Drive from/to Rolling Hills?

TammyPB

Earning My Ears
Hello, We'll be staying in a Rolling Hills vacation home in a couple weeks. I know that Rolling Hills is pretty close to DW. How long is the drive really? We have a 1 year old, so we're hoping that we'll be able to leave DW for afternoon naps without too much hassle. Are there any tricks or tips to avoid traffic problems in that area? Also, is there any transportation to DW from the Rolling Hills area, like a bus?

Thanks in advance!

We will be staying in Rolling Hills in January too! Driving times really depend on times you drive because sometimes it is VERY busy, like after the parks close. Last year we stayed near the Rolling Hills area and two nights, it took us more than an hour and a half to get back to the hotel. This is normally a 15 minute drive but there was SO much traffic!(and construction!)

Generally:
it will take approx 10 minutes or less to get to World Drive...from there:
another 3-4 mins for Animal Kingdom (I would recommend taking the back road though from RH if you are going to AK)
another 4-5 mins for MGM Studios
another 5-6 mins for Epcot
another 8-9 mins for MK and then plan another 15 mins or so to get to MK Gates

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but I don't think public busses run to the parks and since Rolling Hills is a residential area, you won't find free Shuttle Busses. Having a car would be the best choice!

Have fun!:bounce:

Just a quick tip......Timon mentions the back road to AK. Here are the directions: come out of Rolling Hills heading towards Splendid China. Turn right at Funie Steed . At the first crossroads turn left. Go straight ahead at the traffic lights at the US 192 junction. This will take you into Disney near Animal Kingdom. Follow the signs to wherever you want to go :)
AK is 3-4 mins from Rolling Hills/Indian Creek area.
Universal and Sea World - allow 20-25 mins.

Does this back road apply to Indian Ridge Oaks? I know it's not far from Rolling Hills.

We have bought a brand new house located on Funie Steed Road, If anyone would like to stay here after April please let me know.
Thanks,
Elle

Robinrs...
Come out of IRO and turn left on Old Lake Wilson Rd (545) . Before you get to US 192 look out for Funie Steed on left. On Funie Steed go to first junction and turn right. Go straight over US 192 at traffic lights and you are on the back road.

Nobody asked but...there are a couple of wonderful restaurants in the mall at the corner of 192 and the road into rolling hills. There's a free standing Italian restaurant and a chinese place that's part of the mall. The grocery store is VERY expensive, I'd suggest the Publix about 2 miles down 192!

Giordano's is the Italian and A Taste of China is the chinese next to Goodings?Winn Dixie.
Incidentally there is another good restaurant - Carrabas in the same area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter