Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It was awful. After fireworks we dropped off at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht and BC last. We waited 45 min for the bus and it took over an hour once we were on the bus to drop everyone off. I wish we would’ve walked back. It wasn’t as bad on the way TO HS. We did wait a while for the bus to come though.

I wonder if there is a dedicated BWI bus that would be faster. Then, it's either a short walk to BC/YC or a quick ride on the FriendShip boat to the YC dock.

Not sure where to post this question...We are staying at YC with an AP discount but are also DVC members. Can we use the DVC laundry at BC villas for free since we are DVC members?. Need to know how many clothes to pack!! Thanks.

I doubt it, but either way that's a really, really, really (!!) long way to schlep your laundry. I think I'd pay the few bucks and use the YC even if that were a possibility.

We had a reservation at the AKL from August 17-31 that we wanted to cancel, because we've heard there were construction work planned during that time.

We wanted to switch to the YC, and now… I've been reading about the construction work at the SAB, and the possible pool closure. It seems Disney has not yet started officially communicating on it (nothing on the web site shows yet), would you believe there is a slightest chance our trip would be impacted?

I've also emailed DSS and let you know if they reply something useful.

Page 1216

I just emailed Guest Services to see if I could get any info on the partial pool closure/Cabana installation. I will post here if/when I hear anything back. We have a BC stay booked for Aug 10-18.

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Thanks for your attempts to get info about the cabana installation timeline.

:thumbsup2

We'll stay at the Yacht Club! I said. We'll rent a Boston Whaler and drive it around! I said. I want to do the Pirate Adventure Cruise! DS said.
:badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

So sorry to hear about the disruption of the plans for your trip!

:(

We were at American Adventure when this rash of storms came through. Lightening was coming at us from all directions.

WOW!!!

:welcome: to the thread.

That is an electrifying debut post!

How long was the lightning striking? Were you trapped at the American Adventure?

:scared1:

Not sure where to post this question...We are staying at YC with an AP discount but are also DVC members. Can we use the DVC laundry at BC villas for free since we are DVC members?. Need to know how many clothes to pack!! Thanks.

Being a DVC member myself, I understand why you'd want to use the BCV machines. BCV is my home but if I'm staying at another resort, I can't use SAB. It would not be fair to the guests staying at the BCV that need those machines to have others using them. There are only two and if everyone at YC and BC started using them, they would never be open to the villa guests. I've had quite a few late night sessions at BCV because I couldn't get a washing machine fast enough.

Page 1217

We just got back from the YC Sunday. We had room 2137, a king room, and it was steps away from the elevator and the stairs to the main lobby. We loved it. Quiet and a descent view of the lake. I agree it's less hectic that the BC.

Thanks for the info about your room. Do you happen to have a picture of the room view that you can post here or email to me beachclubdee at yahoo.

:thumbsup2

I apologize if this has already been answered before (1217 pages, wow!) - we’re staying at Yacht Club this summer, family of three. We’ve booked a standard queen room. I always like to request decent room beforehand (close to lobby/pool/transport). Can anyone recommend a specific room number at YC for the standard queen? Touringplans didn’t recommend any of them so my usual tool wasn’t helpful!

Thank you for any help!

:welcome: to this huge thread!

When is your trip?

Lots of pages here but most of the important info is on Page 1, which I try to keep updated with current news.

As others have indicated, our recommendation is to request what you want in words rather than specific room numbers since that will let the room assigner know what properties are important to you. Add a request for "Room close to lobby/pool/transportation, please" by calling Disney Central Reservations Office. Your travel agent will have to do that if you booked that way.

::yes::

Do BC and YC always share to go to AK and MK? Is Boardwalk ever shared with these two? I want to go in Dec but I have two young kids and would like to not be stuck on a bus any longer than we have to. Not sure if there’s even really any distinguishable difference in BC or BW service at all so any input would be appreciated :)

:welcome:

Let us know if you book a stay at this resort.

BC and YC share buses to the theme parks. BW does not usually share a bus going to AK or MK, but could for Downtown Disney and the Magical Express/Tragical Depress.

:goodvibes

Quick update now that we are back from our first time staying at the YC. WOW

On checkin we where informed we received a "Magical Upgrade" (the first one we have ever received). We had booked a Garden view with 2 queen beds. We received a Lake View on the first floor. Room 1161 to be specific. The room was stunning and the view was wonderful. We made use of the patio a number of times to unwind and watch the world go by. The new upgrades to the YC rooms now have made them our fav on property!

These room upgrades are simply put where very smartly designed. So much space to put things away and hide the suitcases. The pillows where not my fav but they worked fine. And the shower... oh my. I need that shower at home lol. Only complaint we had was we normally turn the fan on for the AC to provide white noise, it keeps going to Auto it seems every hour. I have to say this remodel alone will bring us to YC more.

We used the pool far more than expected and truly loved it vs the other places we have stayed (including The Grand). We can see now why they had to go to the Magic Band system for letting people in. Only negative with the pool was a rude bartender who served everyone in front of us, then everyone seated, then went back to check on some seated guests, then one person who popped into a empty chair area before coming back to us some 15 min latter while being funny and nice to everyone. She gave us the "fine I will get your drink" attitude when we finally ordered our 3 drinks, then immediately back to being nice to everyone else. I have no idea why since it was my first time at the bar and did not say anything after she went on to help others after she stopped serving the line when I was next. *shrugs* Other pool bar tenders later on where great.

We enjoyed Ale & Compass Restaurant a lot. The Ale & Compass Lounge was also fun but due to a few conferences at the YC it was packed and loud.

All in all. The Grand will still be my special home away from home, but I think the Yacht Club will be my go to resort due to our love of Epcot.

Photo of room view on this tweet of mine: https://twitter.com/wiredforflight/status/996835876599746560

Oh and the lighting strike and fire alarm just added to the excitement lol

Thanks again for your detailed room info. I finally had a chance to look at the pictures of your view. WOW!!!

Any chance you could post them here or email to me at beachclubdee at yahoo.

Many thanks!

:thanks:

Can’t wait to go home to BC...DVC Studio July 7-10. Then we move to AKL Kidani for a week.
It ‘s gonna be a great 10 nights...can’t wait to try out Stormalong Bay!!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Does anyone know if 'into the Fall' for the pool construction includes Thanksgiving week?

:welcome: to posting on the thread.

We don't have official dates for the cabana construction at this point.

:)

We just got back. DO NOT TAKE THE BUS FROM HS AFTER FIREWORKS. It took over an hour bc of all the construction in the parking lot. The busses had to share lanes with all the cars. No separate lane. We also waited 45 for a bus. I’m sure it was bc the parking lot was a mess. Just walk back. Even if your feet hurt. Trust me!
Thank you VERY much for that info!!! I've been wondering about the bus situation since we're there in 2 1/2 weeks!

We just got back. DO NOT TAKE THE BUS FROM HS AFTER FIREWORKS. It took over an hour bc of all the construction in the parking lot. The busses had to share lanes with all the cars. No separate lane. We also waited 45 for a bus. I’m sure it was bc the parking lot was a mess. Just walk back. Even if your feet hurt. Trust me!

Thanks for the heads up on your experience there. We have walked by the bus stop area after HS closed on our way to the BC/YC walking path, and saw the mass of people and other mayhem at the bus stops. No Bueno! And that didn't include buses from HS to BC/YC since the boats were running at that time.

I agree to avoid having to us the bus from HS after the fireworks/park close if at all possible!

:eek:

Being a DVC member myself, I understand why you'd want to use the BCV machines. BCV is my home but if I'm staying at another resort, I can't use SAB. It would not be fair to the guests staying at the BCV that need those machines to have others using them. There are only two and if everyone at YC and BC started using them, they would never be open to the villa guests. I've had quite a few late night sessions at BCV because I couldn't get a washing machine fast enough.
I think if someone carries laundry all thr way from YC, though, there should be some sort of reward! :laughing: That's quite a haul for basically a free dole whip in savings!!

:wave:Venturing into new territory! The Grand has always been our home away from home, but the kids have been wanting to try SAB so we are booked at the YC for 3 nights in June!! We really just want to just relax and enjoy the resort. Do you enjoy the planned activities at the resort or pool (movie night, games etc.) and do you know where I could find an activity list? Such a friendly bunch here - I'm enjoying reading the thread!

Agree with this. We own dvc at BCV and since there are only 2 washers and dryers it really would be unfair for hotel guests to use them. Also quite a schlep just to save a couple dollars.

Hi Everyone! My GF and I just upgraded our Oct trip to the BC from POFQ and we couldn't be more excited. We have also been debating adding the Deluxe Dining Plan as well as we have a lot of Signature ADRs booked and think we'll be able to use all the snack credits at F&W.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on getting the best value out of the DDP when it comes to breakfast around BC/YC. Unfortunately we do not have any PPO ADRs at this point. My thinking is to try and grab breakfast at Ale & Compass every morning at 7:30 when it first opens. A sit down breakfast with a bloody mary would cost the same amount as grabbing a QS breakfast sandwich on the DDP. I also read somewhere that Trattoria Al Forno takes walk ups for non-character breakfasts.

Has anyone tried the breakfast at either of these locations that can comment on how quickly the service moves along? As this is my first trip to Disney in about 15 years and we only have 3 day base tickets, we would like to get to the parks for Rope Drop. Do you think we would have any issue finishing a breakfast and getting to MK, Epcot, or AK in time for RD as long as there is no EMM hours scheduled?

We are at Yacht Club in a couple of weeks, June 9-16 if you want to add us to the list! We were originally supposed to be at Riverside, but snagged a great rate about two weeks ago for only $200 more than Riverside was going to cost us. DS6 is super excited about Stormalong Bay. Have a great week everyone!

Agree with this. We own dvc at BCV and since there are only 2 washers and dryers it really would be unfair for hotel guests to use them. Also quite a schlep just to save a couple dollars.
Two washers and two dryers only? Uggghh.

Two washers and two dryers only? Uggghh.

Yes, but it is only used by the people in the studios. All one and two bedrooms have a W/D in the villa.
Though I do agree there should be at least one more of each in the laundry room. I hate it when one person uses both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter