Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1821-1822

Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried to search! For Amazon/Whole Foods delivery that includes alcohol, can I have it delivered before I arrive at hotel so it is already there or do I need to be present?

:welcome:

When is your trip?

I don't know the answer to your question- hopefully someone who has done this will respond.

:goodvibes

Thank you all for so much great information. I am heading to YC next week (YES) and really curious about the wait times to get into the pool. I spoke to a manager at BC today by phone, and she said that the wait times recently have not been too long - 15-20 minutes - with the understandable caveat that this varies by time of day and the weather.

Our weather looks nice and sunny (YES), so I'm a bit bummed about reports of long virtual waits to get into SB. Like many others, our family likes to take a midday break at the pool.

Any tips or ideas to avoid particularly long waits? Does 15-20 minutes sound right, and do waiting times spike around certain times?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for typos or wrong terminology.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I haven't seen any reports posted here of waits longer than 20 minutes. We haven't heard from anyone who has used the virtual queue to get into Stormalong Bay.

Wising you a wonderful trip with lots of stress-free pool-time!

:cool1:

I just switched our reservation from WL to BC. We will be there 9/5-9/11/21!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list!

:woohoo:

Reading about people's experiences with limited housekeeping on other threads made me wonder. IDK much about DVC. Is there a place to deposit your trash in the BC Villas?

Just wanted to share for all those hoping to book cabanas. I had the number stored in my phone & watched the second hand on my clock & called just as it struck 7am. Once the recorded message moves to your options I hit 3 immediately rather than waiting to hear my choices. The next menu began in which the cabana option is just remain on the line. A CM answered immediately! I was able to book my first choice of date which is halfway through our trip. The same CM also offered to help with dining while I was on the line. I know many people have reported waiting on hold for hours so just wanted to share & hopefully help someone!
Thats really helpful thank you

Reading about people's experiences with limited housekeeping on other threads made me wonder. IDK much about DVC. Is there a place to deposit your trash in the BC Villas?

When I joined DVC, housekeeping didn't set foot in your room except on the designated days (day 4 and day 8, what they did on those days depended on how long your stay was). There was a trash room on each floor so that people staying in the DVC rooms could take their trash out of their rooms.

Then after the mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017, Disney started doing daily room checks. For DVC, they started taking your trash out every day as the room check.

I have not been back since the Pandemic started. My understanding is that the daily room checks (meaning trash removal) are supposed to be ongoing. However, I think it's possible that this is less reliable these days. Also, I assume there is still a trash room on each floor, and I assume it is still open. But the trash room is not something people have been reporting about.

From an old post on another website: "At the BCV, there's a trash room located at the corner of the main corridor and the 'jog' opposite pool-view rooms on every floor."

That description is kind of confusing, even to me. When I first go to my room, I try to pay attention to see if I walk past the trash room, so I know where it is. If I don't walk past it, I make a point of looking for it before I need it.

I have these notes from an old trip:
Looked for ice machine on 4th floor.
There is a sign near the elevator.
Go down the hall.
If you get to the trash room, you have gone too far.

Last edited:
I’m sure it’s a resort wide thing but today the marketplace went back to allowing guests to get their own drinks at the refill station. I personally was happy to see this, hated bothering the CMs for something I could easily do myself.

What do the resort cups look like right now?

Others have already responded with detailed information, but thought I would give you a graphic of where the trash room and ice machine/beverage vending are located in the BCVs. The picture is for the first floor but is in the same spot for all 5 floors. The trash room is across the hall from room 138. It consists of a variety of average size recycling containers and one large garbage can. The ice and beverage vending are across from 136. Both were open in January when we were there. We also got daily trash service so didn't need to use it much!

When I joined DVC, housekeeping didn't set foot in your room except on the designated days (day 4 and day 8, what they did on those days depended on how long your stay was). There was a trash room on each floor so that people staying in the DVC rooms could take their trash out of their rooms.

Then after the mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017, Disney started doing daily room checks. For DVC, they started taking your trash out every day as the room check.

I have not been back since the Pandemic started. My understanding is that the daily room checks (meaning trash removal) are supposed to be ongoing. However, I think it's possible that this is less reliable these days. Also, I assume there is still a trash room on each floor, and I assume it is still open. But the trash room is not something people have been reporting about.

From an old post on another website: "At the BCV, there's a trash room located at the corner of the main corridor and the 'jog' opposite pool-view rooms on every floor."

That description is kind of confusing, even to me. When I first go to my room, I try to pay attention to see if I walk past the trash room, so I know where it is. If I don't walk past it, I make a point of looking for it before I need it.

I have these notes from an old trip:
Looked for ice machine on 4th floor.
There is a sign near the elevator.
Go down the hall.
If you get to the trash room, you have gone too far.
I’m at YC, so not DVC, but they aren’t doing daily trash retrieval at all. If you call, I’m sure they’d come get it. People are just placing bags full of trash outside their rooms. It’s nasty. I wish they’d put a receptacle in the ice machine room or something like that. We took a trash bag and put it in a waste can on the boardwalk one day. We don’t generate a lot of trash, but ...

Others have already responded with detailed information, but thought I would give you a graphic of where the trash room and ice machine/beverage vending are located in the BCVs. The picture is for the first floor but is in the same spot for all 5 floors. The trash room is across the hall from room 138. It consists of a variety of average size recycling containers and one large garbage can. The ice and beverage vending are across from 136. Both were open in January when we were there. We also got daily trash service so didn't need to use it much!

View attachment 569613

Good job!

I’m at YC, so not DVC, but they aren’t doing daily trash retrieval at all. If you call, I’m sure they’d come get it. People are just placing bags full of trash outside their rooms. It’s nasty. I wish they’d put a receptacle in the ice machine room or something like that. We took a trash bag and put it in a waste can on the boardwalk one day. We don’t generate a lot of trash, but ...
We were there last week at YC, and found the same - we also weren't generating a lot of trash and recycling, but it would have been nice to have the little containers emptied more often, or have bigger containers. I don't have a problem with changing sheets often - as I don't change them that often at home - they didn't at all during our 7 night stay (we make the beds ourselves just like at home....). Towels were changed every other day, and TP restocked at the same time with trash emptied.

I did call Mousekeeping to have them bring extra shampoo, coffee and soaps, and they brought coffee, creamer and sugar. However, the next day was the scheduled light HK day, so they restocked the shampoo, conditioner, lotion and shower gel in abundance.. I also asked any Mousekeepers in the hallways when I saw them and they were very nice about handing out toiletries.

Last edited:
My biggest gripe about the limited housekeeping services is the coffee supply. They leave a one day supply of coffee pods in the room, the same amount as pre-pandemic, but they only refill it every other day. I always have to call for extra coffee when staying at the YC during the reduced services. Now the GF is smart. They not only leave lots of coffee pods, I think we had 12 of them, but they are also all regular coffee, no decaf. :)

I’m sure it’s a resort wide thing but today the marketplace went back to allowing guests to get their own drinks at the refill station. I personally was happy to see this, hated bothering the CMs for something I could easily do myself.
I'm excited to hear this news! Is this now in place at the YC and BC?

Awesome news! Does this go for the Freestyle machines at Yacht Club as well? Anyone know?

My biggest gripe about the limited housekeeping services is the coffee supply. They leave a one day supply of coffee pods in the room, the same amount as pre-pandemic, but they only refill it every other day. I always have to call for extra coffee when staying at the YC during the reduced services. Now the GF is smart. They not only leave lots of coffee pods, I think we had 12 of them, but they are also all regular coffee, no decaf. :)

Does YC have Keurig machines? I thought I saw that they did. Not having enough coffee is always my biggest hotel gripe. But when they have Keurigs or Nesprossos, I always bring a few boxes with me so I never run out. Nothing worse than waking up and realizing you only have decaf left!

I am looking to check in this summer like 9:45a in order to have access to the pool right away at 10a especially with the capacity situation. Has anyone done this? Has anyone had trouble checking in that early to get pool access?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter