• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Here today. SAB looked swamped. I was pretty disappointed the way HH‘s was set up. all the bar stools gone. Just a line where one person allowed at the bar at a time to place an order. Plus only 2 - 3 of the tables that are usually nearby (instead of the usual 15+).

MK was pretty busy although we had a good morning (Space, Buzz, thunder, pirates, mansion, people mover, carousel, under the sea by 11). Splash was down much of the morning.

Here today. SAB looked swamped. I was pretty disappointed the way HH‘s was set up. all the bar stools gone. Just a line where one person allowed at the bar at a time to place an order. Plus only 2 - 3 of the tables that are usually nearby (instead of the usual 15+).

MK was pretty busy although we had a good morning (Space, Buzz, thunder, pirates, mansion, people mover, carousel, under the sea by 11). Splash was down much of the morning.
Are you able to get refillable mug refills at HH?

Are you able to get refillable mug refills at HH?

not sure about this. I can ask later today. But the walk up counter is covered including the self-serve soda stations that were placed to the far right. So, the person at the bar would likely have to refill it for you.

not sure about this. I can ask later today. But the walk up counter is covered including the self-serve soda stations that were placed to the far right. So, the person at the bar would likely have to refill it for you.

Last time I was at HH, mug refills made up half of the HH line! I was somewhat annoyed that the line was constantly super long, but at least the mug refill guests were simple transactions and it moved quicker than I thought. But it still made for a what seemed like a lot more people in line/in that general area than needed.

So happy to see the BC officially open! Makes me even more excited to start our countdown with the kids today. We are starting where we left off last year when we decided that we most likely would not be making the trip last summer. 79 Days till we are home!!!!!!!!

I rope dropped MK yesterday and was evacuated from Splash right after the big drop. Ended up with an anytime FP I used for Space before returning to GF for afternoon break.

Tomorrow is my resort switch day!

I was going to let the original post stay since it was vague, but since it has led to further discussion I needed to do some clean-up of recent posts. FYI.

From the DIS Guidelines....

The DIS is a privately owned web site and we reserve the right to restrict any outside commercial ventures at our discretion. We will not discuss the reasons behind why specific websites are filtered and any discussion regarding the word filter may be deleted. If you have questions or comments about this or any other DISboards policy, you can address with the webmasters at admin@wdwinfo.com.

My personal commentary/request: It is generally best to avoid any references to banned websites, even vague/non-specific references as they can sometimes come a little too close to DISBoard policies. I too saw the blog post/video and thought it had useful info about a rarely seen BC room type, but it is not one that can be posted here.

Thank you for everyone's understanding. Always happy to answer any questions either online or via PM if needed.

We arrive at BC in 12 days! I can’t believe it, this is a long awaited trip for my kids as I’ve been a few times for Princess Half since our last family trip. It was delayed from last summer and I am just so excited to have a real vacation again. This whole thread has been so fun to read over time! Thanks everyone.

We recently put in a request for BCV for late April 2022 through DVC Rental Store. For those of you who have rented points through them before - do you recall how long it took until you had a confirmed stay? I was poking around on their site to see if there was any information about timelines and I saw that they indicated that it can often be difficult to get a Villa at BC because there is a smaller pool of owners there. I'm sort of kicking myself for not seeing that and going with Boardwalk Villa instead.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had past experiences renting from them and how difficult it was to rent points at the Beach Club.

We recently put in a request for BCV for late April 2022 through DVC Rental Store. For those of you who have rented points through them before - do you recall how long it took until you had a confirmed stay? I was poking around on their site to see if there was any information about timelines and I saw that they indicated that it can often be difficult to get a Villa at BC because there is a smaller pool of owners there. I'm sort of kicking myself for not seeing that and going with Boardwalk Villa instead.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had past experiences renting from them and how difficult it was to rent points at the Beach Club.
We tried and failed. We put in our request for Jan 2022 in March, I think it was. No one picked it up, and then just before the 7 month mark, the last 2 br was booked and we were SOL.

Our experience for VGC pre-pandemic was completely opposite. We put in the request for a 2br and had someone willing to rent within a week. But it appears that the pandemic has changed many things.

People have posted about the DVC Rental Store lately. Their Facebook page says it was created in 2010, but I hadn't heard of them until recently. Maybe I just tuned it out? It seems like everyone was using either David's or The Timeshare Store. If owners aren't aware of this company, then it's a bigger problem than just choosing one DVC resort over another.

Even if I'm just clueless and everybody else knew about them, I think the whole DVC situation is different right now than it was in the past, due to the pandemic. Resorts closed completely. Some of the DVC rules were temporarily changed. Then resorts opened back up but people couldn't or wouldn't travel. That left people with extra points. Then people got vaccinations and booked "revenge travel" which used those points.

DVC owners who have BCV as their home resort can book now for the end of April 2022, but they might not be sure yet if they want to rent out their points. They might still be deciding if their family is going to use their points.

All of which is my long-winded way of saying that even if people tell you about their prior attempts to rent BCV through this agency, that may not be indicative of what your experience will be now.

People have posted about the DVC Rental Store lately. Their Facebook page says it was created in 2010, but I hadn't heard of them until recently. Maybe I just tuned it out? It seems like everyone was using either David's or The Timeshare Store. If owners aren't aware of this company, then it's a bigger problem than just choosing one DVC resort over another.

Even if I'm just clueless and everybody else knew about them, I think the whole DVC situation is different right now than it was in the past, due to the pandemic. Resorts closed completely. Some of the DVC rules were temporarily changed. Then resorts opened back up but people couldn't or wouldn't travel. That left people with extra points. Then people got vaccinations and booked "revenge travel" which used those points.

DVC owners who have BCV as their home resort can book now for the end of April 2022, but they might not be sure yet if they want to rent out their points. They might still be deciding if their family is going to use their points.

All of which is my long-winded way of saying that even if people tell you about their prior attempts to rent BCV through this agency, that may not be indicative of what your experience will be now.

Anecdotally, I think a lot of DVC owners are using their points themselves. DME on Saturday buses could not come fast enough they were filled up so quick with DVC resort guests. Every other person I’ve talked to down here seems to be a DVC member too.

What is the status of ceiling fans at the Beach Club? I have noted that in 2018 that there was talk of removing them from rooms there. But I haven't stayed at the Beach Club since 2015 and haven't seen posts about whether they are still there or not.

Thanks!

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter