Does anyone think Lookout Cay looks disappointing?

Reported on La Lido Loca some cruise lines are NOW charging an extra fee to visit their private island.
We love DCL because so much is inclusive. We rarely spend anything beyond morning coffee.
Was he talking about the excursion destination that Royal Caribbean is building in Nassau? The thin little peninsula you see near the Atlantis Resort when sailing in/ docked.

Because that does have an additional cost - and a limited number of guests per day.
And several of the private beaches / islands already have extra-fee areas, sort of Concierge at the Beach, but available for any level cabin to book. One of them recently opened a new area.

Because not everyone wants an all-inclusive resort.

Let me know the difference between going to a Disney island and pretty much any other nice resort in the Caribbean where those resorts come up short?

Been on beaches like Baby Beach in Aruba that is amazing for kids as an example or on other adult only Sandals beaches at Royal Plantation.

Its why I am always shocked that people put Castaway as supposedly the main choice of itineraries. If its your main reason then there are better options out there.

Also you use "all-inclusive" as some broad term. I didn't just state All-Inclusive but gave a specific example of one of the many top end resort options that beat Disney in every category except the Disney theme.

Let me know the difference between going to a Disney island and pretty much any other nice resort in the Caribbean where those resorts come up short?

Been on beaches like Baby Beach in Aruba that is amazing for kids as an example or on other adult only Sandals beaches at Royal Plantation.

Its why I am always shocked that people put Castaway as supposedly the main choice of itineraries. If its your main reason then there are better options out there.

Also you use "all-inclusive" as some broad term. I didn't just state All-Inclusive but gave a specific example of one of the many top end resort options that beat Disney in every category except the Disney theme.

Air travel to FL v farther island.

A feeling of safety and familiarity.

Whether reasonable or not, these are some of the issues.

I don't just like Castaway. I like the opportunity to see various places. I don't have kids, so an AI with kids is not my jam. I'm solo, so adult-only AIs are not my jam.

You clearly like AIs. I don't. Not everyone likes the same things. And that's ok.

Tons of posts are coming from ChatGPT these days. It’s not an accusation; people are using it for everything, and that’s fine, but the weird phrasing makes it hard to wade through after awhile. 🤷‍♀️

Read the OP and then scroll down and read the first comment by OP and notice the grammatical changes…
Unfortunately a lot of posts these days that say something controversial looks like they are AI-generated. Not sure this was also something done in the past (by hand), but it sures make the forum less fun to read to me. (This is 100% non AI-generated post)

Tons of posts are coming from ChatGPT these days. It’s not an accusation; people are using it for everything, and that’s fine, but the weird phrasing makes it hard to wade through after awhile. 🤷‍♀️

Read the OP and then scroll down and read the first comment by OP and notice the grammatical changes…

🤔 @CampbellzSoup - were you playing with AI to generate your post? Or did you step up your writing skills to make a presentation, as an initial post in a thread?

@Bruno33 was paying attention. I am long-winded, but often more rambling than AI could generate.

I think it looks super boring, but I also find Castaway boring, but right now I would take Castaway over LIghthouse. We did Cococay last year and whole family loved it. More food options, more to do, a pool, really nice kids splash pad. We did not do the waterpark.

Lighthouse disappoints me the most that the food is just another BBQ, was hoping for more choices and places to eat like cocokey.

I like the cruise experience and I am someone who likes short vacations. This becomes a problem with cruising. We like DCL. It seems many cruise lines have tiers, which doesn't seem as apparent on DCL. So for me, using DCL, for 4 days cruises I seem to get Nassau and CC. So I am into CC and LI. It works for me. I get to walk around for a bit and return to comfort.

We are going on the Magic in July to visit both CC and LC. From measuring Google maps, on CC from the ship to tram pick up is less than a 1/3 of a mile. From the ship to the first family beach, it is about a 1/2 a mile. For LC, from the ship it measure s 1/2 mile to the first tram stop and about 1.3 miles to the tram stop for family and adult beaches.
It doesn’t seem likely that many people will be able to walk from the ship to the family and adult beaches which means there is going to be wait ing for trams. There is Mabrika Cove near the tram pickup which has cabanas but doesn’t indicate if it is exclusively for those renting cabanas or will the have chairs out on the beach. Although there is no eating area in Mabrika Cove.
still looking forward to seeing LC, but looks like Mabrika Cove should be the adult area

I just did a quick 4 night Royal Caribbean again and had an absolute blast I miss Mickey not taking photos but the amount of stuff for my son to do was awesome and also for adults it’s that beautiful mix. All I was trying to say for their newest island I thought they would be setting the standard for what Disney can do and what to expect!

I found nothing at Cococay to be run down and dirty it was on Disney level of clean and themeing. Also the water park the paid feature was totally separate from the beach and pool experience.

We are going on the Magic in July to visit both CC and LC. From measuring Google maps, on CC from the ship to tram pick up is less than a 1/3 of a mile. From the ship to the first family beach, it is about a 1/2 a mile. For LC, from the ship it measure s 1/2 mile to the first tram stop and about 1.3 miles to the tram stop for family and adult beaches.
It doesn’t seem likely that many people will be able to walk from the ship to the family and adult beaches which means there is going to be wait ing for trams. There is Mabrika Cove near the tram pickup which has cabanas but doesn’t indicate if it is exclusively for those renting cabanas or will the have chairs out on the beach. Although there is no eating area in Mabrika Cove.
still looking forward to seeing LC, but looks like Mabrika Cove should be the adult area
On the published map it looks like there are two unlabeled buildings on Mabrika Cove. I assume those will be restrooms and eating for the guests of Mabrika Cove. My assumption is that Mabrika Cove and the amenities there will be just for the people who rented a Mabrika Cove cabana.

I don't believe that part of the island will be ready for the preview cruise. There is no option to rent a Mabrika Cove cabana for my preview cruise.

On the published map it looks like there are two unlabeled buildings on Mabrika Cove. I assume those will be restrooms and eating for the guests of Mabrika Cove. My assumption is that Mabrika Cove and the amenities there will be just for the people who rented a Mabrika Cove cabana.

I don't believe that part of the island will be ready for the preview cruise. There is no option to rent a Mabrika Cove cabana for my preview cruise.
What do you think the chances are that after Mabrika Cove is compleated Disney moves the adult area there?

I saw those buildings also at Mabrika Cove and i think you may be right about their usage. Interested to get your thoughts after you r cruise

What do you think the chances are that after Mabrika Cove is compleated Disney moves the adult area there?
I think zero.

There is very little separation between the Coco Beach Club and South Beach at Coco Cay. Not unlike what it looks like Disney has done for Serenity Bay and the Family Beach.

It is confusing that my planner offers up Serenity Bay cabanas A-F and Family Beach Cabana 4-16 but I don't see any indications of the Family Beach cabana on the map. Are the Mabrika Cova cabana the same as the Family Beach cabana?

We just got home from our first Royal Caribbean cruise... we didn't like it as well as Disney ASIDE from their island. 2 great kids areas with splash pads, a massive pool... disappointed the new island won't have the same.

There is no option to rent a Mabrika Cove cabana for my preview cruise.
For our July cruise, it does not say Mabrika Cove, just family cabana.

There is very little separation between the Coco Beach Club and South Beach at Coco Cay. Not unlike what it looks like Disney has done for Serenity Bay and the Family Beach.

It is confusing that my planner offers up Serenity Bay cabanas A-F and Family Beach Cabana 4-16 but I don't see any indications of the Family Beach cabana on the map. Are the Mabrika Cova cabana the same as the Family Beach cabana?

The original map shows South Beach Cabanas and Future Cabana Expansion over by the East Family Beach. The new map does not show an East Beach, just a family beach. Mabrika Cove is the same location as the original South Beach Cabanas. But, of course, this map did not show an adult beach. We now know it is where North Beach is on the original map.

1715629379331.png

I just did a quick 4 night Royal Caribbean again and had an absolute blast I miss Mickey not taking photos but the amount of stuff for my son to do was awesome and also for adults it’s that beautiful mix. All I was trying to say for their newest island I thought they would be setting the standard for what Disney can do and what to expect!

I found nothing at Cococay to be run down and dirty it was on Disney level of clean and themeing. Also the water park the paid feature was totally separate from the beach and pool experience.
“All I was trying to say for their newest island I thought they would be setting the standard for what Disney can do and what to expect!”

Maybe they are and have. There’s a lot less maintenance required without the extra features, too.

For our July cruise, it does not say Mabrika Cove, just family cabana.

So it sounds like the Mabrika Cove Cabanas are the Family Beach Cabanas and there are no cabanas on the beach labeled Family Beach yet in the cruise planner there are Cabanas labeled Family Beach but none labeled Mabrika Cove.

Confusing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter