Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to update about our room location at BRV. It was truly awful. It was at the end of a very long hall. The view was hands down the worst I’ve ever had at Disney. It overlooked the service entrance winch is where the dirty linen carts are stored. That being said, the staff at WL more than made up for the room shortcomings. My dd wasn’t feeling well and they were able to get us a room early. They really went above and beyond making sure she was well. Fantastic CM’s!
View attachment 607915View attachment 607916View attachment 607917View attachment 607918

We are checking into the Wilderness Lodge on Sunday. We haven't stayed here since August, 2019. I can't wait to see the remodeled resort rooms. :)

Let me know if you have anything you want me to check out when I'm there. :)

I'd love to see the October activities schedule. We'll be there later in the month

I'd love to see the October activities schedule. We'll be there later in the month
We are checking out on Sept 30th, so I don't think we will see the October schedule.

Boats to contemporary running yet?
They aren't running the resort boat that goes to/from Contemporary and Ft Wilderness yet.

We went to Ft Wilderness last night for dinner at Trail's End and there was a bus waiting at the Settlement bus stop to bring us back to the WL.

The former trail to Ft Wilderness that began near the bus area is all overgrown. There is no way they can bring that back. There have been too many changes to the area where the path came in at the pony stables. There is now a huge stable, which is gorgeous. And a large area of land has been fenced off for the Reflections DVC resort that has been put on hold.

They aren't running the resort boat that goes to/from Contemporary and Ft Wilderness yet.
I've always assumed they won't start that back up until they reopen at least two of their signature dining experiences: Hoop-De-Doo, Artist's Point, California Grill.

As things stand now, they are not really encouraging resort hopping otherwise, and they don't make a lot of money getting folks to the Fort if they can't sell 'em tickets to Hoop-De-Doo!

I've always assumed they won't start that back up until they reopen at least two of their signature dining experiences: Hoop-De-Doo, Artist's Point, California Grill.

As things stand now, they are not really encouraging resort hopping otherwise, and they don't make a lot of money getting folks to the Fort if they can't sell 'em tickets to Hoop-De-Doo!
I agree that they won't bring back the resort boat until Hoop Dee Doo and Artist Point are open again.

We went to Ft Wilderness last night for dinner at Trail's End and there was a bus waiting at the Settlement bus stop to bring us back to the WL.

The former trail to Ft Wilderness that began near the bus area is all overgrown. There is no way they can bring that back. There have been too many changes to the area where the path came in at the pony stables. There is now a huge stable, which is gorgeous. And a large area of land has been fenced off for the Reflections DVC resort that has been put on hold.

How was your dinner at Trail's End?

I have to update about our room location at BRV. It was truly awful. It was at the end of a very long hall. The view was hands down the worst I’ve ever had at Disney. It overlooked the service entrance winch is where the dirty linen carts are stored. That being said, the staff at WL more than made up for the room shortcomings. My dd wasn’t feeling well and they were able to get us a room early. They really went above and beyond making sure she was well. Fantastic CM’s!
View attachment 607915View attachment 607916View attachment 607917View attachment 607918

Just curious, what type of room? We're booked for a deluxe studio and more concerned about the distance than the view. We've had the loading dock/smokehouse view in the Lodge more times than I can count. Thanks

Just chatted online with a cast member about the boats. He says they're running to Contemporary but I think he might have been in the process of training and is incorrect. Is anyone there now to confirm?

We were at Wilderness Lodge from Sunday, Sept 26 to Thursday, Sept 30. We were in a nature view room on the ground floor - room 1020. Our room was ready when we arrived around 11am and I loved the location. I never thought that I would have liked having a ground floor room, but this was great. We were halfway between Roaring Forks and the exit door to the pools and boat dock.

We had two queen beds and a tub/shower combo. The patio was great and didn't feel cramped or dark at all. We had to leave the sliding doors closed to keep out the ducks, but we enjoyed sitting outside. It felt very private because of the pond between our room and the cabins on the other side of the pond.

Room 1020 - interior

room 1020 1.JPEG

room 1020 view 1.JPEG

shelf on left.JPEG
shelf on right.JPEG
two queens.JPEG
nightstand.JPEG
tub shower combo.JPEG
two sinks.JPEG
trash container.JPEGroom 1020 2.JPEG

Room 1020 - views

room 1020 view 2.JPEG

room 1020 view 3.JPEGroom 1020 view 4.JPEG

WL outside view of room 1020.jpeg

View from outside - room 1020 circled in yellow

limited toiletries.JPEG

Toiletries - they have the pump dispensers attached to the shower wall. They were body wash, shampoo and conditioner. They only had a bar of soap and hand lotion on the sink. I asked for a shower cap and they bought some to me.

We were at Wilderness Lodge from Sunday, Sept 26 to Thursday, Sept 30. We were in a nature view room on the ground floor - room 1020. Our room was ready when we arrived around 11am and I loved the location. I never thought that I would have liked having a ground floor room, but this was great. We were halfway between Roaring Forks and the exit door to the pools and boat dock.

We had two queen beds and a tub/shower combo. The patio was great and didn't feel cramped or dark at all. We had to leave the sliding doors closed to keep out the ducks, but we enjoyed sitting outside. It felt very private because of the pond between our room and the cabins on the other side of the pond.

Room 1020 - interior
Now you're making me tempted to change our room request for November! We stayed in a first floor room in CCV once and at the time I was disappointed. I then realized how convenient it was to just walk straight out to everything and not worry about elevators/lots of stairs. The view from your first floor room is nice. Now I need to decide if I should change my request!

Now you're making me tempted to change our room request for November! We stayed in a first floor room in CCV once and at the time I was disappointed. I then realized how convenient it was to just walk straight out to everything and not worry about elevators/lots of stairs. The view from your first floor room is nice. Now I need to decide if I should change my request!
I definitely would not want a courtyard view room on the ground floor. There wouldn't be any privacy for those rooms.

Our room was in a very quiet location. You couldn't hear the people walking outside. You could hear people in the hall, but there weren't too many of them.

We checked out the trail to Fort Wilderness, which is currently closed for refurbishment.

WL trail closed.jpeg

We didn't get any closer to this spot, since the sign had a scary message about no photos and no trespassing.
The trail is all overgrown. But another sign did say that it was closed for refurbishment, which I assume means not forever. And there is the beginning of a paved trail leading from the new horse stables to the end of the old trail.

Last edited:
We checked out the trail to Fort Wilderness, which is currently closed for refurbishment.

View attachment 609709

We didn't get any closer to this spot, since the sign had a scary message about no photos.
The trail is all overgrown. But another sign did say that it was closed for refurbishment, which I assume means not forever. And there is the beginning of a paved trail leading from the new horse stables to the end of the old trail.
Thank you for the update. It seems that there's hope for the future of a new trail. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter