• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLH - Castle Club

mickeyetta

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, :wave2:
Hubbie and I are thinking of booking up to go back to DLP next March for our spring time break.

We usually go this time of year as crowds are light and it's a tad cheaper! :)

This time we want to push the boat out so were thinking of the Castle Club rooms.

What difference is there between these rooms and standard ones? I know about them being on a different level (I spotted the posh peoples elevator when we were last there :teeth: ) but what else do you get for your money? More stuff in your room? Also the only thing dear hubbie moaned about on our last trip was the free for all at brekkie. Does castle club get its own breakfast room... and what kind of snacks and beverages are on offer in the lounge? Do the "2 for 3" and "3 for 4" offers apply to castle club rooms?

Lastly we travelled in the 1st class eurostar seats last time, back when you only got the packed lunch box as food. I now understand that they offer a full 1st class service on the eurostar rather than this. Can anyone who's travlled 1st with eurostar to DLP tell me a bit more about this service?

Sorry about all the questions, but i've really got to sell this to the bank manager...sorry i mean my husabnd :rotfl:

Thanks

Mickeyetta :earsgirl:

:disrocks:

Hi Mickeyetta!

DLH Castle Club - how great :love: would that be?

Lots of luck with your bank manager - er husband ;)

There is lots of great information about Castle Club on our DLH FAQ thread here and I'm sure others will chip in too with their experience here :)

Cheers

Karen

Castle Club rooms are the same size as other rooms unless you reserve a suite. Breakfast is served in the CC lounge and is usually much quieter though we have had to wait 5 or 10 mins for a table a couple of times. If it's a busy time of year they also open up the Founders Club which ajoins the CC lounge. There are free hot/soft drinks available whenever the lounge is open with cakes and pastries at afternoon tea. The free night offers are not usually available for CC stays.

there are some CC photos here

http://community.webshots.com/album/109848965gVAKzX/2

and some of a Tinkerbell Suite here

http://community.webshots.com/album/73432348qpPKQs/0

Thanks Alec,

This info is really helping my case with the "Bank Manager" :rotfl: And the piccys are great... do the characters just really "appear" like that up on the castle club level? If so that's so cool with so few people around!

Can you remember when and how long for the lounge was open for each day for drinks and snacks.
If we can afford to do this we'd like to make as much use a possible of these facilites!

Thanks

Hi Mickeyetta,

The lounge serves drinks all day from breakfast finishing to closing time (midnight ? I think ). The only free snack is afternoon tea which is around 4 o'clock. Character appearances on the CC floor seem to have decreased in our last couple of visits - a shame as they are always fun with few other people around but we always find plenty of other opportunities in the hotel lobby or Inventions restaurant

We just returned from CC a few weeks ago. It was money well spent! The VIP fastpasses are worth every penny especially when it is really busy. Also, the lounge was great to stop and catch a breather during the day. Breakfast was delicious and we didn't have to wait for a table during our entire stay (we were there 5 nights). Tea time is great with little dessert type food. You can have all the non-alcoholic drinks you want and they even filled and refilled two mugs that I got at the parks for the day. We have two young girls (1&3) so they had milk for us daily and we got juice in sippys all day!

Also, there is a turndown service everyday. They leave you those chocolate coins on your pillow. The rooms are exactly the same as the standard rooms though.

As for the specials, they don't apply to the CC and there are no discounts! :( But if you can afford it, why not! :)

HTH!

We did not have any character visits at CC either, but we never had to wait for breakfast and the lounge was never a bit crowded - of course we were there in the Off -Off season (mid winter) but I think March will be similar. If you want drinks before or after the lounge officially closes, the CM's in the reception area are very accomodating. I got up early (before the lounge opened for breakfast) and was brought a lovely cappucino out to a table on the inner balcony. A nice thing about CC is there are always CM's in attendance when you need them and I found them to be very friendly and spoke excellent English.
Have a wonderful time at Castle Club, and don't forget the trip report!! :wizard:

:) :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

Thanks all... You'll be glad to know that all this excellent info has impressed the bank manager... hubbie :rotfl: ... and he has agreed to this trip to CC for next march. Isnt he nice :love2:

So off to do some more research for this trip... and yes I promise to do a trip report!

Thanks Again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter