Do you get to pick the land you work in?!

loveandpixiedust23

Earning My Ears
Okay so I did my phone interview today, and I forgot to ask if we get to pick which land we want to work in if we are accepted??

Anybody know how that works? Once you get your role do you get to select which land you want to work in?

You do not get to pick where you work. If you get accepted, you can send an email to recruiting requesting a specific location if you want, but there are no guarantees you will get the one you want.
:)

The best they can do is put you in the area you requested. Especially in attractions, specific rides are kind of a roll of the dice. I got put in the same area as 2 of my requests but got a different ride. But it was pirates and pirates is awesome :)

My daughter was in Attractions for Fall 2010. They just told her she was in Attractions when she got her acceptance package. She found out that she had Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom on one of her first training days there, but didn't find out exactly where until about 2 days in. She had no say in any of it.

Good luck!

Just read this on their blog.
http://www.disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=2922

Seems like they want someone to bring it up during the interview rather than email later.

What is there makes a lot of sense. When you email later, they may just cut and paste their answer to respond and delete your message. Talking about it during the interview has a much stronger probability of it being notated.

My daughter was in Attractions for Fall 2010. They just told her she was in Attractions when she got her acceptance package. She found out that she had Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom on one of her first training days there, but didn't find out exactly where until about 2 days in. She had no say in any of it.

Good luck!

I was in Tomorrowland Attractions during Fall 2010 - where did she work? I probably at least saw her at Track Talk, if I didn't work with her.

ETA: OP- I did not get the land I requested, although I did say if there was one request that I would like to have agreed to, it would be being placed in the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, and I got Magic Kingdom.

I was in Tomorrowland Attractions during Fall 2010 - where did she work? I probably at least saw her at Track Talk, if I didn't work with her.

ETA: OP- I did not get the land I requested, although I did say if there was one request that I would like to have agreed to, it would be being placed in the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, and I got Magic Kingdom.

She was at Speedway...Caitlin from Franklin, MA :)

During my interview they asked me what my favorite park was and I answered Hollywood Studios. Then at the end of my interview I asked if I could request a possible location and the interviewer told me that she'd recorded that Studios was my favorite park and then I said I'd love to work at the Magic Kingdom. I even sent an email requesting to work at ODF at Magic Kingdom but I was placed at Studios. You can always request something but nothing is guaranteed. I ended up loving working at Studios, even if my location wasn't the best.

She was at Speedway...Caitlin from Franklin, MA :)

Oo! I'm pretty sure I talked to her then. Anyone who was from Massachusetts I talked to... :laughing:

I feel like I remember talking to her on the bus or while walking out of work.. something like that. The name Caitlin sounds familiar too. Small world. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter