DVC at Disneyland... Photo..

loribell said:
Here's some wishful thinking for you:

A nice new DVC at DL AND a combo annual pass that includes WDW & DL! That's what I need to get me away from the Florida parks. I love the California park but I just don't ever make it out there because I already have an AP for WDW.

Hey one can dream can't they!

Lori
Combo pass?? Great idea!!

loribell said:
A nice new DVC at DL AND a combo annual pass that includes WDW & DL! That's what I need to get me away from the Florida parks. I love the California park but I just don't ever make it out there because I already have an AP for WDW.
How about this idea:

DVC member card + a current DL Resort room key + valid WDW Annual Passport = DisneyLand/California Adventure pass

This access good for every day of your DL Resort stay. :sunny:

I'd go for a combo pass since I currently own 3 AP's for both DLR and WDW. DVC at DLR is meant to be. Combine with discounts and I'm adding points.......Don't wake me up.

I wonder if Disney would consider something truly radical ... like converting one of the buildings at the DL Hotel into DVC villas...or perhap turning the entire Paradise Pier into DVC villas...?

I've read that they don't really have room at the Grand Californian to expand like that (and I'm sure they'd be reluctant to give up valuable room space for that sort of renovation)..but what about the other hotels?

Seems to me one of the drawbacks of a DVC property in California is that you only have two parks, and no water parks; unlike WDW, people can just spend two or three days in Anaheim and feel they've "done" it. Since the offerings are so limited, people have more reasons to stray off Disney property to do other things -- and spend money at other places (gasp!). That's not as much an issue in Orlando, where you can arrive at the airport and head to WDW and stay there a week and never set foot off property -- which is EXACTLY what they want! :)

But: if and when Disney gets cracking on the long-rumored "third gate" in Anaheim, I wouldn't be surprised to see a DVC hotel as an integral part of the plan. They are clearly very happy with the timeshare concept, and the way it keeps drawing people back again and again. I'm sure the Disney folks would love to figure out a way to make it work in Anaheim!

Just back from Disneyland...

5 Carts, throughout the resort. Preview center at the DL Hotel. Talked with two of the employees, and the conversation with both of them centered around the fact that Californian's have more timeshares per capita than anywhere else in the US, so DVC wants to cash in on that. They are mostly promoting the Concierge Collection, and the response has been really positive. If interest is high, there is a hope of building a DVC resort near Disneyland, but the hard part will be finding property. If sales are good in California, a DVC resort won't be far behind.

MrShiny said:
I think some have mentioned the issue is California's laws, which don't allow a timeshare with an ending date like DVC. But those laws could always change.

This has come up before and I have seen others that say its not true. However, can I remember why? errrr no lol But, I do think its one of those DIS urban legends.

Even if they do not covert part of DLH to DVC units or build a DVC resort in CA, I think lowering points for DL properties would be great. The suites at the DLH are absolutely fantastic, spacious, newly renovsted, located on the upper floors with balconies with really nice views. They have a kitchenette, two bathrooms and the DLH is really a great location, IMO. The Neverland Pool is awesome too. Anyway, we are CA DVC owners and we spend a lot of points at DL and we would defiantely appreciate more perks out here. BTW, IMO, DLH is a better property (vaue wise and space wise) than GC, but many probably do not agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter