driving in to Orlando airport and using DME

Tammy O.

Earning My Ears
So we are planning a quick trip to Disney in March 2017. We are flying in to Clearwater to visit with my parents for a few days first. We plan on renting a car for a day to drive to Orlando. It is just my husband and I and will only have carry-on luggage. We were thinking that we could return the car at the airport and then catching DME. Is this possible? Is there an easier way? Thanks for any help or advice you may have.

So we are planning a quick trip to Disney in March 2017. We are flying in to Clearwater to visit with my parents for a few days first. We plan on renting a car for a day to drive to Orlando. It is just my husband and I and will only have carry-on luggage. We were thinking that we could return the car at the airport and then catching DME. Is this possible? Is there an easier way? Thanks for any help or advice you may have.
Yes- you are entitled to use DME to/from MCO regardless of how you arrive.

Yes there is an easier way. There are many of the rental agency by WDW where you could return the car. Many of them are by DS. You would have to take your luggage to your room before returning the car. You can not take luggage on a Disney bus and you would have to take the DS bus to your resort. Returning the car to the airport will take you a total of 2 hrs to do.

Maybe use the Car Care Center? You could return there and I think (I hope I am right) they would take you to your hotel from there..maybe at least..

But you do have to arrange to return it at the Car Care Center (or Swolphin, or a nearby agency if you aren't using National/Alamo). Can't just return it there on a whim. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter