Dream Drydock 2024

Yikes to them adding way more concierge cabins with only expanding the sundeck. I don't feel like a lot of people hang out up there so that's not going to do much to help the lounge getting cramped.

When we sailed the Dream recently I asked about possible changes and heard the same thing about expanding the sundeck on one side. It didn't sound like they could do much else because the lounge is surrounded by cabins. No mention of them adding a hot food kitchen but who knows.
agree - the concierge lounge on dream and fantasy are barely able to fit the current number of concierge guests. I've seen a few times where folks have entered the lounge and have no place to sit. The family verandah rooms being converted to concierge rooms on Deck 10 are all midship - approximately 28 staterooms. At first glance it would appear they may need more lounge space somewhere for the additional concierge people. Where will 56 additional people fit in the existing space? (and that number only includes two people per cabin).

Where will 56 additional people fit in the existing space? (and that number only includes two people per cabin).
They won't, is the answer.

The tricky thing is, the number of people in the lounge varies a lot. During a few very specific times (waiting to go to the show, or right when happy hour opens) it's packed. Otherwise there usually aren't many people in there. So my guess is, they've decided people will just have to deal during the few times it's too crowded (and they can point to the expanded upstairs if people complain about no space).

They better not mess with Satellite Falls!

So I think we got a bit of a preview of what will happen on our cruise because the 'real' concierge sundeck was being worked on and was off limits for most of the cruise, so they blocked off a section of the adult deck for concierge use. It was off to one side (I think Starboard?). I think the immediate satellite falls area would be left alone, but there would be less overall open deck space for use down the one side of the ship. I have no sense of how busy that area gets since we never really spent time up there but the host I was talking to seemed to feel like that area of the deck was not well utilized currently.

Me too. My favorite restaurant on the Dream/Fantasy. But I am an oddball. I loved Parrot Cay as well which was generally disliked (it’s now Tiana’s).
Did you ever get to experience Carioca’s? Short-lived, replaced Parrot Cay on the Magic. I still long for “Cuban Salad – With Watercress, Avocado, Pineapple, Toasted Cuban Bread, and a Cider Vinegar Dressing.” (edit: it lasted from 2013-2018. I just didn’t cruise enough in the Magic then!)

The atmosphere was colorful, festive, but not gaudy. They had a good thing, but it was based on an old, not well-known set of characters. Maybe there was something culturally offensive?

While I am at it, here’s the menu for those who like to reminisce.

Appetizers

Peruvian Causa – Yellow, Blue, and White Potato with Cucumber and an Olive-Tomato Salsa and Huancaina Sauce

Deep Fried Lobster Croquetas – With a Banana-Lentil Salad and Creamed Horseradish

Empanadas Panzudas de Carne – Argentinean Beef Empanadas with Red Chimichurri

Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower – With Red Pepper Wasabi, Chopped Patacones, and Caviar

Soups & Salads

Sancocho de Pollo – Spiced Chicken and Vegetable Soup

Sopa de Frijoles Negros Habanera – Havana-style Black Bean Soup with Olive Oil

Cuban Salad – With Watercress, Avocado, Pineapple, Toasted Cuban Bread, and a Cider Vinegar Dressing

Tiger Shrimp Ceviche and Palmitos Salad – With Cucumber, Cilantro, and a Tomato Citrus Dressing

Bread Service

Warm Banana Bread – With a Mango-Mint Mojo (Mango, Mint, and Lime Juice blended until smooth)

Main Course

Lobster, Shrimp, and Mahi Mahi Skewers – On Peruvian Quinoa Salad served with Dried Mango, Pineapple, and Toasted Coconut Salsa

Grilled Rum-marinated Swordfish – With Black Bean Muneta, Roasted Corn, and Boniato Fries

Grilled Orange and Lemon-marinated Flank Steak – With an Onion, Lime Salsa and Black Bean Rice

Slow-roasted Pork Belly – With Crushed Sweet Potato, Creamy Grits, and Collard Greens

Jose Carioca’s – Skewered and Grilled Brazilian Sausage, Adobo Chili, Crusted Lamb, and Tenderloin with Mexican Tomato Rice, Jumbo Shrimp, Chimichurri, and a Lime-Garlic Orange Mojo

Vegetarian

Peruvian Causa – Yellow, Blue, and White Potato with Cucumber and an Olive-Tomato Salsa and Huancaina Sauce

Sopa de Frijoles Negros Habanera – Havana-style Black Bean Soup with Olive Oil

Fried Plantain and Malanga Pancakes – With Creme Fraiche and Farofa

Small Corn Tortillas – With Veracruzan Refried Bean Dip, Green Tomatillo-Chile, and Salvadorian Pupusa Relish

Lighter Note Offerings

Chicken Criollo Salad – Roasted Cilantro Marinated Chicken Breast with Papaya, Mango, Iceberg, Curly Endive, Goats Cheese, Red Malanga Chips, and a Sherry Vinegar Dressing

Grilled Grain-fed Sirloin Steak

Slow Roasted Breast of Chicken

Oven Baked Filet of Salmon

The above three entrees are served with Garden Vegetables and your choice of Steamed White Rice or Baked Potato.

Desserts

Sweet Temptations – A trio of Torta de Chocolate, Strwaberry Cheesecake, and De la Costa Cream Cheese Flan

Coconut Tres Leches “Three Milk” Cake – Moist Coconut Cake soaked in three Milks, served with a Light Coconut Cream

Suspiro Alimenea – Baked Lemon Cream, topped with Port Wine Meringue and sprinkled with Cinnamon

De la Costa Cream Cheese Flan – With Caramel Bananas and Pedro Ximenez Reduction

Carioca’s Ice Cream Sundae – Dulce de Leche Ice Cream, Caramelized Apples, and Churros

No Sugar Added Desserts

Strawberry Cheesecake – With Whipped Cream and Fruit Coulis

Torta de Chocolate “Chocolate Cake” – Layered Cake with Apricot Puree

This sounds terrible. I don't sail concierge but my inlaws always do. Even my mother n law said she wishes
they leave the new changes for the new ships and leave the "Fab Four" alone. Lol that is what she calls
the Wonder Magic Dream and Fantasy.

agree - the concierge lounge on dream and fantasy are barely able to fit the current number of concierge guests. I've seen a few times where folks have entered the lounge and have no place to sit.

The family verandah rooms being converted to concierge rooms on Deck 10 are all midship - approximately 28 staterooms.

At first glance it would appear they may need more lounge space somewhere for the additional concierge people. Where will 56 additional people fit in the existing space? (and that number only includes two people per cabin).

On this map of the Dream on deck 12, there appears (??) to be space to expand the Concierge Lounge on deck 12:
https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Disney-Dream-548/deck12-143

This map says that this space is for "additional treatment rooms" for the spa, but I don't remember seeing this space on deck 12 (adjacent to the lounge).

Did you ever get to experience Carioca’s? Short-lived, replaced Parrot Cay on the Magic. I still long for “Cuban Salad – With Watercress, Avocado, Pineapple, Toasted Cuban Bread, and a Cider Vinegar Dressing.” (edit: it lasted from 2013-2018. I just didn’t cruise enough in the Magic then!)
Yes, my one cruise on the Magic was in 2015! I thought it was a beautiful design and really lovely. Don’t remember the menu very much, but I remember that one night there our servers had fun making napkin hats for us. My sister still uses that picture of me on her phone for my profile! 🤣

While I do like the idea of being able to book a concierge room in the middle of the ship (some members of my family don’t do great at the very front in rough seas), I am extremely disappointed to hear that the concierge area is going to take over some of the adult only outdoor spaces. Even if I can use it as a concierge space, it will probably be less quiet with families around. One of the reasons I recommend Disney to my friends (and specifically that class of ships) is because there are so many adult only spaces that are calm and not too crowded. It’s probably true that the area is “underused” except on nice days at sea (when it can be a scramble to find a chair)— but it’s going to put much more pressure on the other adult areas, especially for people who want to be away from the pool and bar.

I will be sad to see enchanted garden go, but I do think it’s nice to have one restaurant with some Disney entertainment — but it doesn’t need to be all meal long the way the shows are on the Wish. I feel like the Tiana/Rapunzel restaurants are a pretty good balance of some live music and moments of interaction, but not so distracting you can’t enjoy your meal and conversation if you choose to sit away from the stage.

On this map of the Dream on deck 12, there appears (??) to be space to expand the Concierge Lounge on deck 12:
https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans/Disney-Dream-548/deck12-143

This map says that this space is for "additional treatment rooms" for the spa, but I don't remember seeing this space on deck 12 (adjacent to the lounge).

That is interesting - you are probably right - and I don't remember ever seeing that space on Deck 12 either!
I'm pretty sure you access those treatment rooms from a staircase in the spa. I think I remember going upstairs when I was there for a massage.

I'm pretty sure you access those treatment rooms from a staircase in the spa. I think I remember going upstairs when I was there for a massage.
yes thse spa rooms are accessed from staircase in the spa, there is a door that can be accessed from the spa when leaving the spa to get to the hallway by concierge rooms on deck 12. They do not like customers to use it, but its there.

I just booked Dream concierge for end of Feb 2025. I am excited to hear about any expansion. The Wish concierge looks unbelievable. I was just viewing a video of the sundeck, it needs sun and an oceanview.
I think they will probably expand the lounge into the spa rooms.

I have not done concierge in 10 years, so excited for change. I always like the upgrades DCL does.
🚢 😎 :smickey:

We had this room on the Magic too! It was SO nice!
I honestly think it's the best one bedroom concierge suite DCL has! We've stayed in one bedroom suites on the Dream and the Wonder, and we are booked for a one bedroom suite on the Fantasy next year. Although I like the wood details in the suites on the Dream class ships, this new color palate felt so refreshing, clean and bright. The layout of the room was perfect! The Magic wasn't my favorite ship, but I'd pick this same room again on a Mediterranean or Alaskan cruise. Fingers crossed they will update the other ships with similar décor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter