Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I did book a cash stay for early next year just to try it. I'm intrigued by the tower and am excited for the addition. Maybe the closest I've come to being more seriously interested in buying DVC, but still not the right fit/investment for how we like to travel.

I did book a cash stay for early next year just to try it. I'm intrigued by the tower and am excited for the addition. Maybe the closest I've come to being more seriously interested in buying DVC, but still not the right fit/investment for how we like to travel.

Ha! I just said the same thing the other day! But buying into DVC now, after avoiding it the last 30 years :laughing: seems silly at my age.

Ha! I just said the same thing the other day! But buying into DVC now, after avoiding it the last 30 years :laughing: seems silly at my age.

My son & DIL bought in last fall. She keeps telling me how quick they’ll make up the cost, the perks & the discounted APs. It has made me think should we?? But at our age, there’s no way it makes any sense at all. Not even to pass on to them. My son is 43. Even he may not be traveling for another 30 or 40 years.

My son & DIL bought in last fall. She keeps telling me how quick they’ll make up the cost, the perks & the discounted APs. It has made me think should we?? But at our age, there’s no way it makes any sense at all. Not even to pass on to them. My son is 43. Even he may not be traveling for another 30 or 40 years.

I agree completely. I feel there is a target age for buying into DVC, we took the tour and came very close to buying into BWV back in 1998 by the way. At this point I think it's safe to say I'm no longer a potential buyer. ((but maybe for the Storyliving community ha ha ha))

Has there been any speculation on efforts to mitigate the effect the new resort will have on monorail and boat transportation? I assume the frequency of both will be increased…

Has there been any speculation on efforts to mitigate the effect the new resort will have on monorail and boat transportation? I assume the frequency of both will be increased…
I kinda doubt it. They did not make any such changes after adding BLT to Contemporary, Swan Reserve to Swan/Dolphin, Gran Destino Tower to CSR, etc.

Well they are limited on the number of Monorails that can operate on the Resort beam at one time. So not much flexibility in adding more trains or even running more frequently. Just like Planes they need proper separation between trains.

The resort launches are more flexible, they could run more frequently and/or run larger boats at peak times. Weather permitting.

Dave

Well they are limited on the number of Monorails that can operate on the Resort beam at one time. So not much flexibility in adding more trains or even running more frequently. Just like Planes they need proper separation between trains.

And honestly, even the most crowded monorail is still less crowded than an NYC subway during rush hour (or the 4, 5, or 6 pretty much any time)! It's all relative to what you're used to!

(I still laugh about one time - I think when I was staying at CSR - I was the last person in line for a bus and it was "crowded" by most people's standards. The driver said he would call for another immediately, and I noticed his nametag listed him as form New Jersey so I said "There's room on there behind the line. I'm from Brooklyn..." and he laughed and said "Get on here." Because he got that I'm very much accustomed to standing on public transportation.)

Wish I had gotten photos but on our 1 nt post cruise stay this past Friday we noticed work being done on the bungalows. Most likely the painting. Hawaii was totally finished and we enjoyed our stay there, though I got post-cruise sick.

Opening Day Prices Revealed for Polynesian Island Tower

Current Disney Vacation Club owners can now purchase an interest in the expansion of Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows with discounts of $10-17 per point for add-ons of 150 or more points.
Island Tower Disneys Polynesian Villas Concept Deluxe Studio 3
Beginning October 1, 2024 points for Island Towerat Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows reopens active sales to current DVC owners. The resort features a base price of $225 per point. However incentives of $10-17 per point yield some savings for buyers.

Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Current Member
Discount
Current Member
Rate
50 - 99 points n/a$225
100 - 124 pointsn/a$225
125 - 149 pointsn/a$225
150 - 199 points$10$215
200 - 249 points $13$212
250 - 299 points$14$211
300 - 499 points$15$210
500 - 999 points$16$209
1000+ points$17$208

No incentives are offered for add-ons of fewer than 150 points. At 150, a discount of $10 per point applies. That incentive rises to a maximum of $17 per point for 1,000 or more points.

With an add-on of 200 points, buyers would pay $212 per point or a total of $42,400 plus closing costs and fees. These rates are set to remain in effect until December 11, 2024.

In recent months, Disney Vacation Club has also stacked its incentives with a "Welcome Home" offer for guests with current or upcoming Disney resort stays. As of this writing, such an offer has not yet been published for the Polynesian.

All buyers adding-on at Island Tower will reportedly receive points for their 2024 Use Year. The Magical Beginnings promotion is likely to be offered, which gives buyers an added discount of $20 per point in return for selling-back their first year's set of points. Buyers are still responsible for annual dues on those points.

Island Tower is an addition to the existing Polynesian resort condominium association. As such, tower buyers will share the same January 31, 2066 contract end date and 2024 annual dues of $8.23 per point. Dues will be pro-rated from the estimated opening of December 17, 2024. Dues for 2025 should be released in November and ratified by the Disney Vacation Club board in December.

New Island Tower buyers and current Polynesianowners can begin booking the tower on October 15, 2024. Reservations will be subject to the standard 11 month window. Only a limited number of rooms have been declared into the condo association, and will thus be available for DVC points reservations.

Sales will open to first-time buyers on October 29, 2024.

We're considering maybe a duo studio at the new tower for our trip next year. We are not DVC and would try to book it through Disney. I understand if I book a dvc room that way we would still get regular mousekeeping. Is that correct? With a murphy bed, would they make the bed and put it back together? Not a huge fan of murphy beds in a hotel situation but the price is better

We're considering maybe a duo studio at the new tower for our trip next year. We are not DVC and would try to book it through Disney. I understand if I book a dvc room that way we would still get regular mousekeeping. Is that correct? With a murphy bed, would they make the bed and put it back together? Not a huge fan of murphy beds in a hotel situation but the price is better

Yes, on a cash reservation you are supposed to get daily housekeeping. It’s not unheard of for the DVC resorts to not get this 100% right on occasion (mix ups/confusion with mousekeepers on the ground, etc), but a quick call to the housekeeping line or stop by the front desk should easily rectify the situation.

I’m not sure about the Murphy Bed - will let someone with direct experience chime in there.

Hope that helps!

So, first time buyers won't get a discount?
There should be incentives for First Time buyers. Unfortunately, you might not know what they are until 10/29 when sales open to everyone.

Here was the VGF pricing for comparison. You can find full write up HERE.

Existing DVC Members Pricing:

IMG_7707.jpeg

New DVC Member Pricing:

IMG_7708.jpeg

Hope that helps.

Wish I had gotten photos but on our 1 nt post cruise stay this past Friday we noticed work being done on the bungalows. Most likely the painting. Hawaii was totally finished and we enjoyed our stay there, though I got post-cruise sick.
Oh no! Hope you are feeling better. We got back on 9/29, at the beginning of our stay there was a lot of painting going on and lots of leaf blower noise. They were blowing the leaves off the roof tops of some of the longhouses to prep for painting. First room we were assigned in Tokelau had a giant high reach parked right outside, so I called the FD for a room change. They were a little surprised because they said it was one of the most requested rooms for DVC (we booked a studio, not a regular room because we didn't want to chance being near the tower construction area). I looked it up in TP room finder and did see it was their most requested room, but not with a high reach right outside the balcony! We were moved to 1933 in Tokelau, and it was perfect. I can now say I am a Poly fan, too. It's tied with the WL.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest