Drury Disney Springs vs Dolphin?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
I can't decide. Headed to Disneyworld with my 22 year old daughter in December! Planning on 2 park days, and 3 rest days (1 for shopping, 1 for resort hopping to see holiday decor and 1 flex day to do whatever, mini golf, water park? swim?) No car, relying on uber or shuttles. I definitely want to stay at a place that gets us into the park 30 minutes earlier and have 2 very full park days. I've narrowed it down:

Choice #1 Drury Disney Springs
Pros: new/clean so less allergy issues?, free breakfast, won't use the kick back benefit, decent pool/jacuzzi but nothing special, walking distance to Disney Springs which we plan to visit 1 day.
Cons: even though we can get in 30 minute early not sure if the shuttles will get us there that early? Not close to any parks to pop in and grab a jacket, etc.

Choice #2 Dolphin
Pros: location, could walk to Hollywood Studios or Epcot, close to skyliner, take a boat to the park, super nice pool.

Cons: About $70-$80 more a night, not going to use the extended evening benefit for our dates, rooms were old on our last visit, not sure if they have updated. food might be harder to get/more expensive in the Boardwalk area. Bad reviews.

Am I missing anything? Any thoughts on either of these?

Jenn

I’ve had great food at Swolphin and felt the rooms at Dolphin were in fine shape. Trip Advisor reviews are waaaaay too negative for this property. Are you even visiting EP/DHS though? If not Dolphin is a harder sell.

If you are I think Dolphin is an easier sell, the access by boat is such a time saver on a short trip, the pool area awesome and the food choices at Swolphin are very broad.

Thanks! 4 nights/5 days
My current plan is
+ Day 1 Visit Disney Springs, see the the Christmas trees
+Day 2 Hollywood Studios and then hop to MK
+ Day 3 Use Disney transport and hop around resorts, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, have a drink or 2 at the bars, eat, see the decorations, maybe do a scenic walk by the lake like Grand Floridian to MK but not go in?
+Day 4 MK/EP
+ Day 5 floater day, sleep in, Christmas mini golf? Disney Springs again? more resorts?

Unless I was planning on spending a lot of time in Disney Springs, I would choose Dolphin 10 out of 10 times. In full disclosure, I've stayed at Swan/Dolphin many times and never at the Drury. The amenities/restaurants at Dolphin are very nice and the location is about as good as it gets IMO. Good times ahead no matter which one you choose!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest