• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My friend asked a bartender at Martha's Vineyard.

Unfortunately, trivia was discontinued about a month ago.

I don't know the reason, if it was lack of interest or the change of seasons or something else.

:confused3

Well that's a bummer!! My family really enjoyed the trivia (multiple times) when we were there last Thanksgiving. The questions were nicely balanced for both adults and children. And the dude (forget his name) leading the show was fun and engaging.

If anyone is interested in reading my review, with pictures, of the Sense of Africa tour that my husband and I did on our last day at the Yacht Club it is posted in the AKL thread on page 201, posts 4007, 4009, and 4010.

It was an absolutely fantastic tour that I highly recommend!

I made a fatal-to-my-sleep mistake about 2 years ago. I decided to line up early and grab a table. Now the wife insists we do that every..single...day...!! It's nice to have, but can't I sleep in once in a while? And just to twist the knife, SAB used to be open from 10-11, now it's usually 9-10, so I have to be there by 8:40'ish just to stand there, then sit there with my coffee :coffee: until everyone else decides to finally show up. Admittedly it's not the worst place to hang out (;)), but oh well. It's my bad for entertaining the thought in the first place! :confused3
Oh no!
I’m traveling with an 11 yo and 14 yo who will no doubt memorize the pool schedule the second we walk by it and a 2 year old who wakes with military precision at 6:30 AM.
So if anyone at BC needs me to save a spot at the pool on 8/20 or 8/23, I can accept payment in the form of Dole Whips and Mickey bars :tongue::tongue:

So if anyone at BC needs me to save a spot at the pool on 8/20 or 8/23, I can accept payment in the form of Dole Whips and Mickey bars

I don't think they sell dole whips at hurricane hannas anymore so it'll have to be a Mickey bar. Or I can just pay you with my magicband :)

Too bad you're a week ahead of our trip or I'd certainly take the deal at least once or twice!

Quick question - I am headed to the Beach Club resort in a couple of weeks and will be staying overnight at the Hyatt in the airport since we are arriving late. The next morning we will head to the resort and I wanted thoughts on whether to take the DME or to just UBER to the resort? I plan to go to the parks right after dropping bags at the resort and wanted to maximize time. There are only 3 of us - Thoughts?

Quick question - I am headed to the Beach Club resort in a couple of weeks and will be staying overnight at the Hyatt in the airport since we are arriving late. The next morning we will head to the resort and I wanted thoughts on whether to take the DME or to just UBER to the resort? I plan to go to the parks right after dropping bags at the resort and wanted to maximize time. There are only 3 of us - Thoughts?
If maximizing your time is your main objective then the answer is UBER. Plan on 60 - 90 minutes with DME. Our experience with DME from MCO to the Epcot resorts primarily has had BC as the 3rd stop, usually [but not always] MCO ---> CBR ----> BW ----> BC -----> YC. On one rare occasion we went to POFQ first and then BW, BC, YC. It's based on passenger flow and resort destination so results will vary!

We take an early flight into Orlando, usually landing between 9 and 9:30 am. We always take the Magical Express and usually get to the resort in less than an hour after getting down to the ME bus area. The buses leave approximately twenty minutes apart in the morning and the ride is about 35-40 minutes. Usually the bus will do a quick drop off at each of the resorts before heading to the BC.

You might be able to save 20 minutes by taking an Uber, but the ME buses are pretty much on a regular schedule in the mornings, so I think I would only consider taking one when it is a time when there aren't a lot of travelers. And to tell you the truth, I don't feel comfortable taking a taxi service like Uber. I have no problems with Mears, though.

We take an early flight into Orlando, usually landing between 9 and 9:30 am. We always take the Magical Express and usually get to the resort in less than an hour after getting down to the ME bus area. The buses leave approximately twenty minutes apart in the morning and the ride is about 35-40 minutes. Usually the bus will do a quick drop off at each of the resorts before heading to the BC.

You might be able to save 20 minutes by taking an Uber, but the ME buses are pretty much on a regular schedule in the mornings, so I think I would only consider taking one when it is a time when there aren't a lot of travelers. And to tell you the truth, I don't feel comfortable taking a taxi service like Uber. I have no problems with Mears, though.
We took the ME when we landed at 10:45 pm and we barely waited before it left. We’ve always had good luck with ME because we always show up right when the bus is about to leave. I’m not sure if that is a normal experience that late at night

Just thinking...if we book Yacht Club garden view - do those views have rooms with king beds? What about views of the wedding gazebo - first, are those considered garden view and second, do any of those have a king bed room?

We've never requested a room with a king bed, maybe we'll try it!

Just thinking...if we book Yacht Club garden view - do those views have rooms with king beds? What about views of the wedding gazebo - first, are those considered garden view and second, do any of those have a king bed room?

I’m not sure about the king bed, but I do know that some garden view rooms have views of the gazebo because we had one last month. I posted some room views on this thread. With the gazebo view you should also get some view of Crescent Lake.

We had a king bed room in our garden view room at the Yacht Club. It was facing the wedding chapel area. Here is a link to it in the Yacht Club room views threads:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/page-4#post-52433062

It was a ground floor room and the first one in the hallway closest to the elevator. It was super convenient but it did smell a little musty due to the heavy September rains that they had just before we arrived. The room has been refurbed since we were there.

Thank you both @Wood Nymph and @disny_luvr!

I will say I was just looking at the room view thread and saw a gazebo garden view with a king bed, all you saw was a bush! :p I'll have to think about this.
The garden view rooms at Yacht Club do seem to have nicer views than the Beach Club garden view we had (some trees), but probably luck of the draw.

We had a king bed room in our garden view room at the Yacht Club. It was facing the wedding chapel area. Here is a link to it in the Yacht Club room views threads:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/page-4#post-52433062

It was a ground floor room and the first one in the hallway closest to the elevator. It was super convenient but it did smell a little musty due to the heavy September rains that they had just before we arrived. The room has been refurbed since we were there.

I didn’t even know this thread existed. I just added a pic of the room we had at the YC. Thank you!

Thank you both @Wood Nymph and @disny_luvr!

I will say I was just looking at the room view thread and saw a gazebo garden view with a king bed, all you saw was a bush! :p I'll have to think about this.
The garden view rooms at Yacht Club do seem to have nicer views than the Beach Club garden view we had (some trees), but probably luck of the draw.

I just added my room views to the thread, in case you’re interested.

So funny we are doing exactly same thing next week! Staying at Hyatt then we plan on jumping dme in am. We’ll drop bags at BC then head to MK.

Wow, thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into creating this informational thread!

Our family is so excited to stay at BC next year! We debated between BC and POFQ (for cost reasons, obviously), but I have dreamt of our family staying at BC for forever, so we're doing it! Please tell me all the amazing benefits of staying there vs. POFQ :D:flower1::yay::daisy:

I don't think they sell dole whips at hurricane hannas anymore so it'll have to be a Mickey bar. Or I can just pay you with my magicband :)

Too bad you're a week ahead of our trip or I'd certainly take the deal at least once or twice!

Did they ever sell them at Hurricane Hanna's?! Did I miss a Dole Whip opportunity at some point?! I have a serious Dole Whip problem. A Mickey Bar or two goes a long way as currency. WHY do they taste so good?!

I should put the kids to work all week saving chairs- they'd probably make enough for something they can't live without at the gift shop.

Wow, thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into creating this informational thread!

Our family is so excited to stay at BC next year! We debated between BC and POFQ (for cost reasons, obviously), but I have dreamt of our family staying at BC for forever, so we're doing it! Please tell me all the amazing benefits of staying there vs. POFQ :D:flower1::yay::daisy:

Restaurants

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter