Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Brilliant! Just wanted to ask do annual pass holders get offered discount for Christmas time? Trying to plan ahead and work out if it would e worth buying a pass for the resort discount?

I never buy an AP just for a resort discount. But I’ve never not had an AP discount available when I book either. I’m flexible in where we stay, however. They are available in December but can’t specifically speak to Christmas week. Hopefully someone else can chime in?

I’m happy to see someone else taking their child for a 16th birthday trip. My daughter was given a few options and she picked Disney. ❤️

I took DS on Mother/Son Birthday trips from Age 6-10, and we spent 3 of them at YC!! I had originally booked the Swan for this trip just to be in Epcot resort area, so I’m blown away that the AP rate ended up being cheaper. This will be our last WDW trip for awhile so I’m so glad it will be at a resort we have so many wonderful memories at!
A very Happy 16th to your DD!!

I was just able to switch from the Swan to YC for DS 16th Birthday Trip in June with the 40% off AP rate. I am beyond excited to be staying at our favorite resort again!!! So much to catch up on again! (Yes, I promise to read the first few pages first :rotfl2:)

I’ve been trying to find the AP offer on Disney’s site and can’t. Is it possible to attach the link?

Can any of you expirenced StormAlong Bay goers help me out? We Are considering BC for part of a split stay, but I’m a little worried about the pool. To be clear, it looks AMAZING, I’m just worried about safety. Is it so big I’ll loose sight of my kids in the water? They are 7, 10, and 12, they can all swim, but I get a little nervous around water. I! :)
I think you will be ok. The pool is sectioned off in 3: kiddie pool, lazy river, and regular pool so it looks bigger than what your kids will actually use at a time. The biggest concern would probably be the water slide. You have to walk out of the main pool area over the little walking path. You go up a staircase and then slide back into the main pool.

Brilliant! Just wanted to ask do annual pass holders get offered discount for Christmas time? Trying to plan ahead and work out if it would e worth buying a pass for the resort discount?
We just returned from a stay that ran 12/20-12/27. We were able to get discounted AP rates from 12/20-12/24, so for 5 of 8 nights. For our 12/20-12/23 stay in a deluxe CL room at WL, the discount was substantial (saved us $1,087 over three nights), but for the BC 1BR suite we stayed in 12/23-12/27, it was only around 10% ($100/night for two nights). I think the lower discount has to do with the fact that we stayed in a suite though, because we got the same % off when we rebooked for the same dates next year in the same BC 1BR suite...the fine print of the Bounceback offer we used states that suites "may be offered at a lesser discount" or something like that.

I'm not sure whether there are any official Disney-offered discounts for the dates between Christmas and New Year's Day, other than free dining if your trip starts by the last day that free dining is offered. I think I've read that you can get them through travel agencies, but when I checked about our dates, none of them had any discounts for the dates or room categories we wanted to book.

HTH! :)

We’ll be trying YC for the first time as part of a split stay. I just booked a standard room to save a few bucks. Any suggestions for room requests in this category?

Staying at an EPCOT resort has been on my bucket list for a while! So has a trip with just my husband and me! Unfortunately he's not a huge Disney fan! Since the birth of our grandson that's changed a bit because experiencing Disney through the eyes of the most precious toddler on earth changes things a bit! We're taking him on our annual Nanny, Grumps and NoNo trip this month and staying at the Poly. Then yesterday FD happened and I was finally able to book a room at YC. No time for me to research the resorts.

I had BWI in my cart when the system kept crashing, when I looked again it wasn't available. I snagged a room without a view at Yacht Club and finished the transaction! I hope it was a good choice! Now I've just got to find the perfect time to tell him!

I have a question about Stormalong Bay - when is it typically the most crowded in summer? Hoping to have some pool afternoons in July when we're there, but is that just totally crazy and will it be way too crowded? (If it's not closed for lightning, of course!) We are just 2 adults with no kids, but we'd like to be able to get inner tubes and not be swimming with crazy crowds.

What are the best pool times in summer? We want to go several times, maybe even every day, since this is partially why we chose to stay at BC!

We were there for our first 5 nights in August. Arrival day, I found a chair to put our stuff on which was fine because I was in the water. We had 2 pool days so I was there before 9 waiting to get in and get a table. And I think 2 other days were work days so we went down mid day and again I got a chair to put my stuff on.

I can tell you I did not find the pool crowded, it is huge I think difficult to be crowded! My dh groaned but swam and when we moved to the Poly which is my fav he said “now this is insane” aka crowded!

I had no problems swimming around, the lazy river got a bit crowded at times but nothing horrible. My son loved volleyball and I was glad all my kids were older (over 12) that I didn’t have to have eyes like a hawk on them and I could swim too...of course they found dh and I...sigh...

We’ll be trying YC for the first time as part of a split stay. I just booked a standard room to save a few bucks. Any suggestions for room requests in this category?
Start by looking at the first page of this thread for the link to room pictures from the YC - standard rooms. You need to decide if being close to the elevator is important or if you want to be far away from everything. Don't worry about asking for a full balcony, there is a 99.9% chance you will get one at the YC. Note that "near elevator" means that you will be close to the lobby which means you will equally as close to SAB as you are to the bus stop. Have fun, you've picked a great resort to say at.
Katesdad

It's interesting how so many people get the "Disney again?" routine from people. My wife and I get it every time we tell certain people we are planning another trip. I end up feeling like I need to defend our choice to go there. My wife and I are in our late 20s with no kids yet. We love our vacations to Disney World because our idea of a vacation isn't sitting on some beach somewhere. We do enjoy doing other things for vacations. I mean just this last year we took a cruise all around the Mediterranean but it wasn't what people would typically call a relaxing vacation. We were constantly visiting new places and walking around. We loved it. It was a once in a lifetime type vacation but we still always have the desire to go back to Disney World about once a year. For 2019 we actually have a Disney World vacation booked and a Disneyland vacation booked. You can imagine the comments we got..."Disney World AND Disneyland?? Why?!" And then on top of that, two weeks after we booked our Disneyland vacation I was asked to go on a business trip that is being held in Disneyland and my wife is joining me. So visiting Disney parks 3 times in one year. I'll never expect the people who give us a hard time to get it.

It's interesting how so many people get the "Disney again?" routine from people. My wife and I get it every time we tell certain people we are planning another trip. I end up feeling like I need to defend our choice to go there. My wife and I are in our late 20s with no kids yet. We love our vacations to Disney World because our idea of a vacation isn't sitting on some beach somewhere. We do enjoy doing other things for vacations. I mean just this last year we took a cruise all around the Mediterranean but it wasn't what people would typically call a relaxing vacation. We were constantly visiting new places and walking around. We loved it. It was a once in a lifetime type vacation but we still always have the desire to go back to Disney World about once a year. For 2019 we actually have a Disney World vacation booked and a Disneyland vacation booked. You can imagine the comments we got..."Disney World AND Disneyland?? Why?!" And then on top of that, two weeks after we booked our Disneyland vacation I was asked to go on a business trip that is being held in Disneyland and my wife is joining me. So visiting Disney parks 3 times in one year. I'll never expect the people who give us a hard time to get it.
You sound just like us. We are in our mid 20s with no kids and we get those comments a lot. We did just wdw 3 times last year and people thought we were crazy but we didn’t care. There was literally something new to experience every time we went even if it was just a new resort. We are going to Japan in May and of course I tell people we are doing Tokyo Disney. They give me the same look until I add that we will be there for 3 weeks so obiovusly we aren’t just doing Disney.

My next trip is getting closer and closer (yay!) and I have a few questions regarding arrival/check-in. We will be staying at the Beach Club Villas and we used David's vacation club rentals to book our stay. Everything has been all set up and I have attached our reservation to our MDE account. Is the arrival/check-in process any different when you book a stay like this? Do you need to do anything different or provide any different information than usual when you arrive/check-in when doing a dvc rental through a third party like that? Or since it's all attached to my MDE account it should just go like I'm used to?

To Free Dining or not to Free Dining...that is the question...

Okay, so DH and I have got a bounceback booked at YC for September 2-6, at a pretty good rate, although I’m still optimistic about saving a bit more with an AP rate.

I can swap to either BC or YC under the free dining deal for a price that works out to less than $60 a day each for the dining plan, when you factor in the full price room rather than the discounted one. That’s a pretty good deal, and the tickets would be upgraded at checkin to renew our AP which are due then.

If it was a normal trip at any other time of the year, I’d do the free dining pkg. However, it’s F&W, and we have a tendency to graze WS instead of at least a couple of our TS meals. So I’m not sure we would make the best use of the credits, and we’d waste any savings, if that makes sense.

Do we keep the room only or swap to the free dining? DH is no help, since all he says is “whatever you like, dear, I just follow you around...as long as you’re happy.”

Thoughts?

My next trip is getting closer and closer (yay!) and I have a few questions regarding arrival/check-in. We will be staying at the Beach Club Villas and we used David's vacation club rentals to book our stay. Everything has been all set up and I have attached our reservation to our MDE account. Is the arrival/check-in process any different when you book a stay like this? Do you need to do anything different or provide any different information than usual when you arrive/check-in when doing a dvc rental through a third party like that? Or since it's all attached to my MDE account it should just go like I'm used to?
You check in like normal - nothing special

Okay, so DH and I have got a bounceback booked at YC for September 2-6, at a pretty good rate, although I’m still optimistic about saving a bit more with an AP rate.

I can swap to either BC or YC under the free dining deal for a price that works out to less than $60 a day each for the dining plan, when you factor in the full price room rather than the discounted one. That’s a pretty good deal, and the tickets would be upgraded at checkin to renew our AP which are due then.

If it was a normal trip at any other time of the year, I’d do the free dining pkg. However, it’s F&W, and we have a tendency to graze WS instead of at least a couple of our TS meals. So I’m not sure we would make the best use of the credits, and we’d waste any savings, if that makes sense.

Do we keep the room only or swap to the free dining? DH is no help, since all he says is “whatever you like, dear, I just follow you around...as long as you’re happy.”

Thoughts?
Your DH sounds just like mine whatever is fine with me it’s fine with him as far as the free dining keep in mind that you can use the snack credits at the food and wine booths which is a Nice perk to having the dining plan

Thoughts?

Maybe if you book two signatures the TS credits would be more useful?

Can anyone tell me if Stormalong Bay has pool waiters like at the GF? Are they at all deluxe resorts, we had the best waiter at the beach pool and it was so relaxing to not have walk over to the bar for drinks, lunch, or snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter