Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Hey! Anyone know if the bus from Pop to Typhoon Lagoon is direct again this summer like they did last year (instead of the Disney Springs connection?)

--->
Anyone hear anything about the skyliner going down for a brief refurb end of January 2025 ? Starting to hear some rumors about this . We have a pretty big family trip , yep , end of January 2025. Booked 3 rooms at POP for a week , pretty much for Skyliner access , and budget .Glad to hear we wont be affected by the food court refurb , but if the skyliner will be down (just a rumor for now) , we might as well book 3 rooms at the all-stars and save some $$$ . Anyone else hear anything about a skyliner refurb upcoming ?

Anyone hear anything about the skyliner going down for a brief refurb end of January 2025 ? Starting to hear some rumors about this . We have a pretty big family trip , yep , end of January 2025. Booked 3 rooms at POP for a week , pretty much for Skyliner access , and budget .Glad to hear we wont be affected by the food court refurb , but if the skyliner will be down (just a rumor for now) , we might as well book 3 rooms at the all-stars and save some $$$ . Anyone else hear anything about a skyliner refurb upcoming ?
It’s a little early for it to be announced but historically it goes down in Jan for refurbishment so I would anticipate the same in 2025.

If this helps, these are historical dates:

Jan 23-28, 2022
Jan 22-29, 2023
Jan 16-27, 2024

Normally the Pop portion is only closed part of the time but the CBR-Epcot is often closed the full time.

It’s a little early for it to be announced but historically it goes down in Jan for refurbishment so I would anticipate the same in 2025.

If this helps, these are historical dates:

Jan 23-28, 2022
Jan 22-29, 2023
Jan 16-27, 2024

Normally the Pop portion is only closed part of the time but the CBR-Epcot is often closed the full time.
Thanks for the reply ! I guess we should just assume that it IS coming sometime at the end of January . They havent missed a late January reburb in the last 3 years , and it is "transportation" that needs to be safety checked periodically.
Now to decide if we should switch in January to the all stars to save some $$$ , or stick with POP and have a nice new food court , but no skyliner potentially (probably) . We do like POP , but without the skyliner , its basically just another All Star .

Thanks for the reply ! I guess we should just assume that it IS coming sometime at the end of January . They havent missed a late January reburb in the last 3 years , and it is "transportation" that needs to be safety checked periodically.
Now to decide if we should switch in January to the all stars to save some $$$ , or stick with POP and have a nice new food court , but no skyliner potentially (probably) . We do like POP , but without the skyliner , its basically just another All Star .
Just my thoughts but the food court refurb is so brief that I’m not sure how much will change?

The All Star food courts are really nice!

To me it would depend how much of my trip overlapped with probable Skyliner refurb. If it was all dates, the cost savings would be mighty tempting!

Just my thoughts but the food court refurb is so brief that I’m not sure how much will change?

The All Star food courts are really nice!

To me it would depend how much of my trip overlapped with probable Skyliner refurb. If it was all dates, the cost savings would be mighty tempting!
Thanks ,
I have not been following enough to know exactly what kind of food court refurb was happening at POP . Just heard about one being done for 2 -3 months or so , June/July - August/Sept .
Agreed on the All Star food courts . The (Grown) kids all like the All Stars along with the food courts . We may switch to the All Stars to save a few $$$ now . We will be at Disney approx. the last week of January , so I would say there is a high chance of the Skyliner going down during our stay . Just dont know the exact dates quite yet .
I am thinking the "normal" bus situation at the All stars will be better than a "temporary" bus situation at POP .

Thanks ,
I have not been following enough to know exactly what kind of food court refurb was happening at POP . Just heard about one being done for 2 -3 months or so , June/July - August/Sept .
Agreed on the All Star food courts . The (Grown) kids all like the All Stars along with the food courts . We may switch to the All Stars to save a few $$$ now . We will be at Disney approx. the last week of January , so I would say there is a high chance of the Skyliner going down during our stay . Just dont know the exact dates quite yet .
I am thinking the "normal" bus situation at the All stars will be better than a "temporary" bus situation at POP .
I will say Pop buses run very efficiently. We stayed at POP many times (25+) before the Skyliner opened.

One word of caution about the All Star buses is that the 3 resorts can shre buses. I’m not sure if it’s only certain times of the day but there are times when buses will stop at all 3 resorts.

Anybody have any clue what's going on with Pop Century availability for December 1st-7th? Shows no availability at all. The week before during Thanksgiving shows full availability and the week after during Pop Warner is showing full availability as well.

Anybody have any clue what's going on with Pop Century availability for December 1st-7th? Shows no availability at all. The week before during Thanksgiving shows full availability and the week after during Pop Warner is showing full availability as well.
It seems there are 1 or 2 nights that week that are fully booked which means when looking for a longer stretch it can’t be booked. Someone was looking a few weeks ago for similar dates and had the same results.

We are booked for a 1 night room only and then a 7 night package stay in August. Just got an email offering upgrade to CSR or POR for 20/night for the room only portion. Just wondering if I should be expecting one for the package, too? Not sure why they are offering such a sweet deal to move - capacity issues? Any insight or anyone else received an email?

Love Pop, not sure I would want to move, just hoping that it is not due to capacity or whatever...

Just wondering if I should be expecting one for the package, too? Not sure why they are offering such a sweet deal to move - capacity issues?
What day of the week is your 1 day reservation? Maybe a Friday or Saturday by chance? This is normally offered when they are trying to clear blocking rooms to allow for longer stays. I would not expect an (upgrade) offer for your 7 day package. Could it happen yes but not as likely.

For us it would not be an upgrade to move to CSR or POR and lose the Sklyliner and only have a bus option to Epcot and HS. Do you have a park day planed for your (1) day reservation?

Dave

We are booked for a 1 night room only and then a 7 night package stay in August. Just got an email offering upgrade to CSR or POR for 20/night for the room only portion. Just wondering if I should be expecting one for the package, too? Not sure why they are offering such a sweet deal to move - capacity issues? Any insight or anyone else received an email?

Love Pop, not sure I would want to move, just hoping that it is not due to capacity or whatever...
That does not sound like a deal to me. I wouldn’t take it.

What day of the week is your 1 day reservation? Maybe a Friday or Saturday by chance? This is normally offered when they are trying to clear blocking rooms to allow for longer stays. I would not expect an (upgrade) offer for your 7 day package. Could it happen yes but not as likely.

For us it would not be an upgrade to move to CSR or POR and lose the Sklyliner and only have a bus option to Epcot and HS. Do you have a park day planed for your (1) day reservation?

Dave

It is a Friday :) No parks that day - doing DS, which is they ONLY reason I would consider moving to POR for that one night - I love that boat ride :)

Am I reading this correctly? Disney wants upgrade you from Pop to CSR/POR for one night at $20, then transfer back to POP for the "package" dates?

Yes, they are offering POR, CSR, or AoA for an additional 20 for that one night. And then back to Pop. We love Pop, love the Skyliner, etc. But we would definitely consider moving to a mod or deluxe for the extent of our stay if it was 20/night for the package. Just was not sure if there was jostling going on where I should expect they will try and move our package nights, too..

It is a Friday :) No parks that day - doing DS, which is they ONLY reason I would consider moving to POR for that one night - I love that boat ride :)
Well that explains quite a lot actually. Does your Friday happen to be on Aug. 9th or one of the later Fridays in August. No need to be specific just a Yes or No?

These dates would align with the MSSHP party nights and would explain why Disney is trying to get you to move and free up a Friday night booking. It is also odd that you got a standalone (1) day booking on a Friday night.

You can always ride the Sassagoula river boats during your visit to DS. Maybe a trip from DS to POR for a visit to Scat Cats and beignets.

Dave

Dave
I wonder if they are trying to decrease capacity some due to the food court being renovated during that time. Maybe call and ask if they would extend the offer to include the other 7 days (if you’re interested), never hurts to ask.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest