DVC Complaints

Worth the zombie thread to find this gem from 8 years ago.

And not giving you grief. I know based on how much time you spend here that you’re very vested in DVC and very willing to help others. That was true 8 years ago too, as evidenced by this thread.

I don’t see you making that comment today. Still vested but maybe a bit jaded over time.

Honestly, I appreciated seeing that.
You pulled the quote out of context. Those that have been here for that and much longer can tell you that my stance hasn't really changed. DVC is is a great option for some and horrible for others. If you go back and reread the entire post I think you'll see it's c/w what you see me post now. About the only things I can think of where I've changed my stance are that I used to give exceptions to financing such as if one has a large refund coming or for price increases. I no longer feel those are valid exceptions mostly because the majority of people who plan to buy and pay it off quickly don't end up doing so. I enjoy DVC and find the system has many fine qualities. Maybe it'll give you a better and more real context when you're reading my posts. The cautions, concerns and negatives are heartfelt and have a helpful intent but it's often what those drinking the Kool-aid don't want to hear.

I've pretty much had a good experience the only complaint I would make is the difficulty making reservations if you can't plan ahead. For that reason I would recommend buying fewer points than you think you will use. You can always pay cash if you want to stay longer. Otherwise..its been great and economical for me.

I know this is a zombie thread, but what was this (bolded)....

Chic,

I agree that a savy person can, in some circumstances, save money doing a resale.

However, I don't agree that everyone can save tons of money with every add on.

This past December, we added 50 points at AKL. With the additional "on property discount," and the fact that most resale contracts were stripped, we did much better buying direct. We did not save tons of money, but we saved a few pennies and a lot of time.

Everyone's wants and needs are different.

Der... didn't notice it was a zombie. yea... what is the on property discount?

Back then, they offered a discount if you added points while staying on property. Around this time, I visited the DVC Center at SSR and bought an addition 50 points. They discounted the contract by $15 per point because I was staying in property at the time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter