Do you do cash stays in Values/Moderates?

Do you do cash stays in Values/Moderates?

• Total voters
Yes - but maybe not in the way you were asking. We drive from the Dallas area. We usually arrive in Orlando early to mid afternoon. We either stay off site that night or stay in a moderate. This year we have one night at CBR. Then the next day we get up bright and early - have our luggage transferred and hit the parks at opening. When our DVC room is ready we head there to unpack and settle in.

Many times. If it is just me and one of my daughters. We can usually get deals that include tickets and dining with a room at POP. My daughters love POP. I could sleep on the park bench. My wife loves the DVC so we keep her happy and stay there when she comes. But with the referb POP and I am sure others as well, are great.
I have even rented my points out and stayed at POP with dining cheaper than the point rental.

The deluxe resorts have really spoiled us, I'd prefer to rent points to extend a stay if we didn't have the points. This also to prevent us having to move as we tend to move in when at Disney, I don't like living out of a suitcase. Lastly, we have a special needs child that does not do well hotel hopping. The first night anywhere we stay is always a nightmare. The thought of resort hopping and dealing with that makes my head spin.

By myself or with another group I'd consider it just to see what they're like. I'd like to try every resort eventually, not sure if it'll happen though.

Things I will rather do than spend a night in a Disney value resort.

get covid 19

fight mcgregor a ufc fight

box Floyd Mayweather

have sex with Rosie O donnell

wrestle randy Orton

I paid for a moderate in Nov 2019 but that was because the trip was last minute and there were no suitable DVC rooms available. If anything was available I would have used points.

We are accustomed to split trips combined with Universal or one of the SW partner hotels for the free quick queue. Started that when the initial weekend point allocation started & we need to stretch the then points we owned. Have learned to be more adaptable & found in last 5 years that we love renting points at WBC too. It’s all good.

I’m scratching my head at the high point allocation at OKW for April :confused3 . Tempted to switch up things for that trip even though we do have the points in hand.

for us it’s generally cash for bonus trips that are often for a impromtu when availability is slim. More often than not though, since the rates have jumped dramatically, we will just stay offsite or hotwire a value.

Things I will rather do than spend a night in a Disney value resort.

get covid 19

fight mcgregor a ufc fight

box Floyd Mayweather

have sex with Rosie O donnell

wrestle randy Orton
🤔😳 😯😶

We tend to book a value or moderate resort when we fly later in the evening. We often like to fly at night after work so that we can enjoy an extra full day. If we are arriving at midnight I hate to use our points!

stayed at Caribbean resort before my DCL cruise once. I prefer the hotel at MCO, but it was full for some reason. Paid that night on cash.

I would never use points on a non-DVC hotel.

Yes, early on before addonitis hit. We had limited points and we liked to go multiple times. Sometimes Port Orleans Riverside, PoP, and once at Art of Animation when we got a good deal when it first opened. I now have 590 points so the need has not been there for the last 5 plus years.

I have when I was more points poor and did not have the extra points needed. I have since added on, so it should not happen anymore. But if I was to sneak in an extra trip in a given year, I probably would have to pay cash somewhere. That would most likely be Pop, but I am open to the other values if I needed to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter