Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks! With the 2018 dining plan you have to order the specialty drink with the counter service meal. I saw a post that the beer and wine were added at some of the value resort food courts, for instance. I wondered if anything new was added here for 2018? Especially shakes or floats for the kids?
They have beer and wine available at the food court. We don't have the dining plan so I'm not sure about non-alcoholic specialty drinks, though. I will try to check when we're over there soon!

OOOOOH as long as the ceiling fans aren't gone! Thanks for sharing the photos. :) I like the flooring much more. I agree, this simplifies checking for pests/cleanliness in a room.

They definitely opened some rooms at POFQ, although most are gone already! I'm arriving 3/7 and POFQ wasn't available, and I've been checking. We've decided to keep our room at POR since we've never stayed there. I saw a garden room available for my dates, and now it's gone. Only River view available now.

They definitely opened some rooms at POFQ, although most are gone already! I'm arriving 3/7 and POFQ wasn't available, and I've been checking. We've decided to keep our room at POR since we've never stayed there. I saw a garden room available for my dates, and now it's gone. Only River view available now.

Yep, have been looking for a pretty long time for the resorts we really wanted for our upcoming dates, and never saw POFQ (or POR) come up . All of a sudden , every room type was available for POFQ ....... and with discounts as well ! We snagged a rare POFQ KING room for March 5-10 with an AP discount too . :woohoo:

Last edited:

I decided late in the game to add a night to my trip and there was nothing left at POR. The plus side is that I’m staying at POFQ for the first time! I’m really excited! Trying to read up on all the refurb news to figure out what building I want to request. It doesn’t look like any building is entirely done. I can’t decide if I want to request a refurbed room and have work going on in my building, or stay in the rooms that haven’t been done yet. Has anyone here stayed in a refurbed room yet, and is it noisy or inconvenient?

I decided late in the game to add a night to my trip and there was nothing left at POR. The plus side is that I’m staying at POFQ for the first time! I’m really excited! Trying to read up on all the refurb news to figure out what building I want to request. It doesn’t look like any building is entirely done. I can’t decide if I want to request a refurbed room and have work going on in my building, or stay in the rooms that haven’t been done yet. Has anyone here stayed in a refurbed room yet, and is it noisy or inconvenient?

We haven't been in a newly refurbed room yet, but we have stayed a LOT of nights at POFQ, and so far we have never had a bad room! Because the Resort is so compact, every building seems to have a distinct advantage of it's own... whether it's a perfect pool view, the amazing garden views... and we especially LOVE LOVE LOVE the river view rooms, but we are also big fans of the ride down the Sassagoula to Disney Springs! (River view can be a bit noisy from the honking of the boat horns - it's not music to everyone's ears LOL)

I would recommend trying for a garden view rooms, simply because the views are often just outstanding. You will find that everything is very close at POFQ, and you don't have to walk very far at all to get to anything!

The "old" rooms are still lovely, and I personally prefer that theming a bit more than the refurb (except I do *love* the new floors and the new shower curtains!) I would say leave it up to Lady Luck, and just laissez les bons temps rouler!

Agreed! I'll be there for Disneymoon in October- November. Excited for the refresh. I'm glad they got rid of the carpet.
I agree. I think the upgrades suit my needs to sleep just fine.

For what it’s worth, I don’t mind the new toiletries. More eco-friendly with less packaging and I share soap with others every time I shower at the gym (or wash my hands in a public bathroom for that matter).
Though it was fun to take what was left of those little bottles home and keep some of the magic!

I agree. If the bottles weren't locjed, I would be concerned.

In building 2 (and I assume the same will be true elsewhere) they worked from the top floor down, so when they brought guests back to an unfinished building there was no work above their heads--the main noisy thing would be flooring work, so that makes sense. There was work happening for our whole stay and it didn't disturb us at all. In fact, it meant there were fewer guests in our building which probably made it quieter over all. There were some construction barriers up blocking a few paths, but not the ones we needed to get to the elevator/stairs, and there was cardoboard up in the elevator, but that was it.

The second floor of building two looked ready for guests to me, but they hadn't reopened it when we left this morning. There was a flurry of work there yesterday and then today all the work I could see was on the 1st floor.

They have beer and wine available at the food court. We don't have the dining plan so I'm not sure about non-alcoholic specialty drinks, though. I will try to check when we're over there soon!
@Lisa0620 I had another look around today and there isn't anywhere at the food court that is preparing any shakes or anything like that. The drinks are either in the cold case (beer, wine, juice boxes, milks, etc.) or at the drink station (fountain and hot drinks).

In building 2 (and I assume the same will be true elsewhere) they worked from the top floor down, so when they brought guests back to an unfinished building there was no work above their heads--the main noisy thing would be flooring work, so that makes sense. There was work happening for our whole stay and it didn't disturb us at all. In fact, it meant there were fewer guests in our building which probably made it quieter over all. There were some construction barriers up blocking a few paths, but not the ones we needed to get to the elevator/stairs, and there was cardoboard up in the elevator, but that was it.

The second floor of building two looked ready for guests to me, but they hadn't reopened it when we left this morning. There was a flurry of work there yesterday and then today all the work I could see was on the 1st floor.

Good to know. Maybe I'll just roll the dice and see what they give me.

I guess I agree with you. I'm not understanding what people are upset about with the refillable containers . It doesn't look like they can be opened or tampered with...they look similar to the pump dispensers in every public restroom. What is the issue? I don't understand why they are any more unsanitary than any surface in the room...or the phone or the TV remote (which I always wipe down upon arrival , along with all the doorknobs and light switches ).

Can someone explain the resistance to the refillable bottles to me?
I am not a fan of them and may or may not use them, DW always brings our bathroom amenities with us anyways and I am really the only one that uses the WDW products. A public restroom is totally different then a shower, where they are just washing their hands. I am not worried about tampering, but these are very easy to open. The holder looks like it's made of a cheap chrome plated metal that over time will start peeling and corroding from the shampoo, conditioner and soap remnants. You are now relying on mousekeeping to keep them clean instead of just dropping off new bottles, and sorry to say, but we have not been to impressed with their cleaning for years now. And finally, the one time you step into the shower and reach for the pumps and see a hair stuck to one of them, that may change a few peoples minds.

About the refurb, I am glad that they at least used a color to do an accent wall, and not painting all the walls beige, all-in-all it's okay. It's funny, I use to look forward to the total refurbs, but after seeing the sterile looks that they have been doing at the other resorts I was nervous:) I was hoping for more though.

Last edited:
We used them last fall at Beach Club and always gave the driver tip.... I'm glad they expanded to other resorts and hope that this means they have more cars now.... otherwise, it's going to be difficult to snag one when you really want it.

Wait, you can now get the Lyft codes to activate if staying at POFQ? OMG you just made my day!!!!!

Mine too. I was dreading getting everyone to my 750 Ohana reservation. Hopefully they have enough minnie vans for everyone trying to get to early character breakfasts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter