Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Do all of the rooms at beach club have bathtubs? Or is it like yacht where they have only showers in some?

We are planning on being at DHS for early entry rope drop in two weeks. Is the skyliner up and running that early? Or should we go by water? Bus? Which would you recommend traveling from YC?
We just returned from 5 days a BC. To get to DHS, we chose the boat every time. We could have walked but the boat is a pleasant ride and getting to the dock at the lighthouse from YC is easy peazy. The stop at Swan/Dolphin is brief.

I would absolutely say avoid the Skyliner at "Rush Hour". It is not a direct shot to DHS. You'll have to get off at the Caribbean Beach transfer station and enter a new queue for DHS. The CMs will tell you that it gets jammed up during that time and you have to enter the queue behind all those already there from CBR waiting to get on. All that said, midday, The Skyliner is a great way to get back to YC/BC. It is a relaxing ride and in the middle of the day, there isn't much in the way of lines.

--->
We just returned from 5 days a BC. To get to DHS, we chose the boat every time. We could have walked but the boat is a pleasant ride and getting to the dock at the lighthouse from YC is easy peazy. The stop at Swan/Dolphin is brief.

Can I ask, did you use the boat to HS for early entry? Do you happen to recall when the boats started running?

Question about YC, do they give the small bottles of toiletries or is it on the wall in the shower?

Do all of the rooms at beach club have bathtubs? Or is it like yacht where they have only showers in some?
The BC bathrooms haven't been remodeled in a few years, so most of them still have the original tub/shower combo. The handicapped rooms could have a walk-in shower.

It seems like most of the King rooms have a walk-in shower, while most of the Queen/Queen rooms have the tub/shower combo. If you have a preference for one over the other, it’s a good idea to list that as your top room request.

Can I ask, did you use the boat to HS for early entry? Do you happen to recall when the boats started running?
We did not do it for early entry. I believe it starts running ~45 minutes before early opening time but not 100% certain.

Just wondering, any thoughts on why I can't get a dining reservation at the Yachtsman Steakhouse until 8:55pm on Saturday 12/11 (no availability on 12/9 or 12/10)? Are they really that busy or are they just holding back on table availability due to COVID? Kind of a tradition with DW and me to eat there on the last night of our stay. EPCOT dining for lunch is even worse on Friday December 10 Gee, this use to be a slow time of the year to be at the park.
Katesdad

Just wondering, any thoughts on why I can't get a dining reservation at the Yachtsman Steakhouse until 8:55pm on Saturday 12/11 (no availability on 12/9 or 12/10)? Are they really that busy or are they just holding back on table availability due to COVID? Kind of a tradition with DW and me to eat there on the last night of our stay. EPCOT dining for lunch is even worse on Friday December 10 Gee, this use to be a slow time of the year to be at the park.
Katesdad
I've noticed that they don't always load all the reservation times at 60 days out. I would keep trying for an earlier time. That being said, when we were at WDW recently it looked like the restaurants were still operating at reduced capacity.

Depends on how fast you walk. 15 to 20 minutes at a decent pace.
And don’t forget the BW shortcut! Left just past the BW green, right past Wyland Galleries and you’ll be by the pool. Stay to the left past the pool and you pick up the path to HS. Saves you about 5 minutes which in my opinion is part of the above noted estimate!

I would absolutely say avoid the Skyliner at "Rush Hour". It is not a direct shot to DHS. You'll have to get off at the Caribbean Beach transfer station and enter a new queue for DHS. The CMs will tell you that it gets jammed up during that time and you have to enter the queue behind all those already there from CBR waiting to get on.

This. Trying to use the skyline to rope drop HS is a waste of time and a sure fire way to end up mad at the world. The question at CBR to get on the final leg to HS can't handle all the people. Especially if they are not loading gondolas to capacity. You will be waiting 45+ minutes depending on the day at rope drop times. Avoid the skyline at all costs.

Please add us in for 11/10-11/15 at the Beach Club!
We've been staying there the past 3 years - this year I wanted to change things up for my 7 & 4 year olds and booked a Cars suite at AOA for 10 days. My 7 year old was excited but looked at me and said "what about the Beach Club? Can we go there too?" I guess it's fair to say they've both been spoiled!

We usually rent points to stay in the Villas but of course availability is long gone and we've not had luck renting a confirmed reservation, so we're paying rack rate (Eekl!) for the first time ever for a standard room.

Myself, DSD and my mom just came back from a 6 day long girls trip for the 50th. We stayed in a Theme Park View studio at Bay Lake Tower, amazing view of the castle - but went for lunch at Beaches and Cream and sat outside saying "I miss it here so much!"... nowhere else comes close for us!

The only other place we're interested in trying out is the Poly, but our family of 5 is soon to be a family of 6 come April, so not sure how doable that would be with 5 plus an infant.

Anyhoo, beyond thrilled to be spending 5 days at our favorite spot next month!!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest