• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Drive Or Uber

Scott2tune

Mouseketeer
I am heading "home" this Thursday for a solo trip back. The official website indicates the parking opens only 30 minutes before opening- but I also hope they will continue to open the park early (as early as 8am) and if so- I assume the parking will open earlier. And of course I will want to be parked by 7am to try and get a Rise pass. I had occasionally used Uber to get to Harbor guest-drop-off but I wanted to be sure they are not holding that access until 8am/8:30am? Already I have made this complicated for me! Will parking continue to be opened early? Thanks

I don't believe the parks opened early today. I wouldn't expect it going forward.

Since Rise of the Resistance opened, I have always gotten to gate faster going the Uber/Harbor route. In the before times, waiting for the parking structure to open could put you at risk of getting into Disneyland too late for Rise of the Resistance if you weren't near the front of the line. I read secondhand from this weekend that Harbor security was opening at 6AM, before the parking structure opened but somebody who was actually there and paying attention may have more accurate information.

On Sunday the parks opened at 8:45 (they allowed you into the esplanade around 8:20). On Monday they opened at 8:55. Don't count on them opening early.

Have the Uber/Lyft prices been higher than before? My sister and I paid hugely higher prices when we went to OC in April.

Edited to add: we didn't go to DLR. We went from SNA airport to Laguna Beach (and back), and from Laguna Beach to Newport.

I always feel like entering from Harbor is faster, and I've read several reports from the past week corroborating that.

We woke up at 6:30 and were able to get the 7am rise of the resistance using the app from home (in San Diego) we then made the 1 hour 30 min drive, parked in a residential area and took a $6 uber to the harbor entrance. (my husband is disabled and I did not think we could make the walk from mickey and friends) we were walking down main street at 9:10 and this was opening day 4/30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter