Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sounds amazing! We are staying at the YC Sept 16-21; its our first time at an Epcot resort. It made sense for us since we are going for F&W. Its just DH and I, so the "less crazy, quiet feel" will work for us. I'm really excited about the pool as well, since we generally do Disney at a slower pace nowadays, and will have some downtime.

It’ll be perfect for you guys! You’re going to LOVE it!

Worth noting - the quiet pools opened earlier than SAB and nice tables with umbrellas - I saw a few couples eating an early breakfast out there and it looked nice and relaxing (I have 2 little kids so that wasn’t happening for us!). Have a great trip!!

Who closes the best pool at Disney in August/September? Wouldn't January/February be a better time for renos?

It better be open for our October trip. DH insisted we stay at BC even though the only available discount was for BW...
I feel your pain! They closed the Poly volcano pool starting in Aug for Renos ugh. We switched to GF. No way I’m going without main pool in Aug! I thought the same thing. Why Aug and not wait till cooler weather?

So is the pool renovation for certain? And if so, does anyone have any confirmed info about what areas will be affected, or which dates the changes will be taking place?

I just switched from AKL yesterday to Beach Cmub because of their pool renos now SABis being renovated! I can’t win! Does anyone have any more information? We’re supposed to be there from Sept 3-10.

So is the pool renovation for certain? And if so, does anyone have any confirmed info about what areas will be affected, or which dates the changes will be taking place?

:welcome: to the thread!

:cool1:

I just switched from AKL yesterday to Beach Cmub because of their pool renos now SABis being renovated! I can’t win! Does anyone have any more information? We’re supposed to be there from Sept 3-10.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:goodvibes

I am trying to get info about the cabana installation/partial pool closure. So far, I have not seen anything official on Disney or popular blog sites. Only reference I have seen was from the OP on the AKL thread who said it had been posted on a travel agent site. I have asked my TA friends if they have any info. A friend who is at the resort said she would ask CMs during her stay.

As soon as I have any info, I will post it here!

:fish:

Last edited:
Page 1203-1204

To screenshot from your mac go here: Finder > Applications > Grab. Choose the Capture menu that now shows up on the menu bar at the top of your screen and choose wether you want to screenshot a selection, a window or the screen.

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for the helpful info!

Checking in to BC tomorrow! :cool1: Just popping in to say thank you to all of the regular posters and especially Dee for making this thread such a wealth of info. This is our first visit in over a decade to WDW and very first stay at BC! We’ll definitely check-in post-trip with some pics of our room and view.

Sorry it has taken me so long to thank you for the kind comments. I hope you had an awesome stay!

:thumbsup2

We also switched from AKL. We are now doing a split stay, 3 nights at POFQ followed but 4 nights at BC (October 20th-24th). The more I’ve looked into BC, the more excited I am to stay there!

I am trying to get info about the cabana installation/partial pool closure. So far, I have not seen anything official on Disney or popular blog sites. Only reference I have seen was from the OP on the AKL thread who said it had been posted on a travel agent site. I have asked my TA friends if they have any info. A friend who is at the resort said she would ask CMs during her stay.

As soon as I have any info, I will post it here!

From the TA site:

Stormalong Bay Pool
A very small portion of Stormalong Bay Pool will be closed in order to make way for new cabanas. The remainder of the area will remain in full operation. During this time, it is possible that Guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am.

Mid-August – Fall 2018

I'm all for cabanas. It will be interesting to see exactly where they place them and how many there are. By the kiddie area would be great for young families but I'd probably be in the market for a more relaxing cabana experience. I also think it can be hard enough to find a lounge chair some afternoons so I wonder what this will do as far as that goes. But overall love to see improvements at my favorite resort!

Yep
We also switched from AKL. We are now doing a split stay, 3 nights at POFQ followed but 4 nights at BC (October 20th-24th). The more I’ve looked into BC, the more excited I am to stay there!
We were originally booked for CBR and for a few reasons (mainly that the construction won’t be finished) we switched to AKL. We were so excited to stay there and I was so disappointed by the pool closure, but I’ve always wanted to stay at BC and never really thought it was in the cards. It’s gorgeous by to be a different trip than AKL but, I’m so excited about walking to Epcot!

So, in the biggest last minute resort changers ever, we've just switched from BC to YC for our upcoming trip. We check in Friday, and I'm a bit amazed with myself that I flip-flopped so late. :-) A YC passholder rate standard view room finally opened up, so the price is even the same. We've stayed at BC a ton, and BCV once, but never YC. And we've got reservations at BC for a F&W trip in October, and as part of our split stay over Christmas, so if I regret the change we'll be okay.

So reassure me...is YC really as good as BC? The recent renovations did a good job? I know there are more full balconies, but how about king rooms? Are king rooms more common because YC has more conventions?

Thoughts?

We just got back from the YC Sunday. We had room 2137, a king room, and it was steps away from the elevator and the stairs to the main lobby. We loved it. Quiet and a descent view of the lake. I agree it's less hectic that the BC.

Page 1203-1204
:welcome: to the thread and thanks for the helpful info!

Thank you. I've never stayed at the resort, but I'm considering upgrading to BC when I get some more money coming through if I can find a room at a reasonable price. Right now though they only have club level rooms available and that's too pricey for us. But I keep checking though as I know rooms sometimes becomes available. I've already swapped from CBR to POFQ to avoid the construction they're doing there.

I apologize if this has already been answered before (1217 pages, wow!) - we’re staying at Yacht Club this summer, family of three. We’ve booked a standard queen room. I always like to request decent room beforehand (close to lobby/pool/transport). Can anyone recommend a specific room number at YC for the standard queen? Touringplans didn’t recommend any of them so my usual tool wasn’t helpful!

Thank you for any help!

Here is the info one of my agent friends found on a TA website:

Stormalong Bay Pool
A very small portion of Stormalong Bay Pool will be closed in order to make way for new cabanas. The remainder of the area will remain in full operation. During this time, it is possible that Guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am.
Mid-August – Fall 2018

I think I posted sometime last summer about the proposed location of the cabanas. I'll search for that post and edit my reply when I find it.

ETA: I just got home and I see someone posted this on the previous page.

EETA: I looked as the discussion from last summer (July 2017, starting around page 940 or so), and I think the proposed location was near the shallow, sand-bar kiddie area of Stormalong Bay, but I haven't seen anything official about the location, how many they are putting in, cost, etc.

cabana arial.jpg

cabana location.jpg

Last edited:
I know you can get bed bugs anywhere and disney is diligent about that sort of thing. But I do not really like the idea of putting my luggage under the bed that was why i was hoping to be able to put them in the closet

Would Bell Services hold your empty cases for you? That way you'd have no need to worry :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter