DVC discounts vs Annual Pass discount

eleven24

DVC AKV 2007
Have been a DVC member for 10+ years now but never purchased the Annual Pass. Trying to see if it is worth it, and one of the "perks" of the AP is the discount offered on select dining/merchandise. DVC offers a very similar, if not the exact same discount. I'm sure it's not possible, but can the discounts be stacked? As in 10% DVC + 10% AP = 20% discount.

We go as a family almost once every 12 months or so. Obviously, if I plan 2 trips within 12 months it is worth it. Just trying to see if it's worth it for 1 trip in 12 months.

Any thoughts?

No, no stacking. No reason to buy an AP for anything other than it making sense for lowering park entry costs over multiple trips or for an extended trip.

One other benefit of having an AP would be for a possible room discount if you are not staying on points.

If you want a better dining discount look into the tables in wonderland card. 20% off at many locations and good up to 10 people, whereas the DVC or AP is only for 10% for the member and 3 guests. This is the point that TiW makes sense to get 20% on my party of 7 vs only 4 of us getting 10%. The AP is a no brainer IF you can make 2 trips in one year. If you can shift your dates to get the 2 trips in (keeping in mind black out dates) the gold AP is worth it.

I love the AP perks. Free photopass, quite a few dining discounts, free parking at the parks, room discounts... for me, being able to purchase the Gold AP is the best DVC perk there is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter