Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone think Yachtsman Steak House might open anytime soon?

If I had to guess (and that's all this is), I'd say not until BC & BW are open and occupancy picks up. Even in regular times it often wasn't full, so I can't imagine they'd reopen another signature restaurant until there are enough people to regularly eat there.

It will not be open at that time. If you do not have your own car, then Lyft/Uber is probably the best option.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. We do have a car, but the whole point was to make it more fun with the skyliner...oh well...back to the drawing board....this should be my biggest problem right?

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. We do have a car, but the whole point was to make it more fun with the skyliner...oh well...back to the drawing board....this should be my biggest problem right?
Well, if you took an Uber/Lyft over to breakfast, by the time you are finished, wouldn't the Skyliner be running? At least you could maybe ride it back?

Well, if you took an Uber/Lyft over to breakfast, by the time you are finished, wouldn't the Skyliner be running? At least you could maybe ride it back?
Yes, that would definitely work. I was just kinda hoping not to have to take Uber...we have a large party so it would be at least 2 maybe 3 cars. No biggie though, just have to plan accordingly.

Yes, that would definitely work. I was just kinda hoping not to have to take Uber...we have a large party so it would be at least 2 maybe 3 cars. No biggie though, just have to plan accordingly.

You might also ask at the front desk the day before. They may have a secret van or something they could use to give you a lift since it's so close. Others may say they don't ever offer that, but I'd still ask. These are different times, after all. I've asked for similar rides at other (MUCH less expensive) hotels and have been accommodated at least half the time. Most people in hospitality really do want to help, so if they're not busy and have the means, they often will.

It's also really close, so you could just do a couple of quick round-trips in your rental car and then just take 1 Uber :)

Skyliner from RR starts running to Epcot at about 10:20 when we were there a couple of weeks ago

You might also ask at the front desk the day before. They may have a secret van or something they could use to give you a lift since it's so close. Others may say they don't ever offer that, but I'd still ask. These are different times, after all. I've asked for similar rides at other (MUCH less expensive) hotels and have been accommodated at least half the time. Most people in hospitality really do want to help, so if they're not busy and have the means, they often will.

It's also really close, so you could just do a couple of quick round-trips in your rental car and then just take 1 Uber :)
That's a thought. We have a large SUV so I could just run everyone over and then just take an uber myself, but I do like the idea of asking the front desk. Thanks!

Hope ya'll are safe and make it thru without any damage. :hug:

Thanks. Luckily the track shifted off to the west and our area is expected to only experience tropical storm force winds this evening and tomorrow. Unfortunately this storm will now be devastating for areas to the west of us. 😔

With the friendship boats not yet running, are walking and the skyliner the only options to get to DHS or have Yacht & Beach added a bus in lieu of boat? We're ok with walk or skyliner (except in a t-storm, of course) ... just want to understand the options. :goodvibes

Yes walking or the Skyliner are the official Disney transportation methods currently available at the YC and BCV for HS. And as always walking to Epcot via the International Gateway.

Dave

@natebenma Dee can you please add us to the BOG list! My cousin has gifted us some of his DVC points he won’t be able to use and we were able to get two nights in a one bedroom villa. We will be there 11/22-11/24. We will be moving around a lot this trip but will also be able to try at two new resorts, BWV & Saratoga. So excited as we had not planned on going until next summer and we get to stay at our favorite resort :love:

The pool has been pretty empty the past 2 days. These are pictures from this morning. Only a handful of chairs taken and plenty of umbrella tables available.

Attachments

• 169BD3E2-34AE-43DB-83A6-6E182AD33331.jpeg
    169BD3E2-34AE-43DB-83A6-6E182AD33331.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 92EDC497-A8D3-418F-B33C-88C670238857.jpeg
    92EDC497-A8D3-418F-B33C-88C670238857.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 93
  • F6E6888C-1A97-4BAA-B2F3-890C5968C560.jpeg
    F6E6888C-1A97-4BAA-B2F3-890C5968C560.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 91
@natebenma Dee can you please add us to the BOG list! My cousin has gifted us some of his DVC points he won’t be able to use and we were able to get two nights in a one bedroom villa. We will be there 11/22-11/24. We will be moving around a lot this trip but will also be able to try at two new resorts, BWV & Saratoga. So excited as we had not planned on going until next summer and we get to stay at our favorite resort :love:

Will do!

:woohoo:

I'm way behind here, and there is so much info I need to update now that the YC has reopened, so it could take a little bit.

:blush:

The pool has been pretty empty the past 2 days. These are pictures from this morning. Only a handful of chairs taken and plenty of umbrella tables available.
Wow, that is amazing, but I guess it makes sense since no one was expecting it to open and so many people were moving their reservations. I wonder how long this will last?

That's a thought. We have a large SUV so I could just run everyone over and then just take an uber myself, but I do like the idea of asking the front desk. Thanks!
If they don't offer anything, I'd run everyone over in the SUV and then Uber yourself. It'll take maybe 15 minutes extra roundtrip and they can just relax in the lobby until you get back. One regular uber ride can't be more than 5 bucks (plus a tip of course ;) ) for that short distance.

Wow, that is amazing, but I guess it makes sense since no one was expecting it to open and so many people were moving their reservations. I wonder how long this will last?

It's similar to September after labor day when we go although looks more like post hurricane Dorian at the moment.

I don't know what the deal was not announcing SAB reopening earlier. No general public room discounts, no word on SAB, yet low bookings... who could've seen that coming?? :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter