Downtown Disney question...

happymomof5

Earning My Ears
Hi! We fly in on Sunday, fairly early...11 am, and will have to leave our luggage with the hotel until we can check-in, they say on their web site not until 4pm. We won't have a car that day either. Also, we are not going to DL until Monday. SOooooo, we have an entire afternoon to use up, without really anything to do! Can we go to Downtown Disney if we aren't paying to get into the parks that day, or is there something else really close that would be good to do that afternoon? I suppose we could do a cab if we needed too. I just know that all the kids are going to be exhausted from getting up before 4am to get on the plane, so I don't want to plan anything big or too special...just a time filler. Thought Downtown Disney might be good??? Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Entry into DTD is free. If everyone is tired, you can always go see a movie in the AMC theater there. And you can get some early souviner shopping done in the World of Disney Store. Plus there's lots of food choices and many interesting shops.

Thanks a million for the info! I didn't know that there was a movie theater there too! That is just perfect! That's what we'll do!

Not sure the age of your kids, but be warned there is a Build a Bear factory that they may want to do. My son bugs me every time we walk through Downtown Disney.

Also, one of our favorite hide aways is to just relax in front of the HUGE fireplace in the Grand Californian. Its amazing, plus you'll want to check out the place. Its so beautiful.

We are doing the same thing: flying in Sunday morning but not going into the parks till Monday. We plan on looking at the other Disney hotels, maybe using the pool, and walking around DTD. I don't think we will have any trouble filling the day up.

-Matthew

If you've got girls, there is a Club Libby Lu at Downtown Disney that offers pre-teen "makeovers" that seem to be very popular. The Rainforest Cafe seems to be a favorite with the younger set, or you could consider having a character meal at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel. The movie suggestion is also a good one. All these things are a close walk from each other. Have fun! You'll have no problem filling up the afternoon without heading into the parks.

Another vote for DTD.

We didn't look at DTD until our final night, and then only had an hour or two.

We barely scratched the surface and would have liked a lot more time to properly check out the shops and restaurants. You'll easily fill the afternoon there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter