• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you stay at the same resort?

For years we only stayed at Fort Wilderness is our trailer. Now we've also added CBR and All Star Musi to the mix. Our next trip we are staying at the Poly. I don't know if we'll stay at the All Stars again unless we get a super good deal. I'd love to go back to CBR and would absolutely stay at the Fort again but it's exhausting to tow our trailer down from Ohio.

We are a mix it up family, with leanings towards the deluxes. We tend to do split stays. We are a family of 5 with our 2 year old turning 3 very soon. That limits where we can stay.

So far, we have stayed at or are have upcoming reservations at:

AKL-Club Level Savannah room and one night another time. I love this resort. Savannah view did not really pay off for us at Christmas time, as we rarely saw anything. I would stay again, club level or regular. Great quick service. We loved mobile ordering and eating in our room. Gorgeous hotel and grounds. Has my favorite hotel gift shop. Poly has my 2nd.

All Star Movies- This is upcoming just for our arrival night and I didn't want to pay through the nose arriving on a Friday night for a deluxe. We did this one other time for an arrival split stay.

Art of Animation- My kids were really into the little mermaid, so we did a split stay. The resort was cute, but the beds were hard.

Beach Club-I liked the pool. The resort theming did nothing for us. We liked being able to pop over easily to Epcot for ice cream/snacks. Their food options are lacking (I get that Epcot is near by, but I like having more options in the hotel).

Boardwalk (upcoming)- Staying Club Level. It was a debate between here or BC. BW won out because of the reviews I read about the CL food.Looking forward to walking to 2 parks.

Fort Wilderness Cabin (upcoming-may change based on what discounts are released for deluxes)

Poly- I stayed here for a few nights with my husband for my birthday and we have done a one or two night stay with our kids. I am surprising the family with a split stay with Poly and BW. The surprise part is the split stay with Poly. I did let my oldest daugthter know about the Poly part, because she enjoys being part of the planning process. We really like this resort and the location, but I do think it really needs to be refurbished as it is showing its age and never seems to have great discounts.

Pop- We did a very short trip here years back. Not a huge fan. Too big and not great beds.

Port Orleans Riverside- I like this resort. I love it being on the water. It is lovely to walk around the water at night. I have done this resort with a friend and with my family. We have done the rooms with the firework headboard and the rooms without. The headboard rooms are a once and done (cute, but my kids didn't really seem to care much about it, so why pay the up-charge).

Riviera (upcoming)- I am excited for this one!

Wilderness Lodge- 1 bedroom dvc rental at Christmas. Loved it. Had a terrible dining experience at Whispering Canyon, which taints it a bit. Also, found the quick service options boring (They were fabulous at AKL). But loved our room and the decor at Christmas!

My husband has no interest in staying at GF, as it really isn't comfortable feeling for us (not our vibe).

We haven’t stayed at the same resort yet. Over the years we’ve stayed at:
GF, AKL, YC, Pop, POFQ, CBR, SSR, CSR and off-site thru VRBO three times. Most recently we stayed at YC and loved it. Due to being a family of 4 Disney “adults” and 1 child, we will most likely head back to YC, or two rooms at CSR (my favorite moderate) or off-site.

Then again I’ve always wanted to stay at the Contemporary.....

We’re a mix it up family, though we have some repeats. I also enjoy adding a short stay at one resort at the start of the trip before moving to another for a longer stay.

We’ve stayed at CBR, POR (twice, once in a RR), BC, BCV, YC, Poly (twice), GF, and Pop.

We’re returning this year with another Poly stay (studio this time) and am debating adding a few nights at CBR to experience the skyliner or AKL to experience a new resort.

I'm a creature of habit (and the only person in my family that does all the WDW booking), so yes, we usually stay at the same resort, in the same building, 2nd or 3rd floor. Preferably the same view.
I've tried other Disney resorts but at least once a year I'd like to go to "my" resort. I avoid split-stay. If the hotel can't accommodate all of my days then I don't go there at all.

We are a one resort family. I tried one time to book a different resort and my kids were not okay with it lol. Our first trip was suppose to be the ‘one and done dream trip’ and we stayed at the GF. Now we are going on our 4th trip and have to stay at the GF... because of the staircase in the lobby :rotfl:
My DD’s absolutely LOVE walking up and down that staircase daily doing their best princess walk.

Do you have a fave resort that you return to on every trip? Or do you mix it up? We are a "mix it up" family. We do have our hands down fave resorts (BC, SSTHV) and we have our never again places (POP). We aren't DVC owners (maybe one day...)
First trip was Movies, then Music, then CBR. Trip 4 was POFQ because it was the cheapest of the mods. Fell in love. That's my "home" now.

Cabins twice when it's a larger group. Love those. Tried POP for a budget trip and love that one! So I started mixing it up but have now settled with POFQ.

We’re DVC members but go more often than our points cover, lol.
We’ve stayed at many resorts over the years:
Saratoga Springs-many times
Old Key West-several times
Port Orleans- Riverside and French Quarter
Caribbean Beach-several times
Pop-several times
All three All Star Resorts-several times

Coronado Springs
AKL Villas- Jambo and Kidani
Poly DVC
Wilderness Lodge
Boulder Ridge villas at Wilderness Lodge
Bay Lake Tower
Beach Club Villas
Boardwalk Villas
Yacht Club

My wife and I are in California, so when we go to Orlando, it’s usually for 2 weeks and we always do a split stay. I really enjoy Boardwalk for the proximity to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios and we generally stay there. I really like how quiet Old Key West is. Wilderness Lodge is awesome and I love Bay Lake Tower too!

Same resort but depending on time of year

Jan - April - AKL
May - sep - Beach club (for swimming)
oct -dec - WL

Have stayed at every resort on property except YC, OKW and FW. Now own DVC at BLT and VGF. Our favorite is VGF but we also love BC and BWV as well.The great thing is that there is something for everyone!!

With so many resorts I haven't stayed at yet, it's hard to choose a favorite until I've tried at least a majority of them.
Like, I thought I would love Boardwalk, but the only thing I loved was the view.
I thought Port Orleans French Quarter would be okay, and ended up loving it.
For now, we're giving as many resorts a try as we can and can afford.

We have mixed it up over the years but POFQ is our favorite resort that we always go back to. This year we are staying at Pop and I am going to miss POFQ so much. If I could afford Beach Club, we'd go back there every single trip. We stayed there in 2016 and 2017 and fell in love with the resort.

We've only been twice, each time for 14 nights. We did a split stay the first time with CSR and POFQ but the second time we just stayed in CSR because we really loved it. We still do, but next time we're definitely going to stay somewhere else. Not because we love it any less! Just have so much more to experience.

We mix it up among the monorail resorts, staying multiple times at each, plus we have stayed once at WL. Only once because everyone wanted to go back to the monorail.

We stayed at AOA cars suite with 5 adults. We had a great location, right by the main building. We liked it, but with all the beds deployed, it got tight! although we also stayed at a POLY suite, AOA (IMO) had more room plus 2 full bathrooms.

I love staying at different resorts to add variety to my vacations. It keeps everything feeling fresh and new. I have stayed at GF, Contemporary, WL, AKL, YC, SSR, POR, POFQ, CBR (several times), and AoA as well as off site... and the Grand Californian in Disneyland if we are counting that too :) I am returning to AKL for the first time in 17 years this April, now with 2 kids, and I am super excited. To be honest, I've loved every trip and I enjoy all levels of resorts. When my husband comes with us we usually stay deluxe because the on site dining is important to him. If I travel with my sister and the kids, we don't do signature dining so something like AoA is fine. Theming is something Disney does so well so I definitely like to move around to experience it all. I would happily return to any resort I've previously stayed at, and I am also looking forward to trying the ones I haven't someday, like the Polynesian.

We like to mix it up. We've stayed at all of the mods, most of the values and four of the deluxes. I like to do split stays so we can try two new resorts in one stay. Our favorite so far is the Contemporary, with Yacht Club coming in a close second.

We've had our favourites that we rotated through but last year we decided to get annual passes and go several times. Our plan was to try all of the other Deluxe resorts we hadn't tried before to see if our favourites would remain as such. In the end, we decided to leave off the Poly. We walked through it several times but weren't really feeling it. Maybe I'm comparing it to Aulani but we just didn't like the layout which seemed disorganized and chopped up, it had a real 70's motel vibe, and we felt the pool was too small and shallow. We stayed at CR which has a great location but we didn't like the room layout especially the bathroom, the lobby was insanely noisy which you can hear when standing close to your door, the elevators were horribly slow (and if I heard "11th floor!" by Mickey or Goofy one more time, I was gonna smash the speaker). The pool has no shade at all so we were unable to use it until twilight because it was just too hot and I didn't want to fry. So we've not added that to our list of favourites. We liked YC but prefer BC - lighter colours, slightly closer to Epcot. It's not totally off the list but it's down low.

In short - we will continue to rotate through our new list of favourites. Which ones we stay at will be driven partly by our plans for a specific trip (e.g., MVMCP/MNSSHP tickets, after hours party, F&G, F&W, etc.) that will be most convenient or where we plan to spend most of our time. Hotter months will have high priority on pool and ease of returning to our room during the day.

We leave tomorrow for our 7th trip. We've only stayed at the same place twice. We repeated at POR, but would have stayed at another on that trip, not because we didn't like POR, but we wanted a new experience.
We bought into DVC last trip, so we'll be going fairly regularly in the future. We hope to hit all the dvc resorts. They each have a lot to offer. Certain resorts make sense for certain trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter