do your kids believe in santa ..?

My kids are ancient, but this always reminds me of when my son (maybe 7-8?) asked me if Santa was real.

DS: Mom, is Santa real?
Me: Well, Tim, what do you think?
DS: He has to be real. You'd never spend that much money on us! 🤣

Still irks me a bit that Santa got all of the credit.

My kids are ancient, but this always reminds me of when my son (maybe 7-8?) asked me if Santa was real.

haha

I think a little magic is good for everyone. Our kids still believe in Santa and they are 17-24.

Our kids only got one gift from Santa plus their stockings. Was easier for them to make sense of any disparity with their peers (we lived in an extremely poor, rural area), but it was also a nice bonus that we got to take credit since they knew the majority of the gifts came from us.

Mine said the elf and Santa had to be real bc there was no way I’d get up and move him and do all that stuff in the middle of the night🤣🤣

I never told my children that Santa was real. I knew they would ask me many similar questions in their lives, and I wanted them to trust me to always tell them the truth.

Well he’s almost 21 so I’m sure he doesn’t. However, we never discussed whether he was real or not so I guess I just don’t know.

Unfortunately they do not believe in Santa, but then again they are in their 30's so I guess it might be a little too much to hope for.

We still do Elf on the Shelf and Santa gifts, but they are teens. I told them if they believe, Santa will bring gifts. We all take turns hiding the Elf. I still buy special paper for "Santa" gifts. It's just fun. They still get Easter baskets, too.

We never promoted the idea of a living Santa Claus actually delivering gifts; for our kids it was just a fun fairy tale. We did have to coach them not to tell peers the truth, however, which was a PITA. (Also, our eldest is on the spectrum, and he really was not happy with the idea of some stranger sneaking into our house in the dead of night, regardless of why.)

My father loved being able to spoil his kids with something special on Xmas, and he worked overtime to do it; he always said he worked too hard to be willing to give the credit to "some da**** oversized elf!"

My MIL *insisted* on pushing the Santa myth, to the point that she only gave gifts from "Santa" to her grown sons on Xmas (oddly, gifts signed with her own name were fine for her DILs.) My kids just shook their heads at her antics. When DH was little, ALL of their gifts supposedly came from Santa, and the family members did not give gifts to one another. I wasn't about to let that bizarre tradition continue; if Christmas is supposed to be about human generosity, kids need to see adults putting out effort to do nice things for others, not just sit back & wait for goodies to magically fall from the heavens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter