Dream headed to Barbados

SamFaniam

DIS Veteran
Dropping off more crewmembers? Or, perhaps picking them up in hopes of salvaging some of the summer season?

Dropping off more crewmembers? Or, perhaps picking them up in hopes of salvaging some of the summer season?
That'll put her "in the neighborhood" of the Wonder. The Dream is scheduled for Barbados on the 13th, and the Wonder is in Grenada on the 12th.

Doubtful any cruising will happen on DCL at least til after September, since they've pretty much cancelled cruises on the Magic and Wonder until at least then, I don't see them starting with the Dream or Fantasy earlier than the other two before.

Admittedly cruising is very much up in the air but I'm not sure I agree they won't start with the Dream or Fantasy. Although the classic ships are smaller (which I suppose might make disinfecting a bit simpler), the newer ships - particularly the Dream - run much simpler itineraries from Disney's home port. For the Dream, you really only have to account for Nassau (I'm sure it's been answered, but not sure if Castaway counts as the needed foreign port). The Magic and Wonder are out of play because their itineraries aren't currently manageable, not because of the ships themselves. I think the most likely ship to put back in service first is the Dream. But, I've been wrong plenty of times before...

Doubtful any cruising will happen on DCL at least til after September, since they've pretty much cancelled cruises on the Magic and Wonder until at least then, I don't see them starting with the Dream or Fantasy earlier than the other two before.
Why? Europe (the Magic) isn't open for business. Alaska (wonder) in closed for the season since Canada isn't allowing them to port. The Bahamas is opening in July. Why not use it as a trial run on those two ships?

Why? Europe (the Magic) isn't open for business. Alaska (wonder) in closed for the season since Canada isn't allowing them to port. The Bahamas is opening in July. Why not use it as a trial run on those two ships?
This is my thinking as well. As long as the CDC doesn't extend the no-sail order and the Bahamas moves forward with reopening, there's no governmental obstacles to running the cruises. All the cancellations we've seen so far have been due to government orders.

Doubtful any cruising will happen on DCL at least til after September, since they've pretty much cancelled cruises on the Magic and Wonder until at least then,

I was hopefully this meant the opposite. That they would just focus on their bread and butter 3/4 Bahamas out of PC. Not ideal but at least it’s something.

Castaway Cay is in the Bahamas, it would count.

That's what I thought. And I think it only strengthens the argument. Disney could run the Dream (or Fantasy) from Port Canaveral and never have to touch land they don't manage - simply remove Nassau from the itinerary, if needed, and add a day at sea. Again, as T & R said, perhaps not ideal, but it's a good way to get started and manage the risks.

That's what I thought. And I think it only strengthens the argument. Disney could run the Dream (or Fantasy) from Port Canaveral and never have to touch land they don't manage - simply remove Nassau from the itinerary, if needed, and add a day at sea. Again, as T & R said, perhaps not ideal, but it's a good way to get started and manage the risks.
Of course, the people who staff the activities/shops come in every day from the other islands to work. So, not a lot different than porting in another port.

If they are going to start it will be from PC and to the Bahamas as both are eager and ready to open. Plus the itineraries are shorter.

I had the thought that they are bringing the Wonder to FL to split some passengers off from the Dream/Fantasy and run those Bahamas cruises. I’m sure there’s a cost analysis that doesn’t make this make any practical sense, but who knows!
I also think it makes sense to run the Dream/Fantasy. If they limit passengers at some point, this gives more room to spread People out.

Ooooh, love this news. I really hope it is picking up crew to ready the ship for August cruises. Will wish upon a star tonight and hope it comes true (we're supposed to be on an August Dream cruise).

Would they really be picking up crew now given they still are either recommended or required to have crew in single occupancy cabins with a private bathroom?

It has to be to drop off crew, there's no reason to pick up any as the Wonder has no cruises until at least September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter