• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

HMMM...Is that all there is?? Oh well. glad they kept the nice headboards anyway. I usually take my own toiletries so
that doesn't bother me too much. Must remember to bring soap with is a bit of a pain. My real hope was a change in the mattresses

We stayed in the old rooms one last time over New Year's. Our first stay in that room "generation" was late January 2011, right after the previous refurb. We'll stay somewhere else for son's 7th birthday in October.....Is this mic on? :)

We'll be staying at POFQ for the first time next Jan. (2019). I don't know if they've been this color for a while, but I love the shade of green on the walls.

Quick question...

Does anyone know if the pillows and bedding are feather or if they are artificial? If they are feather, can you request different ones? I am allergic to feathers so sleeping in bedding filled with them is not a good time.

Quick question...

Does anyone know if the pillows and bedding are feather or if they are artificial? If they are feather, can you request different ones? I am allergic to feathers so sleeping in bedding filled with them is not a good time.
I don't remember ever encountering a feather pillow at POFQ. I am sensitive to such things as well!

So we arrived this afternoon and got exactly what I had requested--building 2, connecting room with the grandparents! Currently only the 3rd floor of building 2 is open for guests, and officially the lower flowers are closed but we were told if we need to cut through to reach the elevator of ice machine or whatever that would be fine, since no major work is happening.

We haven't stayed here before so I can't compare it to anything else, but I love that it feels fresh and clean. Very happy so far.

I don't have any photos, everything looks exactly as pictured above, but if folks have specific questions or photo requests let me know and I'll see what I can do.

So we arrived this afternoon and got exactly what I had requested--building 2, connecting room with the grandparents!

We haven't stayed here before so I can't compare it to anything else, but I love that it feels fresh and clean. Very happy so far.

Hooray! I am so pleased for you. Enjoy your trip. 15 more sleeps and we'll be there ourselves.

I will say, I actually like the new rooms. They look to be clean, refreshing, and bright without being too much. The small details still keep the theme of the resort, but in a way that is not overwhelming. It's perfect for a nice relaxing place to rest after a long day in the parks and all of that stimulation. Nice to have a quiet and calm place to go back to.

I will say, I actually like the new rooms. They look to be clean, refreshing, and bright without being too much. The small details still keep the theme of the resort, but in a way that is not overwhelming. It's perfect for a nice relaxing place to rest after a long day in the parks and all of that stimulation. Nice to have a quiet and calm place to go back to.

Agreed! I'll be there for Disneymoon in October- November. Excited for the refresh. I'm glad they got rid of the carpet.

I find the refurb underwhelming, too. Are there any Disney touches at all? At the BC there are Mickey heads on the shower curtain. Can you find anything like that here?

I typically take my own shampoo and conditioner and I guess now I'll be taking a few bars of soap. I will not be using that stuff that everyone else who's stayed in room had access to.
They are still providing bar soap. I though sure I saw it in bathroom sink photo.

Boo, I always like that I can save room & weight in luggage and leave my shampoo & conditioner home. I am not happy with this move to wall mounted shared toiletries.

Yes, good idea. I’m going to try on in store for fit/size then look on amazon.

LOL I know I'm late to the flip flop discussion, but for travel, I just pack a couple of pairs of the flip flops like the ones that they give out at the salon after a pedicure. You can buy them new for about a dollar a pair, from Amazon (just search for "pedicure flip flops).

I take a pair (or two or three - they pack flat, in a gallon zip lock bag) and then throw them away at the end of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter