Do we need Lunch Package for Xmas Parade

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
Planning on seeing the 6:30 Xmas Parade on the first Tuesday of December which hopefully will be a relatively quiet day in the park. Do you think its necessary to get a Plaza Restaurant Lunch Package for reserved viewing area or would we be okay staking out a spot 1/2 an hour before the parade. I will have an ECV but could stand for the actual parade. If I remember correctly there is a roped off area near Its A Small World reserved for ECVs for parades. If anyone has any input it would be great.

I never feel like the parade packages are needed. They are just a nice perk for something special.

I used to always book the Holiday Tour because it included reserved seating--a real chair!-- for the parade (plus cocoa and gingerbread Mickey and a holiday pin and a couple of rides). It was wonderful, but sadly they did away with the reserved seating.

From what I've read on this board, the reserved viewing area has you standing with all of the other people who have it and watching from a certain spot. I remember thinking it didn't sound like it would necessarily work well for me, as I'm super short and if I'm behind other people, I'm not going to see much. I suppose you still have to arrive early-ish if you want to be near the front of the viewing area.

But the alternative is a rather long wait to hold your spot, and the one time I did that, a family came along and shoved their kids in front of us and then followed. We tried to tell them no, but they ignored us. Luckily, a CM happened to be right there and made them move back, but we were still scrunched in with them and it was awkward.

So I don't have a good answer for you LOL!

No way to tell what type of crowd will be there on the first Tuesday of December.

How many people are in your party? If it is just one person, you should be able to find a standing spot along the parade route 30 min before the parade begins. My concern is that the ECV takes up space so you can't just duck under a rope like someone who isn't on an ECV.

Can we make reservations now?

Also it depends, I thought DCA parade package was really great if you can afford it

I did the current Disneyland parade package as well and it was good but wish it had an option like DCA....but if you dont want to wait its your best bet

I'm always torn about parade packages. They seem like a great idea in theory, but you still have to arrive a little bit early and can end up behind other (taller) people. I've always found good places to watch without a package. You could always book it and cancel later just so you have it if you want it.

I do remember seeing ECV seating near Small World, but I'm not sure how you get it. Maybe you could call and talk to a CM before your trip.

My husband was in an ECV and I think we staked out a spot on Main Street 30-40 minutes before the parade and my daughter and I sat on the curb. We went right before Christmas when most of the Magic Keys were blocked, though, so it really wasn't crowded at all.

Planning on seeing the 6:30 Xmas Parade on the first Tuesday of December which hopefully will be a relatively quiet day in the park. Do you think its necessary to get a Plaza Restaurant Lunch Package for reserved viewing area or would we be okay staking out a spot 1/2 an hour before the parade. I will have an ECV but could stand for the actual parade. If I remember correctly there is a roped off area near Its A Small World reserved for ECVs for parades. If anyone has any input it would be great.
We do it every year and have never regretted it.

No way to tell what type of crowd will be there on the first Tuesday of December.

How many people are in your party? If it is just one person, you should be able to find a standing spot along the parade route 30 min before the parade begins. My concern is that the ECV takes up space so you can't just duck under a rope like someone who isn't on an ECV.
I'll be in an ECV accompanied by my two adult kids. Perhaps we should go down the reserved area path, although like others have said it is only a small area and we are still going to have to get there early to get a decent spot anyway. Grrr I am so confused. We are all on the autism scale so waiting a long time, particularly with a lot of people around us, is very stressful. We'd probably be okay with 30 minutes but anything longer than that might be pushing it.

My husband was in an ECV and I think we staked out a spot on Main Street 30-40 minutes before the parade and my daughter and I sat on the curb. We went right before Christmas when most of the Magic Keys were blocked, though, so it really wasn't crowded at all.
Yes that was the other idea I had over a reserved dining package. We will be coming back into the park following an afternoon break so I thought we could get Earl of Sandwich goodies, find a kerb to sit on with me in my ECV behind and eat our food while waiting. As we are autistic 30 minutes is about our limit for waiting and coping with crowds.

We do it every year and have never regretted it.
If possible could you give me a idea of how big the area is and does it get really crowded. The three of us in our party really don't cope well with a whole lot of people crowded around us for a long period of time.

I'm always torn about parade packages. They seem like a great idea in theory, but you still have to arrive a little bit early and can end up behind other (taller) people. I've always found good places to watch without a package. You could always book it and cancel later just so you have it if you want it.

I do remember seeing ECV seating near Small World, but I'm not sure how you get it. Maybe you could call and talk to a CM before your trip.
Yes maybe I'll do that, thanks

T
I used to always book the Holiday Tour because it included reserved seating--a real chair!-- for the parade (plus cocoa and gingerbread Mickey and a holiday pin and a couple of rides). It was wonderful, but sadly they did away with the reserved seating.

From what I've read on this board, the reserved viewing area has you standing with all of the other people who have it and watching from a certain spot. I remember thinking it didn't sound like it would necessarily work well for me, as I'm super short and if I'm behind other people, I'm not going to see much. I suppose you still have to arrive early-ish if you want to be near the front of the viewing area.

But the alternative is a rather long wait to hold your spot, and the one time I did that, a family came along and shoved their kids in front of us and then followed. We tried to tell them no, but they ignored us. Luckily, a CM happened to be right there and made them move back, but we were still scrunched in with them and it was awkward.

So I don't have a good answer for you LOL!
Thanks for your thoughts. I am really torn as to what to do as our party of three would never cope if someone did that to us, there could be massive meltdowns which would not be pleasant at all. Hopefully I'll get some more answers and I can come up with a plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter