Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Gonna to be tough for those of us that try to avoid credit card charges and use gift cards or charge to room and pay at front desk.
Those strategies can be tweaked but it's another level of guest impact.
If your gift card has a bar code on it, you can just scan it in the app when you do a mobile order.

If your gift card has a bar code on it, you can just scan it in the app when you do a mobile order.

And if it doesn't have a barcode you can still enter the gc number in the app. Many will keep the number in a notes app on their phone to be able to copy and paste it into the app.

The only thing it affects is not being able to use a magic band.

I just hope the refresh doesn't mean they are going to put freestyle machines in. They'd need too many and I also don't think things taste as good out of one as from the fountains they have now.

--->
Did they say how long the refurbishment will last?
No, that has not been announced nor has an official start or end date.
I just hope the refresh doesn't mean they are going to put freestyle machines in. They'd need too many and I also don't think things taste as good out of one as from the fountains they have now.
I’m one who doesn’t mind the freestyle machines and since that seems to be the way the other refurbished resorts have gone, I’d be surprised if Pop doesn’t do the same.

And if it doesn't have a barcode you can still enter the gc number in the app. Many will keep the number in a notes app on their phone to be able to copy and paste it into the app.

With the Beverage Islands and seating areas remaining open,maybe it is just a refurbishment from the check out registers back through the food stations.

For a full refurb they usually close the whole Food Court.

Time will tell.

I just got the email and popped in to see how it will be. I'm treating my Daughter's family to this trip and I told them all to just go to the food court and use their magic band to pay. Now the kids won't be able to order without an adult using the Mobile Order. Plus I'll need to reimburse them for anything they Mobile Order. :( It does make things a bit harder.

Can you get the refillable mugs from Mobile Order?

We are staying in July and got the email and at the top of the email it says June...
Was there for COVID and hated that process.
Trying to find actual dates and seems to be no concrete info...or exactly how it's going to be...
We have the free dining package too...

We are staying in July and got the email and at the top of the email it says June...
Was there for COVID and hated that process.
Trying to find actual dates and seems to be no concrete info...or exactly how it's going to be...
We have the free dining package too...
I visited during COVID and hated the Mobile Order too.

To help narrow down the dates I'll be there 6/21-7/1 and I got the email.

Yes on the freestyle machines. I hate them. They taste gross and they just create long lines. I wish they'd take them out. They are TERRIBLE.

I would be surprised with it being that long if it didn’t eventually end up being a complete refurbishment.

I would really like to see it updated like many of the other resorts that allow 24 hr access to the drink stations and microwaves. I know there is a pop machine at the pool bar but it would still be nice.

I would be surprised with it being that long if it didn’t eventually end up being a complete refurbishment.

I would really like to see it updated like many of the other resorts that allow 24 hr access to the drink stations and microwaves. I know there is a pop machine at the pool bar but it would still be nice.
Will just be at POP 9/4-6. I didn’t like mobile order at Pop when there a few weeks ago didn’t offer all the options available at order stations and food was served in closed boxes lots of soggy cold fries. I plan to either go over to food court at AOA or use Skyliner to go to Rivera…

I just got the email and popped in to see how it will be. I'm treating my Daughter's family to this trip and I told them all to just go to the food court and use their magic band to pay. Now the kids won't be able to order without an adult using the Mobile Order. Plus I'll need to reimburse them for anything they Mobile Order. :( It does make things a bit harder.

Can you get the refillable mugs from Mobile Order?

You can always give them gift cards to use.

The mugs can be bought on mobile order. Should be able to get it at everything pop too. Normally see some mugs on the low shelves under the register on the right as you go through to the food court.

I’ve read on other threads or forums that WDW is struggling to fill their hotels, but I can’t find availability for Pop for our dates (Dec 3-6).

Annoyingly, if I try to book a longer stay including those dates, they offer rooms.

I’m hoping that as the dates grow closer, they might be more willing to accept a 3-night booking.

I’ve read on other threads or forums that WDW is struggling to fill their hotels, but I can’t find availability for Pop for our dates (Dec 3-6).

Annoyingly, if I try to book a longer stay including those dates, they offer rooms.

I’m hoping that as the dates grow closer, they might be more willing to accept a 3-night booking.
Could you book a longer stay and then modify the dates to match yours? Maybe worth trying that. Good luck!

Could you book a longer stay and then modify the dates to match yours? Maybe worth trying that. Good luck!
I’ve read into it — apparently Disney does not accommodate that, even by phone.

But thank you for offering the idea and for the good luck! :)

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest