Do or did you have a group name for your friends?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
Like the possy or something like that

We had a few

DX generation after the wrestling team
Manchester snakes
Also in the first year of high school because Me and my friends were still together from primary school we were known as our primary school lot.

We had a group of guys in High School( early 80's) that called themselves the Texas 12. They wore cut off shorts, football practice jerseys w/ thermal shirts underneath and their cowboy boots. Why? I have no idea! They thought they were pretty hot stuff, but not really :)

I have a group of friends I used to do tons of sci fi conventions with (and will again next year) that started calling ourselves "The First Circle" many years ago when we started throwing parties for party battles. It was a reference to Solzhenitsyn and how we felt like nerds that were slaves to this silly prison of throwing huge parties. It was a crack that first happened when we had to submit our "party battle" name, so we said "The First Circle" and it just stuck. It wasn't intentioned, but it's a good shorthand.

We are the "Almond Tree Posse". It started about 10 years ago when some of the moms from our school would take their 7 - 8 year old kids to our local yacht club after school on Fridays to let off some steam. The kids would swim etc. and the moms would have a couple of drinks and chat. Eventually we settled on this one spot under an almond tree on the beach that we all seemed to like, and that became our spot. We still go almost every Friday afternoon/evening. We vary from a small group of 4 to sometimes 20, and this is without the kids - they have become teenagers and are off doing their own thing.

In high school, there were a group of girls in my class, and they called themselves “the chics”. I, however, was not in the group. Haha!

I have 5 friends that I have been close to since we were in high school - 50+ years ago. We had no name for ourselves - but sometime in our 40s I think we jokingly referred to ourselves (not in public) as the "sexy six". Now we are the "senior six". My friends were all popular beauties - homecoming queen, prom queen, yearbook beauty, plus lots of other awards. Me - I was the smart nerdy one. I'm not ugly, but they were truly beautiful. But even as they have aged they are still beautiful inside.

Last edited:
My husband and siblings are known as KaMaLaM. Keith And Matthew And Lisa And Meredith..... KaMaLaM is my DMIL's license plate as well.

Me and my two classmates used to be 'uku squad' where the word uku was short for ukulele. Nowadays the same squad exists with a new name but I can't mention it since it contains a profanity. :rotfl:

I have a group of friends that we call the MOB... Mothers Of Ballerinas. We all met because our daughters trained together. The last of the MOBster daughters will graduate from high school this year; my daughter, at 24, is the oldest of the dancers. The girls (and boys- 2 of them) have all gone on to college and out into life. Many have stopped dancing, but we moms are still friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter