Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
They now triple sheet the beds with white linens and there is now a piece of the old comforter fabric (don't know what they call it) across the bottom of the bed. It looks nice!

I love that they did this. Really nice fabric and very comfortable.

My DD and I just spent 4 nights at Pop. 50s section, room 3335, had a nice lake view and we saw Fantasmic and Illuminations fireworks one night.

Hairdryer was still the mounted to the wall type.

Not a bad walk to Classic Hall and bus transportation.

There were large teen groups staying there, but we only saw them on the busses. Then again we only grabbed one meal at Everything Pop. It just wasn't to our taste, so we waited and got breakfast in the parks.

Be prepared for a long, actually the longest, walk to the Pop bus stop at the parks, but once you get there service was pretty good. We waited while 2 other busses filled at Epcot one night, but it was 5 min. between busses at most.

I would stay there again, especially for $60/night. Thanks Orbitz. :)

What's the best way to get from Pop to Whispering Canyon Cafe for a 9:05a breakfast reservation? And what is the best time to leave?

What's the best way to get from Pop to Whispering Canyon Cafe for a 9:05a breakfast reservation? And what is the best time to leave?

I would be out at the bus at 7:45. Take the MK bus and then get the boat over to WL.

Alternatively, take a cab departing POP at 8:30.

i would also take the bus to mk and the boat to wl. we had some early morning adr's and the buses worked well for us.

So excited only another 84 days until we check in at Pop! Even more excited since I managed to get the AP discount :) I've said over $400 Canadian! Plus, I was able to use my US AP to get RPR for $174 rather than $269.

My DD and I just spent 4 nights at Pop. 50s section, room 3335, had a nice lake view and we saw Fantasmic and Illuminations fireworks one night.

Hairdryer was still the mounted to the wall type.

Not a bad walk to Classic Hall and bus transportation.

There were large teen groups staying there, but we only saw them on the busses. Then again we only grabbed one meal at Everything Pop. It just wasn't to our taste, so we waited and got breakfast in the parks.

Be prepared for a long, actually the longest, walk to the Pop bus stop at the parks, but once you get there service was pretty good. We waited while 2 other busses filled at Epcot one night, but it was 5 min. between busses at most.

I would stay there again, especially for $60/night. Thanks Orbitz. :)

$60/night through Orbitz?? What an AMAZING deal!

The commute via buses can be time consuming. I would also recommend driving OR taking a cab/uber if you don't have a car.

$60/night through Orbitz?? What an AMAZING deal!

Booked it in mid-October with a promo code. The total with tax was $71.06 per night.

Definitely a good deal, and the low crowds made for a great trip too.

If you do book though Orbitz, just watch the address when you start getting communication from Disney. For our MagicBands they had picked up the Orbitz office address. Easy enough to change online. We got everything in plenty of time.

I got our park hoppers from AAA and we weren't interested in the dining plan anyway.

Drive yourself, leave at about 8:40. Well, that's what I would do.:)

We won't have a car.

The commute via buses can be time consuming. I would also recommend driving OR taking a cab/uber if you don't have a car.

We'll have DD with us but now her car seat as we're planning on just using Disney transportation. I would be too nervous to get in a cab/uber without one.

i would also take the bus to mk and the boat to wl. we had some early morning adr's and the buses worked well for us.

Thanks

I would be out at the bus at 7:45. Take the MK bus and then get the boat over to WL.

Alternatively, take a cab departing POP at 8:30.

Thank you!

Have you thought about dropping this ADR? We like Whispering Canyon but it's not worth all the time it will take to get there. You could easily be late leaving at 7:45 and the service isn't terribly fast there so you could easily lose a lot of park time plus having to get up early. After 2 2 hour trips from other resorts to WL we only drive or take a cab which doesn't work for you.

Have you thought about dropping this ADR? We like Whispering Canyon but it's not worth all the time it will take to get there. You could easily be late leaving at 7:45 and the service isn't terribly fast there so you could easily lose a lot of park time plus having to get up early. After 2 2 hour trips from other resorts to WL we only drive or take a cab which doesn't work for you.

This will be on our off day so no worries about losing park time, we're just planning to go swimming and maybe hit the mini golf course. Which reminds me I need to figure out how to get there as well. :scratchin

Came back yesterday from a vacation and though we had fun at Ft. Wilderness, I missed Pop!! So excited to go there again this fall :)

Can you buy food and take it to one of the pools for lunch or a snack? I know there is a pool bar, but does that only have drinks? What if we wanted to have lunch or snacks around the pool?

Can you buy food and take it to one of the pools for lunch or a snack? I know there is a pool bar, but does that only have drinks? What if we wanted to have lunch or snacks around the pool?

You can buy food at the food court and eat around the pool. There are tables with umbrellas and chairs for you to sit at. :goodvibes

Thanks! Another way to enjoy some downtime at the pool. DS can swim with a parent and the other can grab us lunch!

How long is the usual time wait for getting your bags back from magical express? Both times I stayed at Wilderness Lodge it was an hour or less. Just thought I ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter