Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes you can chose the flavor / beverage of your choice but the CM will fill a paper cup for you. You can then drink from that cup or pour it into your mug.

Note: Everything in the Freestyle machines are Coke products.

Dave

They have really dropped the prices for stays at Yacht Club in the past few days.....almost made an impromptu resi for the weekend...but could not get all the bases covered in time. So maybe next weekend we head over...

To those who have reservations and are either FL residents or AP, remember you can get your rate adjusted to the new rate....saw rates as low as $265 per night

Does anyone know what the current pool hours are? For both SAB, and the other pools?

Page 1666-1668

Now that we know that SAB is opening, I decided to change my April 2021 trip from BC to YC. Ended up saving about $200 anyway so it worked out. Even if BC ends up opening I won’t be switching back

Got it!

:goodvibes

Me either. I was surprised with the response too. I asked after being concerned at seeing posts about 2021 reservations being changed all the way through August. Our June 2021 hasn't been changed yet.

Is your June trip currently at the BC?

:thumbsup2

I have a YC stay in September And we will have our car. On arrival day we are doing HS. Should we park at the YC and take the Skyliner or walk to HS? Would it be better to just drive ourselves to the park? Is parking at HS a pain In the am if you’re trying to get a RoR bp?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I agree with the others who suggested walking because that puts the timing of your arrival at HS under your control.

:cool1:

What time are the walkers allowed through security and into the park?

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for early Sept at the YC.

:woohoo:

Did somebody post this here yet? It’s the link to the Disney website which shows what will be opening for BCV (and thus Yacht Club), in case people want to know what has been officially announced:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/#drawer-card-beachClub

Thank you- I have added this info to the first post in the thread.

:cool2:

any news on the friendship boats ?

:welcome: back!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the YC or BCV?

::yes::

Page 1669

So, the Canada-US border is now closed through September 21 at the very least, meaning our September trip is fubar-ed.

Rebooked for a few weeks later, in a fit of “I need SAB” optimism, so Dee, if you could update me on the BOG list when you have a chance that would be great...but use pencil, ‘cause that’s the way 2020 seems to be going. :-(

Our currently booked (please let one of them actually happen) trips are:
- Oct 8-12, YC GV
- Nov 13-18, YC GV
- Dec 11-15, Poly SV (originally WL, may swap to YC if Oct/Nov fall thru)
- Jan 29-Feb 2, YC GV

If/when October gets cancelled, that’ll move to early March, I guess. We keep shifting dates, hoping that eventually the border will reopen and then we can travel again. And, at least I can dream, making park passes and ADRs, keeping myself from going completely stir crazy.

Sigh.

Got it???

I am so hoping one or more of these trips pan out for you.

:hug:

I’m actually staying right now at Copper Creek Villas and wanted to post something I hadn’t seen mention anywhere in recent trip reports since the reopening. The showers at the restrooms at the pool here are closed for safety reasons. I have to believe this is WDW resort wide. I mention this as those who plan to fly might be counting on them on travel days with SAB opening back up. It might be worth a question to someone staying at YC or BCVs once SAB is open.

Thanks for letting us know. Makes sense.

::yes::

We got a message on our phone saying they'll be open tomorrow.

:welcome: to posting on the thread. Thanks for the confirmation about Ale & Compass.

:thumbsup2

Strange, those images look fine on my device until I post them. Hopefully they're legible enough :confused3.

Thanks for sharing the picture of the menu for Martha's Vineyard. I'll add that to the dining post, Page 1, Post 7.

Don't forget you can walk to Swan/Dolphin for food too.

:welcome: to posting here, and thanks for this very helpful suggestion!

:cool2:

We had such a great experience this week at YC with a CM named Chris who "filled our mugs" at the Coke Freestyle machines every time except one time. He remembered us even when we weren't all together and always remembered what drinks we like. We'd highly prefer to fill our own mugs, but we ended up liking this system of a plastic cup because it was easier to carry that to a park and then just throw away when done, rather than lugging 4 mugs around the parks. I do hope if this system stays in place for a while that they give you a wristband or something to show you bought the mugs. Chris told us not to bother bringing them each time since we showed him the very first time, but we did have a different CM one day and had to make a quick run back to our room to grab the mugs. I had our receipt with us, but the CM wanted to see the actual mugs (which is fine, and I'm glad they're checking).

As for SAB, we really enjoyed having our pick of chairs and even getting a table with umbrella with ease! I know that will change eventually, but we sure enjoyed the empty-ish pool. We did see that some cabanas were rented and wondered if those people regretted it since there were so many available chairs/spaces, but it's hard to predict how many guests are booked at a given time.

We booked a standard view room and were given 4176. The room itself was perfect, very clean, ample supplies of everything, tons of storage space, and a great bathroom countertop area (I have a newfound appreciation after coming off a 3-night stay at CR where I had forgotten about the bathroom storage space there - we had to put a towel in one of the sinks to use it to store our stuff).

For those of you who have been to Disney lately, did anyone else have garbage issues besides us?! I know housekeeping just appears every other day to take the garbage and replenish supplies, but our garbage was overflowing to the point we had to bag things up.

In any event, we were initially excited to have one of these rooms with the very large (shared) balcony and thought with the whole "social distancing" thing AND the fact that not many people were booked that they wouldn't place another family in one of the other rooms. We were wrong about that, lol. So it wasn't really the experience we were hoping for. I'm sure the other family probably felt the same as their kids initially ran around the whole balcony until they looked in our slider and saw us - lol. My kids are older and actually didn't realize there were other rooms connected, so they walked around too and were mortified when they noticed people looking out at them haha. It would be nice if they could put up some sort of barriers, sort of like cruise ships do.

Here's a pic of the balcony from outside our Room 4176:

YC 4176.jpg

We’re here today. I received the exact room I requested via touring plans, which I’m very happy about. I wanted a first floor room away from the elevators and that’s exactly what I got.

We played at Storm Along Bay all morning (from about 9-1pm). Considering the pictures I've seen of this pool pre-covid, it was much less crowded. The first hour was very quiet then people started filtering in. Still plenty of space to move around in the water. Heads up, the lazy river section gets crowded pretty quick. I think it’s a fan favorite.

We tried Beaches & Cream for the first time and it was so worth the trip!

Side note: Hurricane Hannah’s only had grab & go food...and very long lines. We got through in maybe 10 minutes but I heard a few complaints around the pool of 20+ minute waits.

Page 1670-1671

Will you please add me to the guest list for 9/17-9/18? Just one night, but I'm so excited to be back that I have to share it!
:dogdance:

Got it!

Yacht Club?

:cool1:

**********************************************************************************

Oh gosh. We live in S. Central LA & are looking at the latest maps for TS Marco & H. Laura for next week. I sure hope they don’t both hit us back to back like some predictions show. 😬. Luckily the cones both seem to be large, so I don’t think they really know where either are going definitely. We went today & got our supplies. While shopping, we saw lots of people buying water & maybe a case or two of beer, except for one little old lady. She had her cart FULL of cases of beer and bags of prunes, 🤣. I don’t why I found that so funny, but I giggled all the way home about it.
We have 21 days to our trip. We so need it!::yes::

We live in Morgan City, LA so we are watching this super close.

Checking in to see how you and your families are doing. Hope you made it through the storms without issue.

:grouphug:

We’re here today. I received the exact room I requested via touring plans, which I’m very happy about. I wanted a first floor room away from the elevators and that’s exactly what I got.

We played at Storm Along Bay all morning (from about 9-1pm). Considering the pictures I've seen of this pool pre-covid, it was much less crowded. The first hour was very quiet then people started filtering in. Still plenty of space to move around in the water. Heads up, the lazy river section gets crowded pretty quick. I think it’s a fan favorite.

We tried Beaches & Cream for the first time and it was so worth the trip!

Side note: Hurricane Hannah’s only had grab & go food...and very long lines. We got through in maybe 10 minutes but I heard a few complaints around the pool of 20+ minute waits.

Thank you so much for the live report. So glad to hear you are thrilled with your room and had lots of fun at the pool.

Did you receive an activities schedule for August and/or September?

If so, could you either post a picture or send to me via email at beachclubdee at yahoo?

Thanks!

Hope the rest of your stay is incredible!

:woohoo:

Last edited:
Nothing posted yet but as a reminder only the "bar only" is scheduled for opening tomorrow for Hurricane Hanna’s Waterside Bar and Grill. The logical assumption at this point for SAB may be 9-9 but who knows at this point.

Dave

Can anyone confirm whether or not the kid's meals at Hurricane Hanna's still come with a pail and shovel?

The kid's meal offering are a turkey and swiss or Uncrustable sandwiches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter