• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR Admission Procedures

tippity

Mouseketeer
I have looked at all of the threads regarding opening day, but not much is mentioned about the specifics of entry. I've seen pictures of people waiting at the parking garage, and it looks packed.
What are the parking garage people waiting for?
Is DTD packed full of people waiting to enter the parks?
What's it like if you enter through Harbor Blvd entrance?
Is the bag check the first stop?
Is there a Temperature screening stop?
Once you show your ticket and reservation, are you given a paper ticket?
How long did all of this take?
what was your arrival time?

Once you're in the parks it looks pretty fantastic.

We entered through harbor. First was temp. Then walking by the dog. Then bag check. At the gates they only scanned our ticket. Never scanned our QR code and never checked ID. Super impressed with how organized and quick the process was. Great job Disney!

We entered through harbor. First was temp. Then walking by the dog. Then bag check. At the gates they only scanned our ticket. Never scanned our QR code and never checked ID. Super impressed with how organized and quick the process was. Great job Disney!
thanks. What time did you arrive? How long did it take? Were you given a ticket after they scanned your code?

We lined up around 7. They let some people in the esplanade and then held the line until around 8ish. We were in the gates by 8:15. Yes they scanned our paper ticket and printed us a regular park ticket. I was expecting it to be a very long process and I was very pleasantly surprised!!

We came from the Grand. Through their security around 6:15. Were guided through part of DTD and then veered back into the tram drop-off area. The Grand guests were the first group in line there.

At about 7:30, we were walked into the esplanade and lined up there. We were second at a gate, which turned into two turnstiles, so we were first at one of those. They actually pre-scanned us a few moments before 8. They just scanned the ticket barcode in the app, so the reservation must be linked. We were given paper tickets.

When we hopped over to DCA, they took our pictures at that point.

They did not check IDs and we were told several times by different people at the Grand and at the line-up that they were not checking IDs yesterday. I do NOT know if that will continue, and I am NOT sharing that to encourage any breaking of the rules. I have seen other people report that they saw IDs being checked. I am wondering if anyone actually had their ID checked for the purpose of being a CA resident, though. For instance, we saw someone showing some sort of Club 33 identification at some point, so I am curious if the checking people “saw” was something like that, and not a residency check. Because we were told it so definitively, at so many points, that I find it strange to see those reports.

I doubt proof of residency checks will happen, since that would require every single adult to provide ID. I just can't imagine Disney allowing an even bigger back up at their park entrances.
I don't see any social distancing at the park entrances now, ID checks would make it worse.

I doubt proof of residency checks will happen, since that would require every single adult to provide ID. I just can't imagine Disney allowing an even bigger back up at their park entrances.
I don't see any social distancing at the park entrances now, ID checks would make it worse.
They have social distance markers up at the entrances, and groups were pretty spread apart and respectful. I feel like pictures/videos can be a little deceptive as everything is compressed...

I wonder if the people having their ID’s checked are people using 3 day SoCal tickets.
That might be it!

Again, I am a rule follower and encourage people to follow the rules. I had my ID yesterday and would definitely have it again because they could decide to check them at any time. But the thing I keep seeing that they were spot-checking IDs yesterday - I don’t think that was correct in terms of a residency check.

They have social distance markers up at the entrances, and groups were pretty spread apart and respectful. I feel like pictures/videos can be a little deceptive as everything is compressed...
You're probably right about the pictures being deceptive. However, when I look at the lines for admission it makes me pretty reluctant to arrive for opening.
I have visited WDW post Covid, and I never experienced these types of crowds.

Last edited:
We came from the Grand. Through their security around 6:15. Were guided through part of DTD and then veered back into the tram drop-off area. The Grand guests were the first group in line there.

At about 7:30, we were walked into the esplanade and lined up there. We were second at a gate, which turned into two turnstiles, so we were first at one of those. They actually pre-scanned us a few moments before 8. They just scanned the ticket barcode in the app, so the reservation must be linked. We were given paper tickets.

When we hopped over to DCA, they took our pictures at that point.

They did not check IDs and we were told several times by different people at the Grand and at the line-up that they were not checking IDs yesterday. I do NOT know if that will continue, and I am NOT sharing that to encourage any breaking of the rules. I have seen other people report that they saw IDs being checked. I am wondering if anyone actually had their ID checked for the purpose of being a CA resident, though. For instance, we saw someone showing some sort of Club 33 identification at some point, so I am curious if the checking people “saw” was something like that, and not a residency check. Because we were told it so definitively, at so many points, that I find it strange to see those reports.

I've seen several say their IDs were personally checked both during previews and opening. So they're definitely happening for some people.

Since Disney says "bring proof of residency" and put out a reminder about it, I definitely think it best for people to always expect ID to be checked regardless of anecdotal experiences.

my guess is that Disney knew the eyes of the world were watching yesterday, the reopening even made it onto my local radio news here in Ireland. They wanted the visuals of the people streaming back into the park, so it is my guess that they were lenient with the ID checks yesterday but day by day and week by week, the ID checks will be stepped up. It would not have been a good PR move yesterday to have lines held up due to ID checks, but as the media hype dies down, they will get more strict, as again, it would not be good PR for Disney to be seen to be going against state guidelines.

Its all about PR, marketing, spin and optics.

I got to the parking structure around 8:15 am or so and the queue wasn’t outrageous. I did a live recording up to security check and then from security check all the way to the park, so you can see the walk. I will add more when I get on my computer at home.

I'm disappointed to hear that they didn't check every single person's ID, even if it was motivated by optics. Saying the park is only open to CA residents and then seemingly not doing anything to ensure that is irresponsible. I'm paying close attention to how they are or are not enforcing their own rules, and this information makes me hesitant to go.

I would love to learn if the DLH side entrance by the Earl of Sandwich is open. We are going to stay at the Westin, and that's where I imagined us entering.

my guess is that Disney knew the eyes of the world were watching yesterday, the reopening even made it onto my local radio news here in Ireland. They wanted the visuals of the people streaming back into the park, so it is my guess that they were lenient with the ID checks yesterday but day by day and week by week, the ID checks will be stepped up. It would not have been a good PR move yesterday to have lines held up due to ID checks, but as the media hype dies down, they will get more strict, as again, it would not be good PR for Disney to be seen to be going against state guidelines.

Its all about PR, marketing, spin and optics.
I expect the opposite. If they were not checking yesterday, when the world was watching, they don’t intend to. Rule enforcement tends to relax with time, not strengthen. At the end of the day, they are following state policies. They have an attestation from every guest. They intend to increase capacity over time, so if anything, they will need to further streamline the process, not slow it down. I suspect this is why they chose not to welcome the vaccinated from out of state: it would take too long to verify that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter