Do your family and/or friends know you have a Disboarders account?

Yes they know . My husband will ask me at times if I heard about this or that on the cruise board…lol

Actually he is the one that got me addicted to the boards when we were planning our first trip to WDW.

I would not have found the community board if we didn’t get moved here from a trip report.

Yes and no. They know, and have known for 20+ years. HOWEVER, my kids call it "Dave's Disney Page" because I used to frequent "Dave's DCL Tribute Page" which had a link to the DIS. And for several years, I thought the DIS was part of Dave's page, not a link to an outside page.
And my family in Canada know about it because I ask questions of them about Canada and THEIR answers often rile up people here........as they refer to them....."My Mickey Mouse Canadian Friends"

Yes. I call it a Disney message board and they'd have to go looking for it though. Then they'd have to read enough to find posts that they would recognize as being mine. I don't think anyone I've mentioned it has any interest in searching for it. If anyone ever "finds me" it'd probably be random. Someone could easily recognize a story and then read enough of my posts to confirm it.

I am not sure if anyone else knows it by name. They know I look at and share information from Disney related sites. I believe I have mentioned the name before though.

Yes, some know. Some I will mention I read/belong to one or two Disney related message board but it's not Disney exclusive.

My son is not on the boards but has listened to the podcast a few years.

DH should know. I go to Disney with him and will occasionally mention something I’ve read. Don’t go with my extended family so don’t really talk about it with them as they aren’t fans. We are all pretty outspoken and opinionated so it’s just easier to avoid the topic.

No. I just call it the Disney discussion boards so they don't know the specifics nor care to. They'd be able to find by id if they wanted to though.

My husband, daughter, and sisters all know I post here. Also a few IRL friends who'll ask me to ask questions on the DISboards (see recent post about massage guns in the carryon). I also have a very close friend who I MET here!

My DH and kids know, but I just refer to it as a Disney message board. At one point my profile pic was of two of my daughters in Mickey ears, and another of my daughters saw it when I was showing her something on here and she complained that she wasnt in the pic I had on here lol (everything’s a competition with siblings). So every time I bring the boards up with the kids now they ask who’s in my pic lol.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest