• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I really need a reservation for Ballast or Black Tap?

peterpanandwendy

Mouseketeer
Hello fellow craft beef lovers!

Ballast and Black Tap look like the exact kind of places my husband and I LOVE :) We would love to try both of them. Because we are with our two kiddos (who will be 6 and 8) in March, and we eat pretty early (around 4:30 or so)... how much do I need to have reservations? Or do you think we might be able to walk in? We will be there from Tuesday March 17 to Tuesday March 24... early dinners.

Thoughts?

I haven't been to either of these so I'll let others comment on how busy they will be at the times you're looking at but neither of them even offer reservations. EDIT: Black Tap does not offer reservations. Ballast Point does through OpenTable.

Black Tap I understand you order first, then find a table and a server takes over from there. They also have a to-go window with a limited menu of their more popular options.

Last edited:
but neither of them even offer reservations.

Interesting! I watched a dining review today and she recommenced reservations for both as they get quite busy, and on the website it says to call the dining number for reservations? Where do you see they don't offer reservations?

Interesting! I watched a dining review today and she recommenced reservations for both as they get quite busy, and on the website it says to call the dining number for reservations? Where do you see they don't offer reservations?
My mistake- there are reservations for Ballast Point through OpenTable. I will edit my post to avoid future confusion- sorry!

Black Tap definitely is no reservations though. It's technically considered "Quick Service" due to the order then be seated flow I mentioned above.

When you go to the Disneyland app you can't book reservations like you can at the other restaurants in the DLR area (including DTD). I did see you can book Ballast Point through Open Table though.

Just looking real quick it seems Ballast Point is quite full for reservation in coming days/weeks. So OP I would say yes you should make a reservation.

open table is showing no availability for weeks at a time. i'm wondering if they are not on open table truly, have to call, or what..... if someone calls, please post back! right now we have tortilla jo's booked but would prefer ballast point.

I haven’t eaten at these specific restaurants but I really prefer to have reservations at any of the Downtown Disney restaurants. I always try and book through OpenTable or if they aren’t available through Opentable, I call the restaurant directly and can usually get a reservation. I find reservations help you from having to wait too long and in my experience if we need to change the time of our reservation it’s never a problem.

I called Ballast Point directly a few weeks ago to make a reservation for spring break. We have 8 people and had no problem getting a reservation.

No reservations are needed on the top floor. Its first come first serve. Last April we stopped there everyday after the parks and was able to relax and get a bite to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter