• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Downtown Disney Starbucks, no mobile ordering?

geminimagk

Mouseketeer
I was disappointed that there was no option to mobile order at DD Sbux this morning while walking to the park! Is this a new thing?

It could have been a staffing issue. I am in the Midwest and here a number of Starbucks that normally have mobile order are having days were it is not available due to low staff. My closest Starbucks hasn't had mobile order in over a month.

I was disappointed that there was no option to mobile order at DD Sbux this morning while walking to the park! Is this a new thing?
It’s been off and on. Was on maybe a month ago. It must be due to staffing.
They are opening at 7am though.

Pretty sure it's staffing issue, with the opening rush from hotels and parking I could see the mobile order really get backed up unless they have A LOT of employees working. They would need to have a return time system to break up crowds (I know the app tells you an est. wait time, but doubtful anyone follows that.)

Other side note; I find it funny that guests will wait nearly an hour for Starbucks inside the park. I've seen the line go outside the store, down Main St, even with a switch back at park opening. Of course people can do whatever they want- I'm just surprised how they'd take so much time out of their 'Disney day' for Starbucks which isn't unique to Disney.

I love Starbucks too but almost never go inside the park due to the wait. :)

Last edited:

I’ve heard that it just gets too busy, and they can’t keep up first thing. But the lines in store move quickly.

On the waiting for Starbucks inside the park vs Downtown Disney, one of the reasons I may opt for in-park despite a longer line has to do with the Magic Key discount as the in-park locations apply it on food/drinks and the Downtown Disney ones don't.
However, an hour+ wait is long past my limit.

Since we’re on the subject, can anyone offer their thoughts of which of the two Downtown Disney Starbucks locations is the less busy of the two?

Since we’re on the subject, can anyone offer their thoughts of which of the two Downtown Disney Starbucks locations is the less busy of the two?
From what I've seen it can be hit or miss.... the one near World of Disney is much larger, so they can get drinks out quick, however the one near Lego store is smaller and might not be as busy (although it's closer to Disneyland Hotel). Honestly it seems to work out about the same. Whichever one you're walking by first you can take a peek at the line, and if too crazy go to next one. At least with the one near WoD even if it looks like a lot of guests they seem to complete orders fast due to more space.

This might not be true for everyone- but it seems like Starbucks in the parks are a lot slower. Last time I went to Main St location it took forever and the CM's would be yelling out guest names over and over which no one could understand due to masks, plexiglass, and store noise. :grouphug:

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. We’ll just eyeball the crowds at the two stores as we go and play it by ear. Much appreciated.

I *think* they don't start mobile orders til 8am. In the past, the first hour we have ordered inside the store because the mobile ordering didn't start til later.

Just FYI that I believe you have to order from the Starbucks app. We were there and I thought maybe you could MO through the Disneyland app since it was in Downtown but there wasn't an option. There were like 5 people (staff) standing around in the mobile order area while all of us schmucks stood in line, haha. I wish I'd thought to download the Starbucks app before we left! So also keep checking - they were definitely doing MO when we were there last week!

Starbucks, Jolly Holiday, Red Rose Tavern (reg coffee), and Ronto Roasters in DL. In DCA, Starbucks, Pyms Kitchen and the Coffee Cart.
The Starbucks in DL is called Market House, the one in DCA is Fiddler, Fifer and Practical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter