Do you have a rock?

Marchand63

DIS Veteran
Ok admitting I am 3 G&Ts in :rotfl2:

But this has been a week. If you saw my previous post my DM passed, she was 92, so it is hard but no sorrow. Moments.

I knew I have support but gotta say my DH has really stepped up in a way I never expected. He has done everything I couldn't do. He has better than my siblings, who basically left it to me as usual.

It really is nice to know that you picked the right person to partner with.

I'm so sorry about your mom.

I'm glad your husband is there for you, he sounds like a wonderful man! I wouldn't know what that is like, as my husband was not a wonderful man. My rock is my grandma. She raised me and my cousins and she is helping me raise my kids now that I am a single mom. She has had a hand in raising four generations of our family (I'm counting her own siblings as the first generation she helped raise, after their father died) and is the strongest, most loving, selfless, and most stubborn person I know. Just an all around "great lady", to quote Gone With The Wind.

I'm so sorry about your mom.

I'm glad your husband is there for you, he sounds like a wonderful man! I wouldn't know what that is like, as my husband was not a wonderful man. My rock is my grandma. She raised me and my cousins and she is helping me raise my kids now that I am a single mom. She has had a hand in raising four generations of our family (I'm counting her own siblings as the first generation she helped raise, after their father died) and is the strongest, most loving, selfless, and most stubborn person I know. Just an all around "great lady", to quote Gone With The Wind.

Heck if it is her , awesome!!!!

Sorry about the loss of your mum. My DH is my rock too. He too steps up when I have a hard time. In turn I am his, when stuff happens to him or his family.

I’m sorry about the passing of your Mom. My DH is my rock too. He helped me four years ago when my mom died and I can always count on him to be there whenever I have tough days. I’m glad you have a good “rock” to be there for you.

I’m sending you hugs and prayers your way. :flower3:

Very sorry for your loss, my Mom passed away in July. It’s hard, I know.

I have 3 rocks. DH, our son and daughter.

My husband has always been mine, but he was amazing when my dad died. He knew exactly when I needed a hug, or when I needed him to just take the kids out of the house for a while. His cousin and his cousin's wife were also there for me more than my own family, and she was battling breast cancer at the time! It's good to have people who are genuinely in your corner when you need them most.

Very sorry to hear about your loss, OP.

DW is my rock, without a doubt. Outside of her and the kids, I have no other family, so she is it. With a personality like mine, because I can be as stubborn and hard headed as a rock (see what I did there.. :D ) she has to be granite. She's a very strong person...her mother passed away at the age of around 42 or 43, when DW was only 15, so she's learned to be strong.

My husband is, however when he had a brain bleed this past September and things were touch and go and then battling with rehabs etc, my brother and sister in law were my rocks. Wouldn’t have kept my sanity without them.

I'm sorry for your loss. Both our parents are in crises right now and we are trying to be each other's rock. Dh is definitely mine. He sits and talks to my dad explaining over and over who he is and where he grew up etc. He's patient when I can't' be anymore.

I don' know what I'd do without my siblings spouses. Rocks are important! My sister just got married last year and her husband has been so helpful the last few weeks especially!

My baby sis. She's 8 years younger than me but we have been each other's support system since I first said bye to her when I headed to college in Chicago; almost 50 years ago. What's weird is we are extreme opposites in many things and beliefs but she will always be my rock! :love:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter