Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a combination of sheets and a blanket on the bed, however, my child was complaining of being cold at night, so you may want or need to ask for additional blankets. We didn't find any extra blankets in our renovated room. If you need extra pillows, it seems we had a surplus of those -- I think there was at least eight pillows in the room; we had an extra stack of them each night.
I know during my stay last March, I had to turn up the thermostat at night because I was cold. The blankets in the old rooms were extremely thin. Hoping they are more substantial in the refurbished rooms.

Does Pop century ever get completely booked in the summer?? I just need one night stay there at the end of July before I move to another Disney resort for the rest of my trip. I wonder if I can wait until it get closer to my trip to book.
Yes, there are definitely times when it is completely booked. To be on the safe side I'd recommend booking sooner than later. Better safe than sorry.

I know during my stay last March, I had to turn up the thermostat at night because I was cold. The blankets in the old rooms were extremely thin. Hoping they are more substantial in the refurbished rooms.
We are here now and have the thermostat at 68 and I’m still warm. Our refurbished room has a sheet, then a heavy warm blanket, and another sheet on top. We pushed the warm sheet down to the bottom because it made us too hot.

can anyone tell me which is easier to get to from POP, swan or all star movies?
we are planning a day at kennedy space center and grayline tours picks up at those 2 locations.

I just wanted to update my thoughts on the new rooms and pop overall since this is our first stay here. First, this was our only day to sleep in and we haven’t heard any knocks yet from security for our check. We have the room occupied sign on the outside.

Some of the outlets in our room work off and on. They work one day and not the next which is strange.

A note about the bathroom: when we had the outside door closed you could hear everything but when both doors were closed we couldn’t hear the person in the bathroom.

My last thing is I love the new mattress! It’s so comfortable. I don’t like the pillows though because my head sinks right away making the pillow flat.

can anyone tell me which is easier to get to from POP, swan or all star movies?
we are planning a day at kennedy space center and grayline tours picks up at those 2 locations.
You may want to ask this on the transportation board but I'll try to help.

What time are you being picked up?

To get to Swan you would take a bus from Pop to Hollywood Studios then take a Friendship Boat to Swan.

To get to All Star Movies you would take a bus to either Pop or Hollywood Studios and then a bus from there to ASMovies.

Other options to consider: Minnie Van, taxi or uber.

You may want to ask this on the transportation board but I'll try to help.

What time are you being picked up?

To get to Swan you would take a bus from Pop to Hollywood Studios then take a Friendship Boat to Swan.

To get to All Star Movies you would take a bus to either Pop or Hollywood Studios and then a bus from there to ASMovies.

Other options to consider: Minnie Van, taxi or uber.
we get picked up at 8am,I'm just looking for the shortest distance really. We can use lyft or uber if necessary to get there and take the bus back via Disney springs (dinner)

we get picked up at 8am,I'm just looking for the shortest distance really. We can use lyft or uber if necessary to get there and take the bus back via Disney springs (dinner)
Personally if it were me, I would take some sort of lyft or uber if it's an 8am pickup. You'll be looking for 2 different types of transportation (i.e. 2 buses or bus + boat) if you take Disney transportation and that early in the morning transportation runs less frequently. Better safe than sorry as you don't want to miss your bus.

Does anyone know if any of the pools are open outside regular hours, kind of like swim at your own risk? The pools are only open till 8pm tonight, and id like to get a nighttime swim in?

Sadly no. We find it much more challenging to fit in a swim these days as they're closed by the time we return from the parks.

I’m so surprised! I swear in the past they were open till almost 11pm. I had called earlier to find out the times and even the lady on the line sounded surprised that none of the pools were open past 8pm! Oh well, took a shower instead and in bed now lol.

I’m so surprised! I swear in the past they were open till almost 11pm.
The 11:00 PM close is during "Spring/Summer Season".

The 11:00 PM close "probably" won't start until sometime in April.:)

It will probably "progress" from the 8:00 PM close to a 9:00 PM close to a 10:00 PM close and finally the 11:00 PM close that will probably last into most of September.:)

If you need extra pillows, it seems we had a surplus of those -- I think there was at least eight pillows in the room; we had an extra stack of them each night.

There were SOOOOOOO many pillows! And they seemed to get replenished, like, we took a pile off and stacked them in the closet area, and then we came back that night and they seemed to have bred/duplicated in our absence???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter