Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Just booked our Polynesian wedding for the first week of March 2022 at Luau Pointe!!! I was considering just eloping... but why not seal the deal at the best place on earth! I was also told that we can have a brunch buffet before the ceremony inside Trader Sam's as long as it ends by 2:00. I am seriously considering it, but am sure our guests will think we have lost our dang tiki minds princess: So, if anyone is around in March I will be the bride toting a Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum instead of a bouquet.
Congratulations!! I was married at Sunset Point in 2000 without the bungalows. Such special and treasured memories. One thing that turned out beyond expectations is the "Cinderella's footman option" who brought extra flair to the event. I don't know if it's still available but worth checking. Your wedding sounds like it will be a fun event. Best wishes.

Congratulations!! I was married at Sunset Point in 2000 without the bungalows. Such special and treasured memories. One thing that turned out beyond expectations is the "Cinderella's footman option" who brought extra flair to the event. I don't know if it's still available but worth checking. Your wedding sounds like it will be a fun event. Best wishes.

That’s awesome!!!! And thank you- we are very excited!

Which, in your opinion, is the best DVC building? We have a studio booked with walk in shower. Can you request a certain building, certain floor, view, etc ...?

Thanks!

I like to Moorea Building, because it's close to the TTC, the beach, and the parking lot. As others said, Tokelau is also good. I did not get my room request this trip, partly because there is a lot of construction going on and 1.5 DVC buildings are out of service.

We checked out of the Poly this morning and are at MCO waiting to fly home. We were in Aotearoa. I really, really liked our room location. It was a standard view, but a nice view.

Attachments

• 00354354-126D-4678-A2EE-5F69568AA169.jpeg
    00354354-126D-4678-A2EE-5F69568AA169.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 9945CF01-98C2-4BC3-AFC9-2C8DA3CB4BFF.jpeg
    9945CF01-98C2-4BC3-AFC9-2C8DA3CB4BFF.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 65
Some thoughts on the Poly. I think the renovations are awesome. There is so much storage space. The shower is nice, too! We had a non-connecting room, which we were happy about, but the noise level in the hall was really loud. Maybe we caught it at a bad week, with other guests that weren’t mindful of their volume, but people were constantly slamming their doors and they were just so loud walking down the hall. I get it. Your at Disney and there are a lot of kids, but we always told our kids from a young age that we aren’t yelling in hallways or running up and down them. It started early and went late, like past midnight. We were two doors down from the elevator, so almost everyone staying on our floor had to walk past our room. Interestingly, before we moved to the Poly, we stayed at the BC, also two rooms away from the main elevator and we heard no one. We kept on commenting on how quiet it was there. My husband hated the mattress; thought it was too hard. I loved it!

Mousekeeping was like clockwork - they came every other day and switched out our towels and emptied the trash.

We didn’t mind the monorail station being closed. We actually really loved riding the boat, something we never did before since we always rode the monorail.

We ate at ‘Ohana for my birthday dinner and we all liked it. It’s different from before, but certainly not bad. Our server, Houda, was amazing!

We really thought this would be our last Disney trip for awhile, but we had so much fun, we plan to return again in 2023! For all of you with trips soon, I hope they are great!

We're coming on Wednesday and have been wondering about crowds at Lava and Oasis... have they been very peopley mid day? lol How about the slide line? All my kids want to do is swim..
Only been to Oasis pool, mainly for convenience (staying in Tokelau).
We swim mostly at night & hasn't been crowded the past few days.
Mid-day today at Oasis was tame - decent amount of people but plenty of empty chairs. Oasis bar seating was mostly empty ... then thunder & everyone out of the pool (~2pm).
Was almost empty when we walked by a few minutes ago.

We're coming on Wednesday and have been wondering about crowds at Lava and Oasis... have they been very peopley mid day? lol How about the slide line? All my kids want to do is swim..

We just left this morning. The main pool is crowded, even at night. So many people watch HEA from that area - beach, pool, pool deck. That pool was hopping when we were there on Wednesday night. Yesterday afternoon, the line to ride the slide was long; almost to the stairs, but it wasn’t bad the other days.

Happy birthday! Curious, how difficult was it for you to snag that dinner reservation? It's a must do on our list, but I'm nervous about not getting an ADR. Thanks!

Thank you! We lucked out with getting an ADR because reservations opened within our 60 day window and I booked on the first day. I had many times to choose from. Good luck! I hope you get one! 🤞🏻

One other thing I wanted to add. I loved listening to the live music outside of Trader Sam’s. I could hear the lady singing and playing the ukulele while sitting on my balcony in the evenings. I don’t remember live music before, but I hope they keep it.

One other thing I wanted to add. I loved listening to the live music outside of Trader Sam’s. I could hear the lady singing and playing the ukulele while sitting on my balcony in the evenings. I don’t remember live music before, but I hope they keep it.

Yeah, our room was close to that area and we enjoyed several nights on the balcony listening to the music. It was quite awesome! Both nights we heard Over the Rainbow and I was a mushy mess.

Happened by the live music last night & the man was singing Lava - absolutely wonderful!!!

I played this [hope the link works] for my family today before our resort day at the Poly ... Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole

Last edited:
I like to Moorea Building, because it's close to the TTC, the beach, and the parking lot. As others said, Tokelau is also good. I did not get my room request this trip, partly because there is a lot of construction going on and 1.5 DVC buildings are out of service.
I know Pago Pago is closed for the refurb, but which is the other 1/2 building closed? Moorea or Tokelau?? How are they making that work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter