Do we really have time to go back to resort for break mid-day?

I think what we are thinking we'll have to do (for the first time ever) is drop our evening meal reservations most days.
I'm not sure I'd definitely give up on those. Most of our park days are morning/break/evening days, and we have at least one TS meal nearly every day---the last time I was at WDW, just about two years ago pre-pandemic, I think we had a grand total of two CS meals over the course of a seven-night stay. We aren't changing those habits in the face of The Brave New World. I'd rather drop an attraction than take away from the relaxing nature of my trip.

So, I'd plan to have them, and see how it feels your first few days. You can always cancel the ones later in your trip, and it is a lot easier to cancel them if you decide you don't want them than to book them if you decide you do.

he is very driven and not too good at relaxing
Yeah, I was that guy for a good long while. If y'all haven't done this yet, bring up Encanto on D+ and watch it together, and if you decide you want to re-watch Luisa's number a few times, well who's to judge? ;-)

not sure I'd definitely give up on those. Most of our park days are morning/break/evening days, and we have at least one TS meal nearly every day---the last time I was at WDW, just about two years ago pre-pandemic, I think we had a grand total of two CS meals over the course of a seven-night stay. We aren't changing those habits in the face of The Brave New World. I'd rather drop an attraction than take away from the relaxing nature of my trip.

So, I'd plan to have them, and see how it feels your first few days. You can always cancel the ones later in your trip, and it is a lot easier to cancel them if you decide you don't want them than to book them if you decide you do.
I like the idea of keeping the ADRs and seeing how it goes. Wise...

Good to hear! Will you give more details? Did you use Genie+? ILL? Thanks!

We did in the morning when we were at Magic Kingdom, because we wanted to go on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Space Mountain.
We also went on the Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates. The lines for some reason were absolutely crazy for the
Jungle Cruise that week. We hit a number of the gift shops. My girlfriend love Lladro statues and we purchased a Disney themed one.
We took the bus back to our room. Went to the nearest pool. CBR has other pools, other than the main pool. We relaxed in and out of
the water for a while and then took the Skyliner over to EPCOT. Did not use Genie+ there, mainly went to different pavillions and walk
around and had dinner at the Rose & Crown. Amazingly, I was not able to get a reservation before our trip and then got one that day.

we are going in mid-September, and we decided to remove the Genie+ from our tickets. I feel like it's just alot of pressure to constantly keep moving, and that's not the kind of trip we want to take. for us, going in Sept, it's going to be quieter anyway..... but this way, we can feel like we can get up, eat a nice breakfast then head out to whatever park.... and then park hop and eat dinner in another park. but we wanted to make time for a pool day, or at least some time just relaxing at our resort. We never stayed at the Poly, but chose this one specifically because of the relaxed vibe.... so we really want to take advantage of what the resort has to offer. Everything I've read about Genie+ convinced us to just ditch it. :drinking:

If you strategically stack your G+ reservations for the evening, that’s probably the best plan. At MK you should be able to get 4 rides stacked for 5-7pm if you book them in the right order, plus ILL for 7DMT (an order like PP, Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Small World, something like that).

That would of course mean all standby in the morning though.
This is sort of what we did. So, we'd sleep in some (mostly due to late nights, late sleeping isn't our style). Have a decent breakfast (either from The Mara or Boma), maybe have some pool time (important to the kids) and then hit the parks around lunch or maybe later (in part depending on the heat). But I'd stack things as best I could. I loathed how frustrating it was to either be mindful of the time and try to setup LL (or be enjoying my day and then forget to do it, knowing I missed 30 minutes of being able to get a LL and that pushed us back, etc). Had I been there with another adult, that could've been simpler maybe. It all worked out decently but it's far from ideal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter