DVC Blue Card benfits!?!

Drewferin

DIS Veteran
Let's track current blue card benefits now that Disney is normalizing from Covid...

(1) Sorcerers AP (Maybe since white DVC card are purchasing)
(2) Discounts on some merchandise and food 10% to 20%
(3) $10 off select Boo Bash tickets
(4) Member lounge at Epcot
(5) 15% off Mini Golf
(6) Water Park Discount $20
(7) $10 off Very Merriest After Hours
(8) $20 off Disneyland Magic Keys
(9) DVC Golf discount, currently 15% off the rate otherwise paid by those staying on site for tee times at the three 18-hole courses, Palm, Magnolia and Lake Buena Vista courses. Pay $20 a round at the nine-hole Oak Trail course. Juniors (under 18) get another 40% off those DVC discounted prices for both the 18-hole courses and 9-hole course.

Let's try to keep this active to track everything as it changes. In my opinion direct purchases don't really give you any meaningful benefits but this could change....

Last edited:
Member lounge at Epcot
15% off Mini Golf
Water Park Discount $20
Resort Swapping Privileges at 7 months.

There's more but there's not much. Once they figured out they could create a "benefit" by restricting what had been a universal right that involves no discounts or significant cost, they really tightened things up.

Member lounge at Epcot
15% off Mini Golf
Water Park Discount $20

TI'm sure there's more but there's really not much.
Thanks for finding a few I missed. Updated my post. Sure hope they add the LL passes or something meaningful to blue card members. That would go a long way in sales tactics.

Thanks for finding a few I missed. Updated my post. Sure hope they add the LL passes or something meaningful to blue card members. That would go a long way in sales tactics.

Where you can use the points is not a blue card benefit. It is based on direct points.

Someone can add on 50 points direct and it would not get them the blue card, but still allow them to use the points at DLP, etc.

There are also discounts on events and activities, like spas, etc.

I don’t know how to quantify this but I have 2 direct contracts and 1 resale. I have only received upgrades to rooms I’ve booked with direct points. I’ve only been a member for 3 years so I don’t have a lot of pre Covid time to compare. It’s 375 direct 300 resale and I’ve had 3 stays upgraded without asking along with 7 stays not upgraded. Again, no way to quantify but it would be interesting if we could see if it were a “blue card” consideration.

May favorite benefit, is the food discount.
Without being able to get the dinning plan lately and having gone with a party of 13 its is nice a discount…
Plus when I use marriott points to stay at the swan, it is very helpful.

I don’t know how to quantify this but I have 2 direct contracts and 1 resale. I have only received upgrades to rooms I’ve booked with direct points. I’ve only been a member for 3 years so I don’t have a lot of pre Covid time to compare. It’s 375 direct 300 resale and I’ve had 3 stays upgraded without asking along with 7 stays not upgraded. Again, no way to quantify but it would be interesting if we could see if it were a “blue card” consideration.

I got my first upgrade this summer, and it was on resale points in my white card membership and not the one with my blue card. Prior to covid, upgrades for DVC was pretty non existent.

The level of upgrades we are seeing since Covid is a product of that and trying to give rooms extra time between guests when they can.

Member lounge at Epcot
15% off Mini Golf
Water Park Discount $20
Resort Swapping Privileges at 7 months.

There's more but there's not much. Once they figured out they could create a "benefit" by restricting what had been a universal right that involves no discounts or significant cost, they really tightened things up.
"Perks" have now become "Those things which we have decided NOT to take away....yet".

Perks when we first joined: free valet parking (which we never once utilized cuz tipping was still expected), free use of resort fitness center (there was a resort charge otherwise). That was it.

The best marketing campaign DVC could offer would be free Lightning Lane passes for blue card members. This would be more of a real benefit of DVC while in the parks and it would make selling DVC at higher point increments alot easier.

The best marketing campaign DVC could offer would be free Lightning Lane passes for blue card members. This would be more of a real benefit of DVC while in the parks and it would make selling DVC at higher point increments alot easier.
True, but when you do the math of what it is expected to cost, multiply that times a family of four, and that by seven days…. I think they realize they would be leaving too much money on the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter