comparing WDW Magic Kingdom to Disneyland I'm not much of a WDW Magic Kingdom fan and was actually a bit disappointed the first time I visited having been to Disneyland previously - it just didn't seem as immersive and magical as Disneyland always is.

I think 3 days between Disneyland and DCA is a really good fit. Both have plenty to offer and you should have no problem filling up those three days.

Not DVC-related, but try to be in Cars Land at DCA a few minutes before sunset during your visit for the little lighting ceremony they do at sunset each day - it's not mind-blowing or anything like that but is fun and a fairly unique little experience. The evening shows at both parks are very worth-while as well.

Last edited:
Little known (?) fact: The company that makes the churros for Disney’s US parks has their churro factory in Southern California. A lot of quality benefits to having stuff within a couple days of when it’s made.
You can get a box of frozen Tio Pepe churros at Smart and Final!

Take full advantage of Early Entry, it's one of the few tangible benefits of staying onsite. The parks don't usually get crowded until about 10am most days, so the first few hours of the day is a great time to get a lot of things done in the parks.

Probably sacrilegious to say here with as many WDW fans as there are, but I find Disneyland superior to WDW Magic Kingdom. Disneyland is great and I know you will have a wonderful time. WDW and the bubble as a whole are fantastic, but when comparing WDW Magic Kingdom to Disneyland I'm not much of a WDW Magic Kingdom fan and was actually a bit disappointed the first time I visited having been to Disneyland previously - it just didn't seem as immersive and magical as Disneyland always is.

I think 3 days between Disneyland and DCA is a really good fit. Both have plenty to offer and you should have no problem filling up those three days.

Not DVC-related, but try to be in Cars Land at DCA a few minutes before sunset during your visit for the little lighting ceremony they do at sunset each day - it's not mind-blowing or anything like that but is fun and a fairly unique little experience. The evening shows at both parks are very worth-while as well.

I agree about Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom. I think for me, the biggest thing is how superior Fantasyland is. I love the look of it...plus all the extra rides. Alice, Mr. Toad's, and Casey Jr. are 3 of my favorite attractions.

I think they just pack a lot into a tiny space. Some people might dislike that. But it just makes me happy. It has way more charm than the Magic Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter