• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks so much everyone!

If you see information that is incorrect please let me know and I will update it. Additionally, if there is information you feel would be beneficial for most guests to know, please post it here and I can add it to the threads above. Together we'll make this thread great! :)

Hello!
We have stayed at Pop many times, but not since the skyliner opened. We have also stayed at CBR since the skyliner opened and loved it!
How much time does staying at Pop and using the skyliner add to travel time to HS and Epcot?
What happens when we arrive at CBR and want to transfer, do we have to join the end of the main line or is there a separate transfer que? If anyone knows of a good you tube video of this transfer I’d love to have the link!

Hello!
We have stayed at Pop many times, but not since the skyliner opened. We have also stayed at CBR since the skyliner opened and loved it!
How much time does staying at Pop and using the skyliner add to travel time to HS and Epcot?
What happens when we arrive at CBR and want to transfer, do we have to join the end of the main line or is there a separate transfer que? If anyone knows of a good you tube video of this transfer I’d love to have the link!
It is recommended that your currently arrive at the Skyliner approx 90 mins before park opening if you wish to be some of the first in for rope drop. Unless you are in the first few cabins of the morning then yes, you will normally be asked to join the back of the line at the CBR station. It will add time but moves quickly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much everyone!

If you see information that is incorrect please let me know and I will update it. Additionally, if there is information you feel would be beneficial for most guests to know, please post it here and I can add it to the threads above. Together we'll make this thread great! :)

I'll repeat what everyone is saying - this looks fantastic!

One thing that you might want to add, either to the refillable mugs section or the Petals Pool Bar section is that there is now a refillable mug station out at Petals - no more having to go all the way into the food court in a wet bathing suit to fill up your mug on pool days :)

Hello!

We never stressed about making rope drop in the mornings, but were usually at the Skyliner within an hour of park opening. The waits at Pop were maybe 5 minutes tops in the morning, then they send you to the end at CBR for what was usually a 15-30 minute wait for Epcot or DHS.

There is a CM directing traffic when you get off the Pop line at CBR, just follow what they tell you since the line layout can change depending on the day or even time of day.

I'll repeat what everyone is saying - this looks fantastic!

One thing that you might want to add, either to the refillable mugs section or the Petals Pool Bar section is that there is now a refillable mug station out at Petals - no more having to go all the way into the food court in a wet bathing suit to fill up your mug on pool days :)
Thanks so much! Have you been at Pop lately? At one point the refillable mug station at Petals was closed. Do you know if it has reopened? If so I will add that information for sure.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
Thanks all! We are not really rope drop people, so probably will miss the rush in the morning, but I guess coming back at the end of the night we will see the lines.

Yep I was there for Mother's Day weekend and it was open for use.

Thanks! I have updated the post that discusses refillable mugs and Petals Pool Bar with the information you provided.

I appreciate your help!

Which standard room sections are recommended to be near either the Skyliner or the buses? The "backside" of building 4?

Which standard room sections are recommended to be near either the Skyliner or the buses? The "backside" of building 4?
Those are close but there also are not a lot of standard rooms there. Really, any rooms in buildings 3, 4, 5 and 6 are close to both. If this is your first visit to Pop you will find it's a great size and nothing is too far away.

Buildings 3, 4, 5 and 6 are all close to both but, if you haven't been to Pop you will find it's a reasonable walk from many places in the resort.

I'll echo the bolded. I've stayed in Buildings 1, 5, 6, 7 & 8 before and never found the walk to be annoying. Regarding buildings 7 & 8, the walk to the bus stop was much better once we discovered the walkway around the 90s parking lot.

I echo the statement that this is an easily walked resort with no really bad area to get around. Most people consider the '80s and '90s section to be the worst, but it really is the closest to buses. Just cut through the parking lot!

We did that and it was so fast to get to buses and food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter